• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About Champ Spawns -

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have recently gotten into doing champion spawns on Atlantic, and there is a specific player who i won't name on here that knows exactly when the boss is about to spawn, kills the boss along with us, then leaves. (Trammel Ruleset) Basically this player knows when to come and lets us do the work of the spawn before they do come.

My question is how is this person able to know this?

I have been thinking very hard, and I thought it might be similar to the old days of making a character in Fel that you intentionally kill and they act as a "spy" able to move around invisible since they are a ghost and see when spawns are about to be complete- am i getting close?

edit - i just read up on this and apparently its been fixed you cant do this anymore (since 2009 lol), but there IS something this person is doing, hmm...

Anyways, been having fun with spawns regardless

This brings me to a semi-related question - On Atlantic, which non-pvp spawns are frequented most? Dragon Turtle is obvious, as are the three ish ones. My question is more geared towards twisted weald, the Isamu-Jima, and the Bedlam Crypt, do people even do those on a regular basis? Reason i ask is i dont know many people on here and have a hard time forming parties - I just like to show up, and a couple of these require quests and fancy stuff to be able to get in them.

Also, i heard the rewards for fel ruleset are much higher, scrolls aside, is this true? I dont have a party and on Atlantic i would probably be toast, so im sticking with the non pvp ones, but i was just wondering if the non pvp champion spawns have gimped loot and less chance at the better primers/artifacts

Last edited:

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ooh they def do, level 1's is all ive gotten so far, but i heard 3's are primarily gotten from fel - is this true?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can get level 3 primers from tram champ spawns and peerless. They are just even more rare than on fel.
But they definitely drop on Tram.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's hard to even get Level 3 Primers on Fel sometimes. Did a handful of spawns the other night and didn't get any other than 110 scrolls and a few useless level 2 primers. All about the RNG I guess.

I do Humility and Valor spawns regularly and I've never a Level 3 primer. I'm sure there is some remote chance you can get one, but it's probably Powerball odds at best.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exorcism spell would get rid of any ghosts. Chances are it's a blue stealther in wraith form or something. You can still setup automatic spy cams to alert guild chat when people walk by, wouldn't be hard to announce when a champ is up either. However, not sure how likely it would be to not get revealed being so close to altar to do that. I would bet that they either have people scouting spawns, and then keep an eye on the ones that are currently being worked, or have some sort of spy bot setup that announces when people walk by near a drop in area. They then know to go check on that spawn and wait for boss.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Exorcism spell would get rid of any ghosts. Chances are it's a blue stealther in wraith form or something. You can still setup automatic spy cams to alert guild chat when people walk by, wouldn't be hard to announce when a champ is up either. However, not sure how likely it would be to not get revealed being so close to altar to do that. I would bet that they either have people scouting spawns, and then keep an eye on the ones that are currently being worked, or have some sort of spy bot setup that announces when people walk by near a drop in area. They then know to go check on that spawn and wait for boss.
Exorcism is worthless now. It won't dispel ghosts unless their body is completely decayed. And with all the spawn changes they did like 6 years ago, ghosts are already naturally dispelled from champ areas when their body decays.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have gotten lvl III primers in poisoning and magery from Humility =) So yes, they do drop occasionally

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have someone with tracking join you for a few and track any hidden players

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
upload_2017-1-10_18-5-57.png

The above is a summary of the Fel spawns I took part in last year from June forward on multiple servers. Because some of the spawns had an active protector we averaged 9 masteries per spawn and got a III about every other time. The gold is what I recovered and not the party total. That said, I was usually allowed to take the majority of it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 60067

The above is a summary of the Fel spawns I took part in last year from June forward on multiple servers. Because some of the spawns had an active protector we averaged 9 masteries per spawn and got a III about every other time. The gold is what I recovered and not the party total. That said, I was usually allowed to take the majority of it.
Next time you make a chart. Do all the spawns for the same amount of time and advance every spawn. I swear every time I advance the spawn the RNG resets to, you suck mode.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recruit a red in the guild, when they hit area spells/weap, they'll eventually flush out the hidden blue.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Recruit a red in the guild, when they hit area spells/weap, they'll eventually flush out the hidden blue.
Reds being needed and useful?? Now that's just crazy talk! :lick:

Oller

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@EliteEmpire
you place a character on the way to the spawn, hide, set a macro to "bow" every 5 minutes to not log out after 10 minutes (enhanced client), and have the "you see" thingy on. this records every player passing by.....
then you check all your spy-accounts every 5 minutes to know how many people ran past you (takes only a few seconds), indicating how advanced the spawn might be.
we have a person on drachenfels with multiple accounts and it is impossible to finish a spawn without the reds turning up.....:)
on the other hand....uo would be boring without getting an occasional raid from time to time.