• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ability to Select Pet's Casting & Special Ability A.I.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be cool if we could select the type of A.I. a pet uses. Such as, making it possible to determine what type of spell casting methods a pet uses.

Example:

A.I. Choice #1: Mana Dump. Pet casts all combat spells right away, or when it has enough mana to do so.

A.I. Choice #2: Reserved Casting. Pet doesn't cast spells much, only once in a while (I can't think of a rate of casting for this, so any input would be good).

A.I. Choice #3: Balanced Casting. Pet casts at a decent rate, but allows itself to regenerate mana a bit before casting again.

I'd also like there to be a way for this system to be applied to using Special Abilities too, like Grasping Claw, Explosive Goo, Armor Ignore, etc.

Now, this needs be able to be changed in combat situations with no limit to the casting/special abilities swapping out. This would make the combat situations more verstie.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a more useful way to regulate this would be defensive vs offensive, single target vs multiple targets casting. Another improvement would be the ability to have active only specific spells from a given magic school.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to just pick what spells it can use.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it can be simply a menu like the macro page to select top 3 choices of special moves, spells

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be cool if we could select the type of A.I. a pet uses. Such as, making it possible to determine what type of spell casting methods a pet uses.

Example:

A.I. Choice #1: Mana Dump. Pet casts all combat spells right away, or when it has enough mana to do so.

A.I. Choice #2: Reserved Casting. Pet doesn't cast spells much, only once in a while (I can't think of a rate of casting for this, so any input would be good).

A.I. Choice #3: Balanced Casting. Pet casts at a decent rate, but allows itself to regenerate mana a bit before casting again.

I'd also like there to be a way for this system to be applied to using Special Abilities too, like Grasping Claw, Explosive Goo, Armor Ignore, etc.

Now, this needs be able to be changed in combat situations with no limit to the casting/special abilities swapping out. This would make the combat situations more verstie.
Would be nice, but would require a lot more dev time since it would be a new thing, so I highly doubt it.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to be able to remove abilities, because many/most are counter productive, and pick specific combinations - as Mage monsters/pets always cast/que two spells at a time anyway it would make sense, and 3-4 for Necro/Mages