• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ABC Archer

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would recommend with 230 pts :
80 str
125 dex
25 int

I would try to get a stat scroll atleast a 20 and put it in str making str 100 dex 125 int 25

then be a elf making mana 45
then jewels and such to pump int and dex up

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
keep in mind a 80 str is the min to use a heavy xbow and if you get hit with spell that lowers your str you will be disarmed so if using a heavy you really need to get the 20 scroll or have the heavy enhanced with ash to lower requirments for str

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would the recommended stats be for an ABC archer?

100 Str
100 Dex
30 Int?

Any recommendations would be great!

Thank you!
You will want high enough STR so that even after getting cursed you will have around 100 STR. But...you could also squeeze more points in other places by using potions and getting a higher STR (those are temporary though). Is the reason why I don't advise chugging to get the desired effect. Other than that, Storm hit all the main points. Get a stat scroll...what you can afford. It will help...A LOT.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
with abc archer dex /stamina are most important followed by strength then int
dex/stamina = more shots fired
strength = more damage
int/mana = more specials

R

Radix

a stupid question:
What's the meaning of ABC archer? archery-bushido-chiv?

R

RichDC

Radix...spot on.

Everyone else...WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT A DIFFERENCE OF 3-5 damage!?!

Its a frigin game not a maths lesson!!!

Do WTF you like, I mainly pick which skill to max for titles...couldnt give 2 flying ****'s about the % this or % that.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Radix...spot on.

Everyone else...WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT A DIFFERENCE OF 3-5 damage!?!

Its a frigin game not a maths lesson!!!

Do WTF you like, I mainly pick which skill to max for titles...couldnt give 2 flying ****'s about the % this or % that.
Maybe they are doing what they like I personally could care less about titles after all there just words :)

R

RichDC

Maybe they are doing what they like I personally could care less about titles after all there just words :)
Agreed, and well said.

I just get fed up of reading back and forth ramblings about formulas, that's not the uo i love.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I hear ya I just have played so darn long they are in my head and wont go away lol