• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aah Memories!!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, yep. I remember those. In Ultima IX: Ascension, the computer in the Avatar's Earth house had an advertisement for UO 2 on it. I remember everyone asking if they could copy their UO characters over to UO 2, and being told no, because they had two totally different character systems.
Funny thing is, UO 2 probably would've murdered EQ in it's cradle, allowing EA to shape the future of the MMORPG genre. Imagine how much different MMOs would be today then. Probably alot different.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Funny thing is, UO 2 probably would've murdered EQ in it's cradle, allowing EA to shape the future of the MMORPG genre. Imagine how much different MMOs would be today then. Probably alot different.
I agree but that would have required a visionary leader and EA has none of those.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple other nice finds up there by Lorddog and Rico.. anyone else have any?

I wonder if EA feels like the salesgirl in "Pretty Woman"?

Big mistake.. Huge. oh well hindsight is 20/20.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree but that would have required a visionary leader and EA has none of those.
Yep. EA already had a pretty horrid reputation, so the future of MMOs wouldn't exactly be better off if EA had released UO 2 and influenced the development of further 3D MMOs.