• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement A word on town Banners.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received this from the King,

Citizens of Britannia and her outlying areas,

In an effort to being our lands closer together, consolidate and bring our diverse lands hand in hand into the future I issue the following proclamation.

All bannered lands, are hereby adopted by the crown but will retain their geographic sovereignty. Meaning, most importantly that citizens who are subjects of the Empress of Tokuno will remain thus.

In return, adopted lands and townships can and will be granted "boons" and attention by the crown in positive and constructive ways based on their level of participation, activity and reputation throughout the realm.

In addition, towns that seek to include themselves in Britannian politics will also be taken notice of and attention from the Crown of Britannia can and will be given attention as well.

For Britannia,

Blackthorn, King
What this means to you...

All towns with a banner are included in this program as part of the banner program on Atlantic.

If you have a banner you/your town can be included in EM events, The Governor Program and other EM activities.

Towns can EARN boons such as a stable master through activity and shard wide community participation.

The reason we are doing this is two fold, first to spur more activity and participation as a part of community building on Atlantic, and secondly to answer the call for common requests in relation to player run towns.

A word about RP, if you are an RP town that is a part of Tokuno or whatever, the King of Britannia is not annexing your lands to Britannia in an RP way. Think of it more as the Empress giving permission/license to the King of Britannia and his agents to improve upon your lands as an invited guest.

A word about politics, if you kill a governor, try and assassinate the King and otherwise upset the political stability of the realm, expect a heavy handed response. If you engage in healthy debate, constructive community building and spur activity on the shard, you can expect boons.

A word for people that just want to be left alone, say you are a guild town, you host guild only events, have no desire to help the community at large expand, or are a 'one man town' and an island. You can expect to be just left alone as long as you are not 'asking' to be included through the way you conduct your town or establishment.

A word on abandoned locations, if a banner has been abandoned, the houses around it no longer a part of the banner location or the banner built and the town sold and/or the location no longer meets the requirements of attaining a banner in the first place expect the banner to be removed. The only exception to this is banners and locations of vast historical importance such as the Cave of Claudia Raym, the banners of Sanctus and the Order of the Ebon Skull, the town of Fogwood and the Serpent Cross Tavern, are all prime examples.

We are still piecing this together as a team at Mesanna's request so expect more details to follow. If you wish to discuss this in a semi-vague RP manner to the King, remember to keep it as Role Playing and In Character. If you wish to discuss this in a more detailed, specific manner or have concerns of how your particular location would be treated under this program, talking to Elder EM Bennu or email [email protected] would be the most constructive way of doing so.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guilds town meets all the requirements listed on the EM website, however...none of us are very good with computer art programs...and we have no clue how to design a banner outline to send in an email. is there any way to get around this if new banners are given out? we aren't very picky on what the banner looks like.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Captain,

Just go to Test center and copy your toon over with some deco items
Plop down a plot ( in the area you want the banner) and construct your banner ideas.
Talk to your guild members about their ideas for it
Take a snap shot and email Bennu with a rune to the Co-ords

T

Tazar

My guilds town meets all the requirements listed on the EM website, however...none of us are very good with computer art programs...and we have no clue how to design a banner outline to send in an email. is there any way to get around this if new banners are given out? we aren't very picky on what the banner looks like.
Captain,

Just go to Test center and copy your toon over with some deco items
Plop down a plot ( in the area you want the banner) and construct your banner ideas.
Talk to your guild members about their ideas for it
Take a snap shot and email Bennu with a rune to the Co-ords
The thing about the plot on test is that there are many items available for use that a player can't get to work into the test image. Captn - I can assist with this if you want to PM or ICQ me any details. Coordinates of where you want it - a description of pieces to go into it (maybe we can get you into our vent server and discuss directly) and then basic assembly instructions. It's not that hard to lay out - but you'll have to think over what you want. What represents the town, location, ethics (good vs. evil) of the group, etc. and build that into the banner.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The banner req's doc is going to be rewritten. It predates even me.

If you Download InsideUO, and use the install files from the newest UO CD you have it will work. Just dont patch it. You will have to route the files individually to insideUO when it prompts you. Its a pain, but it works. (If you dont have a CD, someone you know does) You can also splice together screen shots of items as well.

Guys, this is all in flux and in the process of being worked on. I have a lot of work to do on it, and a lot of stuff to run by Mesanna. I promised a status report on this in February so I Wanted to keep my promise, and gave what I have.

Now is not the time to be making requests to deco your entire town... it wont work like that anyway. :p

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You mean no street signs, Lighthouses, stables, tents, mushroom tables & chairs! Darn It!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The thing about the plot on test is that there are many items available for use that a player can't get to work into the test image. Captn - I can assist with this if you want to PM or ICQ me any details. Coordinates of where you want it - a description of pieces to go into it (maybe we can get you into our vent server and discuss directly) and then basic assembly instructions. It's not that hard to lay out - but you'll have to think over what you want. What represents the town, location, ethics (good vs. evil) of the group, etc. and build that into the banner.
Thanks Tazar :) I will bring it up at the next guild meeting so everyone can discuss ideas for it's design.

T

Tazar

Thanks Tazar :) I will bring it up at the next guild meeting so everyone can discuss ideas for it's design.
You might want to look at the other town banners too for ideas of what is possible. Along the south wall of Luna - east from the south gate - you'll see a row of tables and statues. 2x click the statue to be teleported to the town banners. There were a lot of neat ideas done.