• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A word of Warning

• Thread starter NewThunder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

NewThunder

I would encourage everyone to read through some of the posts on Uhall (I know that is is often un-readable), there seems to be some major issues with duping and bannings going around.

Always remember if a deal seems too good to be true, like Val hammer in bulk for 12 mil each, it is probobly more trouble then it is worth. I would hate to see the good folks of legends lose accounts or homes.

N

NewThunder

Also be very careful what you say in game. There have been reports of players being banned for simply mentioning certain websites that promote duping and 3rd party programs. EA it seems is taking a zero tollerence of this type of thing.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to hear from UO as to why someone would be permabanned for warning friends and/or guildies away from these sites. Many of you will know who I am talking about. It seems you cannot even name the sites or use the words in warning.

I am, right now, sadly dissapointed in UO>

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must have missed something but that's not anything new. Someone wanna pm me details if it cant be discussed over these boards? I gotta quit working weekends :sad2:

I do know that giving out Urls in game is a bad idea but warning someone not to do it just doesnt make sense for a perma-ban. But nothing surprises me these days.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A well loved guildleader of a large Legends guild was banned and the guildhall destroyed, all for warning people during a guild meeting not to dupe or deal with dupers.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who was it? It was Damia was it?

I like the fact that UO is finally taking a zero tolerance approach, but they might be going a tad to far by banning people for telling people not to deal with dupers.

S

Sorcon Gartius

The sad part is that she was banned for trying to prevent it... And that someone in her guild or someone at the guild meeting had to actually click the "Report" button and target her to turn her in.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man I just got my cable set up at my new place, and this makes me not want to log on uo...truly sad.

C

Cobra76

I was at that meeting. I find it hard to believe that anyone there would have reported her. She is the salt of the Earth.

And what was her crime? Telling us not to cheat? Geesh we need MORE people like her not less.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was at that meeting. I find it hard to believe that anyone there would have reported her. She is the salt of the Earth.

And what was her crime? Telling us not to cheat? Geesh we need MORE people like her not less.
Well someone there had to page on her to get her banned. Devs cant watch everyone...someone was just lame and got her banned. Sux.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I agree that what happened to Damia sucks big ol donkey you know whats but what is it they say....

Bad Publicity is still Publicity :/

So even if she was trying to effect the sites in a negative way by not giving them traffic, merely saying there name is still giving them advertisement....

It is a very crappy situation and I'm sorry it happened to a good person like her, I'm more then willing to help her in anyway I can, with any luck an appeal can be filed and may this can be resolved differently then a Perma ban.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With so much fo this game being based in trust the thought that it was a member of a guild..or trusted freind is crushing.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Unforchantly with a guild that size, doesn't matter if your the friendliest, most loving, most caring, most giving person in UO, you're bound to have someone that doesn't like you :(.

That's why you have to be careful in mass groups like that cause you never really know who your friends truly are in them until it comes down to it. :( It's sad but true.

A

aavie

Wait a minute, she never named a specific website or a dupe, just warned her members to not go to websites promoting dupes and exploits as it could get their accounts banned.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I'd better respond to this, I have been very busy as you can imagine. First i want to thank everyone who came to help rebuild and for your support.

Here's what happened. There was a lot of talk on uhall about a web site being freely passed around listing dupes and how to do them. A lot of people had asked me about it, everyone was talking about it. I thought a general reminder of what is right and wrong was in order. I do not know the web site so I did not say it. I wouldn't have even if I had known what it was. I told people if they were given the web site not to even go as it could contain a key logger. I reminded people that duping was wrong, and not to get curious, that to try one even once could result in the loss of your account. I thought I was protecting my people.

The next day my account was banned and our guild house and all contents deleted. I got a letter from EA saying that I can not even discuss the existence of bugs or exploits. Now I did not discuss or even mention the dupes that everyone knows are out there. I merely said the word dupes. I have never duped anything, I wouldn't know how, and wouldn't even if I did. I have never bought any valorite hammers, I owned one given to me as a gift which I never used, and it's the only one I have ever owned.

There are no bad marks against my account, I don't do anything wrong. I won't even slip and cuss in the game for fear of risking my account, and beleive me there have been times I have been tempted. :)

I'm angry and frustrated, okay saying the d word in game is bannable. I get that what I did was wrong, but to get perma banned for trying to help and protect people isn't right either. Not only did they delete my account, but I can't log on to the EA website to open a dispute because my account is invalid. I can't get a live person on the phone, they just keep sending me to the web site which I can't log in to.

So just a word of warning, don't say the D word in game. I'm afraid to say anything in game right now, and i won't talk about this in game either. I'm not sure if there is some kind of blanket search that looks for key words, or if one of my own people paged on me for saying the word. I hope it's not the latter. I would hate to think that someone I love and try to look out for would do this to me.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and that's the worst part of their refusal to give specific details to the person that was banned... it has set the seed of doubt in you that was not there before

K

Kula

I've been away for some time, I regret having completely missed this incident. For the past 2 years I have played UO for the mere fact that I enjoyed playing with my guild.

If UO doesn't take a close look at what they have done - it seems like they haven't looked at the situation at all - I will immediately terminate my account.

There's no doubt in my mind that if a real person actually looks into the matter on EA's end that Damia would be cleared.