• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A wee Rant

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,
It is many years since i have played UO, over 10 and many more sense i have played on pacific.
I'm thinking of returning to UO.

What is better, Pacific or Europa?
Reason i ask is, i ported all my main characters over to europa, and do i stay there or can i return to pacific shard?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has the highest general population. However other shards have some great communities as well. It really depends on what you are looking to get into.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic is best for population (Scribbles and I both live on Atlantic)

Catskills/Europa/Chesapeake are all great for Roleplay and have medium populations

Lake Superior and Great Lakes seem to have the most PvP lately.

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is best for population (Scribbles and I both live on Atlantic).
On my way to re-joining UO.
I must say remembering old passwords may be hard or impossible, but having an old active linked email account really helps.

Atlantic was where i started playing UO from Beta, had a ball playing there, but as i was on dialup back then and living in San Francisco, i moved to Pacific soon after release.

Looking forward to playing again.

BTW i am building a new pc, may take a week or so, till i log on.
Also my internet is bad as i'am on wireless internet with horrid, really horrid speeds, i was thinking of using my mobile 4G, and use internet sharing as my data allowance is 22.5 GB/30 days at approx download speeds 990kb/s
Can i play with this 4G Connection? And if i play for 3 hours x 5 days, say 60 hours a month, any idea what data i will use.

Thanks,
Grim

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know much about 4G and data usage, maybe @Scribbles will know.

Hopefully we will see you around Atlantic sometime soon :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Grimwar Im on the road constantly. Sometimes I have access to a verizon 4g hotspot. All though i do not have a clue on the data usage, i will say it is completely possible to play on it. I wouldn't recommend pvp or big events, but doing general stuff wouldnt be a problem. I know i have never gone over 20 gigs with 8 other people in a months span. Those other people were primarily using the connection for emails and web browsing.