• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] A way to turn off your self click from environment.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love the ability to NOT make myself clickable in the window. Can this be done? A toggle?
For example, I don't want to drag out my healthbar and I don't need to click on myself to cast cure. Would help in home deco so I don't drop item on myself. Enhanced Client pretty much eliminates this Classic Client handicap in my eyes.

I can think of a lot of benefits to this and no cons.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been talked about around the office before. Right now, there are no plans.

Speaking personally, I also would love this as an available option.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks BTeng for answering. It's good to see that this has come up. I realize that you have priorities and this might not be game breaking.
I'm thinking especially for new players, that this would seem more "familiar" behavior to not self click as per other games don't usually self click like UO.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might as well write my thoughts on the subject.
Two suggestions to the EC Developers in regards to clicking on your onscreen character. It should cut down tremendously on the annoyance factor.

#1- I'd like an option to NOT grab my OWN healthbar. Use Shift before you grab your OWN healthbar. Shouldn't be hard since they just implemented the shift click to open your context menu option. And/Or put the option to get the healthbar from the context menu or maybe from your paperdoll (the latter like classic client does.)
--Benefits:
1)You won't accidentally grab your bar & click and dismount self.
2)Happier Gargoyle players. Flying gargoyles are always grabbing their healthbars by mistake since their wings cover large area. This is a major annoyance!
3)You don't need your healthbar since you have your portrait anyway that functions in same manner (can cast magic onto it, can bring up context menu, etc). Why would I need my healthbar AND my portrait bar? It's Reduntant and not needed.
4)Helps cut down using up your limit of hotbars on screen. We are limited to 10 hotbars, and I end up having my hotbar up unnecessarily therefore when I try to grab the 11th hotbar, I can't.

--Cons:
1)can't drag healthbar? LOL

#2- Eliminate self clicking. Put a toggle to not be able to click on self. In essence, makes your mouse not recognize your character in screen.
--Benefits:
1)Would eliminate the above annoyances altogether.
2)Makes it easy to do house deco without constantly clicking on self.
3)Won't take your Targeting bar off your current target. I hate when I have a mob targeted and I click on myself by mistake therefore losing my mob.
4)Makes it easy to drop things on the ground or pick items up near you.
5)No need to target self since I can use my portrait for that (or my healthbar if I decide I do want that out).
6)EC has cast spell > target self , therefore no real need to click on myself.
7)Area Effect spells would still see me. Example, cast Arch Cure in your vicinity and it will work on you.
8)Does not disallow you from clicking others. This is just for yourself.
9)I always right-click to loot and/or I drag loot into my pack (for neatness sake).
10)Mounts - I never double click on myself to dismount. First of all, I use the macro Command script listed here on Stratics forum (*points to top of board*) ( http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=149410 ). I bound to a key and works like the garg's fly macro. Also works on Ethy mounts. Second of all, I have a MOUNT UP macro. It says "all follow me" and then target nearest follower > use target. These work awesome.
I suggest the DEvs put the dismount commands as a macro action icon to make it easier on everyone.

--Cons:
1)Old school casters would want to precast and click on self. Depends on your play style.
2)Hovering your mouse on self might not show your name & title. Depends on how the devs implement it. I would just use macro "Show all names" to see my name anyway.
3)Can't drop loot on self. (I right-click auto loot the items or drag to my pack always.. neater for me)
4)Can't pickup item and drop on self. Would have to put in pack or drop into paperdoll pack icon. (unless devs later let us drop it on our portrait)
5)Can't drop items onto your portrait (wish we could.... um, like healthbar)

My reasoning for these suggestions is, because Enhanced Client has so many modern features, I don't see the need to ever click on myself. This would obviously not work for the Classic Legacy Client, but would be very possible on EC.