• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Vet reward idea...

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we need a horse pulled chariot, wagon or coach... or at least an ethy that two people can ride. That way we can have designated drivers... or a coach line...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a great idea, but there would be some things to figure out first, for example if two people can ride in it, and the driver leaves. can the second person continue to use it? or would it just be stuck there forever. and if the owner logs out, what happens when the second person exits the chariot? which person gets the "ethereal chariot" in their backpack. Also we would run into the problem that people have been discussing in Uhall for awhile about gypsy wagons for players, which is that they would be used for griefing in many different ways.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oddball: Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Sorry Captn... couldn't resist... hehehe.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I understood the dev reply to the gypsy wagon post correctly, the problem with multi-character/multi tile transport on land is something connected to the z axis. For ships, the sea is all on the same z axis. The land is not.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I understood the dev reply to the gypsy wagon post correctly, the problem with multi-character/multi tile transport on land is something connected to the z axis. For ships, the sea is all on the same z axis. The land is not.
WEEES NOS WANT DEM TO MOVE. WEEES KIN JUST PUTS DEM INA USINS PACKS.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, you did say that regarding the gypsy wagons. They would be static, temporary housing. However this thread concerns actual transport, so the reply you were given at the time, before you gave that qualification, applies here.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does this mean we can go piggy back?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
yes, you did say that regarding the gypsy wagons. They would be static, temporary housing. However this thread concerns actual transport, so the reply you were given at the time, before you gave that qualification, applies here.
BAH

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this in another post but thought it should be added here also...

I still would like to be able to dye my loincloth in game... it's kinda gray looking, been wearing it for over 14 years... (another great idea for a vet reward... loincloth dye tub)

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Illegal Matters said:

I still would like to be able to dye my loincloth in game... it's kinda gray looking, been wearing it for over 14 years... (another great idea for a vet reward... loincloth dye tub)

The Fabulous Fern Goodfellow, has been requesting this for years and has even personally begged Mesanna for a cheetah print undergarment dying tub.

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think she does....

Anyway, transport vet rewards...can I have a broom to ride around on?

Or a diving bell to go underwater, maybe they can develop and open up a whole new area for underwater sea exploring.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
WEEES COULD ATTACKED BY MERMEN, AND OCTOPUSS , SHARKS ,SQUIDS, WOOOT
ALL LIVE TOGETHER IN MY YELO SUBAMARINE

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
FEETZ WEAR MAKES DEM MAGIC!!! ELVEN SHOES OF SPED +3 DEX FOR 5 MINS
GIANT BOOTS OF STR, MONK SANDLES OF WISDOM +5 INTEL ,5 MINS. ECT

Last edited:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree Ozog, there would be a lot more fishing folks if the footwear was actually worth keeping... fishable magic footwear would be awesome...