• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A tropical theme

S

shonsu

Anyone have pics/ideas regarding house/hut with tropical theme? I just got an 18 by 18 near the water.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we had a pic of one on the old forums. Sandy floor, little grass like hut, palm trees etc. Someone even suggested having vendors named after chars of Gilligans Island.
Hmmm..there were nets, shells, fishing poles...
Anyone else remember that one?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we had a pic of one on the old forums. Sandy floor, little grass like hut, palm trees etc. Someone even suggested having vendors named after chars of Gilligans Island.
Yup, it was the first thing that came to mind. He had a grass hut, a shipwrecked boat rubble section, and palm tree rubble, which was great. I suggested inhabiting the then deserted island with some Gilligan's Island char named vendors, and to scatter some of the stealable coconut items around, as the design just shouted "3 hour tour" to me. :D

Since we do not have an actual sand terrain tile that I can remember, other than the SE white sand pattern tiles, you may need to place the sand colored stone tiles as a base and scatter mined sand pieces over the top. That will not be lockdown friendly, but it may be the only way to get sand piles and sand terrain that doesn't look so artificial as the sand garden tiles which of course are meant to represent meticulously raked sections of sand.

-Skylark

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a house for sale on the Europe trading board that, while not very developed, may provide a starting point for this concept.

*nicks url*

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe he could use the SE floor tiles that look like mats- I think they come in tan, green, or cream. That way it may look like a soft mat floor.

S

shonsu

There's a house for sale on the Europe trading board that, while not very developed, may provide a starting point for this concept.

*nicks url*

Very nice pictures. I appreicate the input. I guess my main problem is filling the entire 18 by 18. Cant build too many structures or it looks like some Robinson Crusoe gone mad scheme, but a hut here and there looks a little sparse.

The hut pictured in europa is intriguing. Are those windows opening out. It does seem to give the hut a more open air feeling

M

Melina Havelock

Aye. I kept meaning to save the image, but put it off. Not knowing, of course, our forums would be lost to the dark ages. It was a very unique design.