• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event A Tisket, A Tasket...A Noise in my Basket... 4-19-2014 @ 7 PM PST

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
http://stratics.com/community/threads/a-tisket-a-tasket-a-noise-in-my-basket.314574/:

Resisting the urge to scratch her very red skin, as WildStar had explained after she and the others had met with the Bee Master, that it would not be in her best interest to do so, Grindylow herself was headed off to see the man.

According to Fig, supposedly he had loaned out his queen bee, one he had taken very special care to create by breeding various strains of bee's, to a man called Roland.

It was interesting to hear that the man known as Roland, had said he wanted to use the Bee Master's Queen to start a new strain of bee's. Bee's that would work twice as hard and twice as fast as any other bee. He had promised they would provide more honey, for baking and mead, than any other bee around. What he failed to mention, (perhaps intentionally), was that the bee's were quite aggressive. Grindylow was herself proof of that.

"We surely don't need any Killer Bee's here", she thought, for surely the bee's if she hadn't ran and jumped into the water on the far side of the orchard in back of the King's Castle, would have stung her to death.

They had been quite relentless in their pursuit and no amount of swatting or spells had put them off.

Thank goodness it seemed the bee's had left the area, and none had been sighted since in the Orchard, but the thought remained in Grindy's mind "What if the King had been outside instead of me?". It would have been His Grace that would have suffered the brutal stings and pain, perhaps even death. That thought made Grindy shudder.

Passing through Compassion Moongate, Grindy made her way to the back of the butcher's wagon in the Gypsy Camp. Stepping into the quaint sparkle, she found herself on a small beach. Heading east, she found the Bee Master busy building new Hives.

"Hail good sir! May I have a moment of your time?" she said as she sneaked a small scratch on the back of her leg. Looking up from his work, the Bee Master did a double take at the strange sight of a very very red woman with pink glowing hair, and whelps the size of a shilling covering her from head to toe.

"Ye must be that Grindylow them folks were talkin' about" he said as stared at the sight of Grindy (quite rudely at that, everyone knows you must not stare at those afflicted as such),"They were tellin' me you got stung somethin' awful!" "Aye good sir, that I did", she replied, "I thank my lucky moons, I am alive after that horrendous episode!"

"Aye lass, I kin see that, but I assure you, it were none of MY bee's that attacked ye!" he said quite adamantly. "My bee's are humble bee's! Quite gentle! I bred them to be such!"

"I'm sure sir, but, I came to see if you had finished with the potion that would give me relief from this horrid itching and red skin I have now!" Grindy said. "Welp, lass, I started to make that potion, I surely did," he said, "But I found I jest ain't quite got ever'thin I need to make it....."

"What!!?? Oh dear oh dear! I don't think I can go much longer looking or feeling like this", Grindy cried out.

"Those folks that were here, the ones that KILLED my bee's,(by accident of course they said, *snorts*), said they would help. Mayhaps you can talk them into helpin find these ingredients?" said the Bee Master.

"I guess I'll have to ask them...it's my only choice", Grindy said. "Can you give me a list of what's needed?"

"O' course I kin", he said. "here let me write it down fer ye.."

Grindylow thanked the old Bee Master, and taking the list, headed off back towards Britain resisting the urge to scratch.

Event: A Tisket, A Tasket..A Noise in my Basket...

Date: 4/19/14

Time: 7pm pst

Meet: Grindylow at West Britain Bank