• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A thought on the Taming

J

JackSP

I am not gonna judge any template.

I mean really I am a thief, I am based on not earning anything for myself, just taking it from others.

If you were a warrior and a new sword came out that was stronger, well you would use it. You can lie all you want, but you would. The tamers will as well.
Even the ones that do not intend to. They are out farming, you come up and gank them. Then they will retaliate with whatever means neccessary.

I dont think that taking the powerful pets away are neccessary.
There just may need to be a few things added to restore balance. I dont really care enough to suggest to the developers but you might if your complaining here.

Just some thoughts you could use:

1. Have bonding on siege only work if they use up thier siege bless on it.
2. Make pets able to be stolen (i think a good old horse thief would be cool)
3. Lower the range of the spells.
4. Make a 5 slot creature require 115,115 to use. maybe 120/115
5. Pets should become grey for killing a player red or blue.
I think that tamers are a great thing, our taming system is a unique asset of this game. But it would seem fitting if thier use within city walls was more limited.

Just some thoughts and suggestions from someone who neither uses them here, nor really has to combat them. I consider myself both non-bias, and absent of all empathy on it. Due to the fact that I will just steal from the rich regardless of who and why they are.

G

How about lets make a change to mages wearing all this super-uber armor. A mage has been, and always was intended to, only being able to wear either just clothing or simple leather armor. This is exactly why a mage has the ability to buff his or her self with buff spells i.e. reactive armor, protection, str, agility, bless etc. etc.

G

I think the siege blessing idea is pretty solid, as a tamer i know they are my most valuable assest, as an uber weapon is a warrior. Why should I get the equivalent of multiple blesses. Not a bad idea.

G

How about removing the pet slot limitor so i can run around with ten dragons again

I

imported_dexdash

only problem i have with that is thwe few tamers that like to run with a pack of smaller animals, like frenzies or spiders. other wise id be for it or consider it

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I think the siege blessing idea is pretty solid, as a tamer i know they are my most valuable assest, as an uber weapon is a warrior. Why should I get the equivalent of multiple blesses. Not a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't bless anything on goron:-/ so making me use siege bless wouldnt really change anything for me. While I think it is a good idea, I do not think it will have much impact on anything.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

How about removing the pet slot limitor so i can run around with ten dragons again

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout trying to play siege instead of just coming to its forums and looking like a jackass?

G

Come play Siege you wont have to worry about uber suits on a mage. And that way you can show us all how to pvp with your super uber understanding of game mechanics as pointed out by HA-HA and Goron

G

Aye. You should definitely come to siege and put your money where your mouth is.

K

Kat SP

Doom - I do believe you have been put to a challenge! Are you up to the task?

G

Begging all your pardon, but i've been on siege since '98. How long have y'all been here again? I've seen it, done that, killed you, and your friends.
See ya in the field.

N

Nico-SP

If you been playing sp since 98 who are you?
Or are you just lying a little?

I

imported_CountLovE

No F'ing way. Why don't we all drink Purple koolaid, and hold hands instead.

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

How about lets make a change to mages wearing all this super-uber armor. A mage has been, and always was intended to, only being able to wear either just clothing or simple leather armor. This is exactly why a mage has the ability to buff his or her self with buff spells i.e. reactive armor, protection, str, agility, bless etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except those dont work unless you have inscribe, duh obviously never played a mage.

G

Begging your pardon again, but i do play a mage, and those spells do work. What you're referring to with inscribe is the fact that a mage with GM inscription gets a bonus to those spells. *yawns*