• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"A Small Piece of Blackrock"

Kragspire

Visitor
I keep finding these on my miner/smith. Is there currently any use for them in game or should I just trash them? Thank for any help.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Clean up points. If you just throw them on the ground they stay there forever lol. I'm sure they must be good for something but I've never used them.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still keep a small piece in my back pack just in case they accidentally turn on blackrock monster infection again

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I still keep a small piece in my back pack just in case they accidentally turn on blackrock monster infection again
I was on break from UO during that. What was "blackrock infection" ? *wanders off to google now*

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I was on break from UO during that. What was "blackrock infection" ? *wanders off to google now*
First stage it itches, 2nd stage it stings, 3rd stage it turns black and then it falls off. :wink:

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
VAS KAL AN MANI IN CORP HUR TYM

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I miss those days of "accidentally" blackrock infecting things... that was the best. To have a raven or cow suddenly come at you like you were target one! Or my favorite... to go down and be hunting Ancient Wyrms and run around looking for it and then.... "Oh ****!" "What Malag?" "Um... Sorry! but RUN!!!!!"
And a whole party of 4 instantly dead... LOL.... was such fun... but we managed to kill it and I treasure that chest... (Yes if the infected mob had a chance to spawn a T-Map you had a chance to get a blackrock infected chest named for the mob... you might occasionally see the small black chests on vendors or at an IDOC)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Like this one...

Blackrock.jpg

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackrock infection was pretty fun, I think you should be able to somehow do that again, but there should also be a way to cure your infection so it doesn't happen (but it should work on ANY attack-able mob in UO, (Bosses, paragons,/equivalents, etc) almost endless possibilities.

Spawn a different type of infected box or have their own set of unique loot whatever it may be...besides, the challenge would be there again.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Blackrock infection was pretty fun, I think you should be able to somehow do that again, but there should also be a way to cure your infection so it doesn't happen (but it should work on ANY attack-able mob in UO, (Bosses, paragons,/equivalents, etc) almost endless possibilities.

Spawn a different type of infected box or have their own set of unique loot whatever it may be...besides, the challenge would be there again.
I take it you never ran into a buggy Blackrock infected Melisande it was....interesting?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I take it you never ran into a buggy Blackrock infected Melisande it was....interesting?
Nope, I take it that was an Event mob though right?

I'd like to run into a Paragon dreadhorn & all of that too. it would bring some challenge to it, instead of it being the same thing over and over again.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nope, I take it that was an Event mob though right?

I'd like to run into a Paragon dreadhorn & all of that too. it would bring some challenge to it, instead of it being the same thing over and over again.
Nope not an event mob, maybe I should clarify though, sometimes we were getting the adds from Melisande show up infected.. the Satyr etc..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope not an event mob, maybe I should clarify though, sometimes we were getting the adds from Melisande show up infected.. the Satyr etc..
ok yea I've seen the Satyrs at lady mel show up as blackrock infected, but not lady mel herself.. I think it should be possible to spawn just about anything as "Blackrock infected", "Paragon" or "Blackrock infected - Paragon".

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if Black Rock Elementals are supposed to exist anymore. A few weeks ago I found one on Legends in Trammel near the Ophidian lair in lost lands. I had to do the quest for Blackrock Stew. Since no body on Legends sales the stew anymore.

I thought the Armageddon spell didn't work anymore. One of my characters misses the voices in his head.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackrock infection is one of those things that should have been left on indefinite, you know, to keep the game spicy. But our current devs know more than we do, what WE need to keep it spicy, so it's off along with lots of other things players enjoyed. Move along, nothing to see here.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the spell now works for just exploding the blackrock, not to do the massive damage to invasion mobs that it originally did. The actual spell (damage dealing) was able to be used by players recently at a great lakes EM event.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I occasionally make blackrock stew on Lake Austin, and put it on my vendor in the UMP player town. If anyone there needs more, just let me know and I'll crank out some more.