• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Shard Wide Harrower?

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

A Shard Wide Harrower?

• Are you crazy? No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

Eyes of Origin

I was thinking it might be kinda fun to do a shard wide Harrower and wanted some input from other players.
It might be difficult to do since most players on Origin are uhm strictly tram facet players, but I dont think it would be impossible.
There would have to be rules in place and theres no way to avoid being raided on something like this so everyone would have to understand that yes, reds will probably show up, whether they play this shard exclusively or not.
If it was to be done and the Harrower completed there would also be a matter of who gets what scrolls and can we trust that everyone would even turn the scrolls in. I have some ideas to make sure this gets done and am open to any input you guys would have as long as it constructive to the idea.

Please keep snide remarks to yourselves. Its just an idea.

C

Crystal Canyon

Please keep snide remarks to yourselves. Its just an idea.
Well just take all of the fun out replying to your post by making that comment!!!:danceb:

Seriously...It sounds like a great idea and would be a good way for folks who have never tried a harrow to experience it. It also would allow for Tram based players to experience a bit of PVP among friends.

I would suggest writing up a small manual on the steps of doing the Harrower for players who may be doing it for the first time. Players who are interested could contact you a bit a head of time so they could look the book over and get an idea of how it will organized.

THis is an activity that would be great for the citizens of Origin. A group project such as this would be a great way to meet alot of the new players being seen roaming our fair shard.

Thanks Morgaine!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all for it. I have done a lot of champing but never have I attempted a harrower.

It is on my bucket list so this would be cool!

For those considering attending. You are going to die. You're are going to die a lot. Expected it and accept it!

Make sure you are 100% insured, make sure you carry nothing you don't 100% need.

Consider leaving characters at home that need things like aids or regs to survive.

Plan on losing a lot of insurance money.

Plan on attending it just for the experience. Who cares what you get or if you die. Go with a group of friends. Go with a good attitude.

Mostly just go to have fun!

Great idea Morg! Thank your friends that will allow this to happen.

E

Eyes of Origin

LOL I havent even passed this idea along to my guild yet, but in all honestly.. how could they tell me no? They could argue that they dont want to help protect those that will be there, but at the same time.. how can they resist? If this gets done it will bring all sorts of people out of the woodwork I am sure, thus giving them someone to fight in the process :)

I wouldnt say leave your aids behind and all that... If done right there is minimal death to the people actually killing the harrower. I have done them with as little as 4 people. Besides, if a dragon or two die we'll need the aids to rez them ;)
I would say though, leave everything else you wont need behind and yes, make sure everything is insured, just in case you do die.
I think it would help bring guilds together and possibly show some that Fel isnt all that bad, but I could be wrong =/ It could get raided by 20 or so reds and I know how some feel about that.
If I do this, it will be in the next week or two. It takes some planning, plus I need to get the champ skulls. I will be planning the details in the process and once I know who and how many might be interested I will plan the exact date and let everyone know.
Maybe we can get Sara to come cover it for us? :)
If anyone does have any questions, please post them here or PM me.. I, honestly would like to talk to the individuals who are interested in going. I'll try to get a night open where we can all meet in game and discuss it.

C

Crystal Canyon

Really Timber, its not that bad. Yes, some death is inevitable, but it is not necessarily a total bloodbath. (Of course we said that last weekend also didnt we?) LOL

Seriously, if it is set up correctly, in which with Morgaine at the helm, I'm sure it will be, it is not as bad as it sounds. Organization is the key here. As with any large hunt, it take some preparation and alot of Organization.

I agree that taking regs of any kind would be not be a good idea, however, 100% lower reg suits are our friends. Bandies on the other hand are a necessity and not only will tamers and warriors being packing them, but most mages will bring along some also for backup and distributing to those in need.

You will love it Timber, as I know how you enjoy a good challenge and exciting hunt!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies I never suggested leaving aids behind. You both need some more coffee this morning it seems!

What I said was perhaps if you have a choice bring a character that doesn't require things that can be looted.

A stealth mage....a necro mage....with 100% lrc isn't tied to an item that can be looted by a monster or player!

But yes of course if you do bring a tamer or dexer...bring your aids!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea! This could be a lot of fun ...

Those who primarily play Trammel PvM need to be aware of what their area spells, fields, evs do to reds ... and vice versa. Fields and area spells are VERY common at a Harrower, so if you step into a field cast by a red or are within the range of one of their area spells, you may get the ... You are being attacked by <insert red name here> ... and they aren't really attacking you. (Or they may be getting the message you are attacking them when you aren't directly targeting them.)

The above applies to weapons with hit area effects, also

Even if it were to be raided, I remember watching my first Harrower raid in awe ... Talk about a challenge ... PvM and PvP all at the same time! You'll see some real skill and strategy.

What's the worst thing that could happen to someone? They die. UO death is only until the next rez!!!

You let me know when and I'll do my absolute best to be there!!

E

Eyes of Origin

My plans for this evening were just cancelled .. one of the kiddos just got sent home from school with a flu bug :( so looks like I will have some free time tonight once kids are in bed, if some of you would like to meet and talk about this idea. I will drop books around Luna with the time and place. Of course with a kiddo not feeling well, I may have to put it off. I'll know in the next hour or so if this is going to work tonight.

Sara, you are exactly right. We will discuss the area effects and all once this is planned out or once we all meet up. I have ways around that from happening, just need to make sure all are on the same page.

C

Crystal Canyon

Consider leaving characters at home that need things like aids or regs to survive.
*Cough Cough* My coffee has been doing its job sinse 5 this morning. But, I think Ill send you a virtual cup! LOL

Sara, getting to know the affects of area spells at a spawn is a very good idea. That, Im still trying to learn myself. Im sure experience will be the best teacher, but knowing ahead of time what may or may not happen is very important. If nothing else it will surely stifle a few freak outs! :D

E

Eyes of Origin

Ok meeting tonight at the Nujelm Theatre 6pm Pac time, 9pm Est. I'll answer all questions about area effects, etc and anything else anyone wants to know. If you cant make it, I'll do it again tomorrow night, same place, same time. I want to get an idea of who will do this, so I can start planning what each group would need to do.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sara, getting to know the affects of area spells at a spawn is a very good idea. That, Im still trying to learn myself. Im sure experience will be the best teacher, but knowing ahead of time what may or may not happen is very important. If nothing else it will surely stifle a few freak outs! :D
The first it happened to me, I kept getting the message that tofu twentyone was attacking me ... I couldn't even see tofu on my screen, so had to pause and think about it. He's a legendary necro/mage, and was casting wither over by the spawn.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey maybe we can get Dawn and that Bloody Dragon friend of hers to help out!

lol

:)

M

Maj

Wish I could be on for the fun. In most cases I would be part of a raidng crew (solo even) but when put together in such good spirits like you are doing I would like to have played a roll of a defender (meat sheild):p

When I was GM of Dynasty, we used to finish off many Harrowers even those we did not spawn ourselves ^^
With the right crew and template we would take one down in less than 15 minutes. But back then we didn't have the powerfull pets like they are now so I'm thinking they can be done a lot quicker now.

I have a stealther archer itcing to find victims tho...don't know if I can control his primal tendancies hehe.

Good luck and have fun, hope it goes well.

E

Eyes of Origin

Wish you could be on too Maj, as a raider or defender. This is probably going to be in the evening though and I know you dont log on till late :(
Successful or not, maybe we'll get the chance to do another one that maybe you can be a part of.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a stealther archer itcing to find victims tho...don't know if I can control his primal tendancies hehe.

Good luck and have fun, hope it goes well.

That is only allowed if you wear the cloak of silence I gave you...when you kill me!
lol
I have a stealth mage...we can play "hide and go die" together!

:thumbsup:

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
rembers bth public harrowers, and fl's :)

though game much different it might be fun on my thief!!!

That is only allowed if you wear the cloak of silence I gave you...when you kill me!
lol

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be up for it. It's been some time since I've done champ spawns in fel (read about 3 years or so), so would be fun to relive some of the fun and nightmares too.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harrower 101

For those of you who have never been at a Harrower, you can read up a bit on it on Stratics .. Harrower Link

Sweet Dreams will have the following done before we head to the Harrower:

Once a Champion is killed in Felucca a dark moongate will appear. This moongate will take you to a room, know as the Star Room, in Terathan Keep.
In the Star Room you can find six altars, one for each Champion. On these altars you can place the skull of the Champion you killed.
The Champion Skulls
  • Barracoon - Skull of Greed (blue)
  • Rikktor - Skull of Power (orange)
  • Mephitis - Skull of Venom (green)
  • Semidar - Skull of Pain (yellow)
  • Neira - Skull of Death (red)
  • Lord Oaks - Skull of Enlightenment (white)
Once all six skulls are in place, The Harrower will spawn in a random Felucca dungeon and a dark moongate leading to the entrance of that dungeon will appear on the altar.

UOGuide Harrower Link

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL 146 views in about 12 hrs....I think there is a lot interested people!
lol

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont play Origin or anything, but my guild and myself ran a Public Harrower on LS. It was a lot of fun and a lot of the "trammies" had tons of fun just for the experience. Feel free to go to the post below && see how we set it up and how people got ready for it and some of their responses below/afterwards. Our LS reporter even got a video of a lot of it. Hope you guys do it and have fun, its definately worth while! =]

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=149050

Y

Yen Sid

I think that it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait for it. It will be a good experience for us "Blues" and those of us that haven't experienced it. (Me, in both examples lol).

E

Eyes of Origin

Bombastic, thanks for the link. lol Hope we have as much fun as you guys did :)

E

Eyes of Origin

Also, a reminder... anyone who has any questions please post them here, PM me, ICQ me or come to the Nujelm Theatre tonight 8pm Central.

E

Eyes of Origin

OK, I had another meeting tonight for the Shard Harrower... There are more than enough people interested in doing this so I am going to continue in the planning.
There will be one more meeting before we do the Harrower. I will place runes and books down announcing when it will be and I will also post here about it. If you are unable to make the last meeting, please PM me here or find me in game. My chars are Sweet Dreams, Promesse Sacree, Morgaine and Artraea Morrigan. The latter of the two are red, but you might be able to find me at the Yew gate, if all else fails.

Y

Yen Sid

My chars are Sweet Dreams, Promesse Sacree, Morgaine and Artraea Morrigan. The latter of the two are red, but you might be able to find me at the Yew gate, if all else fails.
:coco:Don't go to Yew, it's a trap! She will get you!

JK, not the Fair Morgaine of Origin ;)

On a more serious note, the more people we get the better. It would be great to get a definite 20 "Blues" for the cause. More is always better though. No matter what happens I think everyone will have a good time.
:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

M

Maj

lol

Sounds like a plan! I imagine that after getting the snot kicked out of my chars, (cuz if one template fails, gotta try others ^.^) I`ll come back on a *blue* and help finish kekeke.
I just want to PvP tho, so if no raiders I want to raid, but if raiders come I`d rather fight them ^.^

Chance for large scale PvP was always one appeal of doing spawns and Harrowers for me.
I miss those early years of Origin...could find a decent fight at almost any time of day.
*catches self straying off topic*

but yes, I look forward to seeing how it turns out...who will provide the oaks skull tho? Will participants be required to complete a lord Oaks spawn first? When Dynasty used to do Harrowers, we welcomed others who participated in completeing a lord oaks spawn and pretty much required that guild mates participated in completing a Oak spawn to be eligible for rolls on any 25 stat scrolls.

E

Eyes of Origin

As of right now I am putting up all the skulls for the event. Depending on how this goes, maybe some of the guilds and even single players can do Oaks in the future and provide the skulls for the next time.