[Discussion] a sash stained with blood

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2009
Denver CO
what are these sashs from? I didn't see any info about an event. Is it from turning in the proof of completed assigments?

UOaddict21

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 20, 2007
Yes everyone present who had at least 1 proof turned it in for a sash. Then the proofs were given back. I think 10 or 11 sashes were given out. (Atlantic)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
Yes, the item from is from the Proof of a Completed Assignment turn in. The listing says there were ten, but some people at the turn in were saying there were 11 handed out.

Also, after the first two people turned in ALL their proofs (10 for first place, 9 was next, I had 8), everyone else only turned in 1 proof for their sash, so there are a considerable amount of proofs still out there. (Between a friend and I, we still have 7.)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
Yes everyone present who had at least 1 proof turned it in for a sash. Then the proofs were given back. I think 10 or 11 sashes were given out. (Atlantic)
Proofs were only given back to the first two people who turned theirs in. EM Nestor gave them each 1 back because everyone else wouldn't turn in anymore than 1 proof and the first two turned in 10 and 9, respectively.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
Also, the sash may not have been intended to be the reward for the event. The "vending machine" was not turned on properly and Mesanna was unreachable so EM Nestor created the sashes on the spot and called it "Plan B".

So who knows what the vending machine would have given out.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
I will sell you one but I would need to consult on a price. There were originally 40-50 deeds and people at the turn in were guesstimating that there are around 20-25 left now. I don't deal in event items so I don't know what to ask :)

Edit: At the end of the turn in, there were two parties that had the bulk of the remaining proofs. There were 4 of us that had the bulk, with more than just 1 or 2 proofs. Two of the four turned in all of their deeds (19 deeds) and each received one back. The other person who had a bulk amount claimed to have 14 at the turn in, I believe. So if they turned in 1, which they did, that is 13+2+7 (Ones I have) = 22 known to be out there still. So accounting for a few stragglers, 25 count is probably accurate.

Long story short, unless anyone can verify otherwise, there are two parties that have the majority of the remaining proofs.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
According to Nestor via email, the sashes were the intended reward on the item dispenser, however I still think that the Shadowy Figure had a much more epic rewards in mind.

I was just told that level-based rewards are being looked in to for the people that turned in 1 or more proofs on friday.
That is good to know. I would have turned in all of the ones my friend and I acquired if there were tiered rewards, but several people before me in line only turned in 1 (I was picked last specifically because the character is a thief, I think.. :p), so it sort of felt silly to give up 8 deeds for the same thing the people who were turning in 1 were getting.

On top of that I felt bad for the two who turned in 10 and 9 deeds before they knew the reward was the same item (Although Mager's dedication is already up in the EM Reward Hall.)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I didn't want to say anything until now but I was the one who turned in 9. Like I stated before, when that happend, I rememberd one of those Looney Toon series where Daffy Duck's head turned into an Donkey when he found out Bugs Bunny pulled a fast one on him. That's exactly how I felt when he took my nine and gave me a sash, then offered the sashes to anyone else who could just turn in 1 lol. The other guy of course, got his name on a plaque in the reward hall. But I am pretty sure if he knew that was the result, I doubt he would have turned in 10. What Nestor failed to realized was that unlike a single event where you compete for a hour or so then get a name on a plaque is very different than a 2-3 months long series that lasted the whole summer. I had changed many of my plans to attend these events as much as I could over the summer months and I am sure others have too as well so some of us felt kinda short-changed when this happend.

But if they are looking at level based rewards then I am very pleased to hear as I spent the summer not only participating in the events but also buying them whenever I can because that was what was promised to us at the beginning of all this.

Now some ideas for the level based rewards:
1. Footware with a cool name
2. Robes with a cool name
3. Statues with cool name

:)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 10, 2010
Outlands
Now some ideas for the level based rewards:
1. Footware with a cool name
2. Robes with a cool name
3. Statues with cool name

:)
Insignia rings. And/or maybe a customized title. If possible maybe a customized paperdoll title such as: "The Shadowy YourNameHear".