• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A request for those that will attempt to run an auction....

• Thread starter Victoria Navarre
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

Victoria Navarre

Please,please,please don't attempt to do it alone.The best auctions are worked with three to four people running the show. Just too many things can go wrong.You need one experenced auctioneer and 2-3 more tending to the goods being sold. Also you need a vendor to sell a voucher(usually a bandage or a silver coin) for the auction item won. This will keep greedy vulture type bidders from "stealing" what others have won or,from what I saw tonite,someone buying 200 lucky coins for 4 gp. This was caused because the auctoneer tried to price the item correctly but instead the 'price' fell into the items "sellers description".

I really felt bad for this player and was wanting to help....but on the other hand I was wanting to chase down the guy that grabbed the lucky coins for 4 gp and choke him..... *sighs*....anyway,for those that would like to offer an auction for the player base,but you do not have the people to work it. I volunteer to help. I can tend the items and sales all the way up to offering a place to actually run the auction.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry to hear of that.
My auction is by far not the best, but we manage it safe and effectively with just two of us. If anyone would like any tips or ideas you are more then welcome to PM me. My auction should be coming back around late next month if anyone who hasn't yet, wants to attend to see how it can be ran with just two people.

Sorry again for the misfortune.. Its always a discouragement when things like that happen.

V

Victoria Navarre

I look forward to seeing your auction posted here. I am sure that,if I am off the nite of the auction,I'll be there.

V

Victoria Navarre

Victoria, was the auction in question Gwen's? I haven't been around much recently, but I did catch that it was happening this weekend.
I didn't want to say the players name that was running the auction,but yes it was.She's in a guild,why wern't they helping her?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see monthly auctions start up here on Catskills. Though I am unexperienced, I am willing to learn. I would definitely offer my time to help out if anyone needs it.

V

Victoria Navarre

I could host an auction and have my roof set up to do this for anyone that would like to work it.

C

CatLord

Make sure you have somekind of damage prevention plan...

You never know...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be some folks who ran a fantastic auction house way out in Luna. This was some years back, anyone recall it?

C

CatLord

Gwen still needs help improving security, other than that Lykor fixed everything.

The man.

V

Victoria Navarre

Gwen still needs help improving security, other than that Lykor fixed everything.

The man.
I am so glad everything is alright now.Gwen if you are reading this,please know that people here in Cats would be more than happy to help you with future auctions. From security pointers,to helping you run the auction itself.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be some folks who ran a fantastic auction house way out in Luna. This was some years back, anyone recall it?
I think you are either thinking of the auction that "injun joes bro, and repoman" put on, or the UOA auctions that "Cherokee Pendragon, and Diamond" put on.

I worked with both at one point or another. Joes bro is my father irl and repo is a good friend of ours irl. I was also in UOA for quite a while with diamond and Cherokee until they moved to Baja and ultimately quit uo. With that said, I would be more than happy to assist in any auction house that someone set up. Or if I can sell my unused fel keep, I would gladly put up a nice tram/malas auction house of my own. It seems that cats is going thru a rebuilding stage, and a good bi-weekly auction could help the shard as a whole. I would even venture as far as holding prize give aways and trivia questions and such just to hold peoples interest.

If I get a good reply to my offer, I will start planning asap.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think you are either thinking of the auction that "injun joes bro, and repoman" put on, or the UOA auctions that "Cherokee Pendragon, and Diamond" put on.

I worked with both at one point or another. Joes bro is my father irl and repo is a good friend of ours irl. I was also in UOA for quite a while with diamond and Cherokee until they moved to Baja and ultimately quit uo. With that said, I would be more than happy to assist in any auction house that someone set up. Or if I can sell my unused fel keep, I would gladly put up a nice tram/malas auction house of my own. It seems that cats is going thru a rebuilding stage, and a good bi-weekly auction could help the shard as a whole. I would even venture as far as holding prize give aways and trivia questions and such just to hold peoples interest.

If I get a good reply to my offer, I will start planning asap.
I really enjoyed the UOA auctions I went to almost every one of them!
Let me know if I can help :)