• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A request for an improvement to the UO Barding calculator.

D

DarkVoid

For skills that only require a single target or work on a single target - basically discord and peacemaking - I'd like to ask if the UO bard calculator could automatically show me the optimum creature for the skill level and music level that I input.

I'm training discord from under 50 atm and it's pretty hard to find anything related to what I should discord and at what skill level I should switch to some more difficult creature, so if the UO bard calculator could be updated to include showing optimum barding difficulty creatures for the skills I input to it, I would much appreciate it!

Most UO skills have a table with ranges of difficulty, why doesn't the UO bard calculator have this for at least discordance? It's a pretty tough skill to train no matter which way you start on it!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I realize we are in the instant gratification generation, but we CAN at least look at a list and pick what we need, no?

On the main bard form, on the top stickies, right below the 'Bard Calculator' is a sticky called 'Barding Difficulty'

In there are three different things.
The first is HOW the barfing difficulty is worked out.
The second is a list of all critters alphabetically with their barfing difficulty.
The third, and this is were you should be looking, is the same list but done by barring difficulty in decending order.

I know, I'm know..... Actually LOOKING at a list is hard work.

I just dont know hown much easier we really need to make things.

But, I will pass your request on to Petra.

(if your under 50 skill polar bears are where you should be training)

Oh hey, also, there is that training crystal ball thing that helps you with training, you might wanna look at getting one of those, they are cool, they tell u if what your training on is good for your level.

D

DarkVoid

I realize we are in the instant gratification generation, but we CAN at least look at a list and pick what we need, no?

On the main bard form, on the top stickies, right below the 'Bard Calculator' is a sticky called 'Barding Difficulty'

In there are three different things.
The first is HOW the barfing difficulty is worked out.
The second is a list of all critters alphabetically with their barfing difficulty.
The third, and this is were you should be looking, is the same list but done by barring difficulty in decending order.

I know, I'm know..... Actually LOOKING at a list is hard work.

I just dont know hown much easier we really need to make things.

But, I will pass your request on to Petra.

(if your under 50 skill polar bears are where you should be training)

Oh hey, also, there is that training crystal ball thing that helps you with training, you might wanna look at getting one of those, they are cool, they tell u if what your training on is good for your level.
I forgot to mention: If there is anyone out there who has already gone through bringing discordance from 0 to 50 by just going out and working on mobs in UO and has recorded their results, and is pretty sure it's been done recently in UO then I'm sure anyone who's been wanting to train a bard's discordance from scratch would appreciate hearing from them! ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just did it on siege.

I used the barding difficulty list posted on the sticky on the front page.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I forgot to mention: If there is anyone out there who has already gone through bringing discordance from 0 to 50 by just going out and working on mobs in UO and has recorded their results, and is pretty sure it's been done recently in UO then I'm sure anyone who's been wanting to train a bard's discordance from scratch would appreciate hearing from them! ;)
Here,
I'll save ya click.

Ratman 49.9
Orc 49.1
Skeletal Mount 49.1
Gore Fiend 48.8
Ogre 48.8
Vampire Bat 48.4
Swamp Tentacle 48
Grizzly Bear 47.4
Ettin 47.3
Shadow Wisp 46.4
Frost Spider 45.4
Ghoul 41.5
Polar Bear 38.9
Skeleton 38.9
Skittering Hopper 38.8
Corpser 37.8
Terathan Drone 36.9
Panther 36.5
Bull 35.8
Dolphin 35.6
Snow Leopard 34.3
Zombie 34.2
Cougar 33.3
Pack Horse 32.9
Slime 32.5
Desert Ostard 32.3
White Wolf 32.3
Alligator 32.2
Forest Ostard 31.6
Mongbat (Strong) 31.3
Gorilla 31.1
Black Bear 31
Snake 30.3
Grey Wolf 30.2
Brown Bear 29.6
Timber Wolf 29.4
Bullfrog 29.2
Ridgeback 29.1
Giant Toad 27.3
Great Hart 27.3
Horde Minion (Haven) 27.3
Horse 26.5
Lava Snake 26.5
Mountain Goat 26
Giant Rat 25.8
Pack Llama 24.2
Headless One 23.8
Shadow Fiend (Khaldun) 22.1
Eagle 22
Ice Snake 20.6
Restless Soul 19.8
Rideable Llama 18.9
Dog 18.7
Hind 18.2
Walrus 18.2
Llama 17
Frost Ooze 14.5
Mongbat (Weak) 9.9
Boar 7.5
Cow 6.6
Sheep 6.5
Cat 6
Rabbit 6
Rat 6
Jack Rabbit 5.9
Pig 5.9
Sewer Rat 5.5
Goat 5.4
Bird 4.6
Chicken 3.4

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Personally I did birds and dogs and horses in the forest from 0 to 25

Then went and did sheep in yew from 25 to 35

Then I went to ice island and walked around and discord polar bears from 35 to 50.

All said from 0 took me about a hour.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nice!

that actually works really good, then you can even click on a critter out of that list and it will show you where ya need to go find them.

also will show ya the resistances and such so you can tailor your spells and such to them.

well played Barry.