• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A quick question about Shard Shield travel or Character Transfers

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Have there been any big problems lately with either way of getting from one shard to another? I don't want to lose important items and gold that I may move to another shard either with a shield visit or a forever transfer. Thanks for any tips or warnings...

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are rumors that a pack animal may get left behind now and then. As a precaution, friend your packies to a character on another account so that if it does get left behind you can get the stuff in it's backpack before the packie goes wild and drops it on the ground.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you cant take packies with ya on shard shields.
ive done..... i dont even know how many shard shields jumps and ive never had a problem or lost an item.
ive probably done 50 normal transfers over they years and ive never had any problems either, i just make sure all the pack animals are recently commanded and away i go.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Barok and Poo. Great idea about friending packies to another account. At the moment I'm using a shard shield to move my crafter to my second shard to craft for their castle, then back home in a few days. First castle I've had in 17 years!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you have a castle on another shard and you dont have a mule on that shard?
sounds like its time to make another mule!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do tons of shard shield jumps and done my fair share of character transfer token jumps. I had a problem once and only once. my only complaint was how long it took to get a hold of someone to actually fix. The character disappeared for a bit and an email to Mesanna fixed the problem in time.

However ive never lost an item, had items turn "non-vendorable" or anything remotely gone wrong other than that one time.

Over all im pretty happy with the way shield tokens and character tokens work.