• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question on taste

Elander McTavish

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, i know i'm new here but i thought i should ask the forums before going ahead with a plan. Certain people, not just in this game but in every game, lend themselves to a certain rudeness that i have little patience for. I am a nice person but seeing people be rude for no reason to others is something i hate when a place like siege has such a delightful community. Is it in poor taste to pay assassins to take out hits on other players for excessive rudeness? or to take out hits in general? as a crafter i'm not capable myself, and i know i'm opening myself up to plenty of grief killing, which i welcome for my poor choices XD. i was just wondering how the community felt about such acts. any thoughts?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should probably get some thicker skin since in the real world there are people who aren't going to be nice, and they exist online too.

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's been a while since I saw someone take out a contract or put a bounty on another character. Why not give it a try?

While there are rudeniks in the real world, it would be legally problematic to have them killed there.

In UO, and maybe especially on Siege, killing someone can be the best way to make a new friend. But failing that, it sure is satisfying. ^^

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, i know i'm new here but i thought i should ask the forums before going ahead with a plan. Certain people, not just in this game but in every game, lend themselves to a certain rudeness that i have little patience for. I am a nice person but seeing people be rude for no reason to others is something i hate when a place like siege has such a delightful community. Is it in poor taste to pay assassins to take out hits on other players for excessive rudeness? or to take out hits in general? as a crafter i'm not capable myself, and i know i'm opening myself up to plenty of grief killing, which i welcome for my poor choices XD. i was just wondering how the community felt about such acts. any thoughts?
As a crafter myself, I would suggest just hanging on the periphery and go about crafting things and selling them. That theme has worked well for me for well over 10 years.

Jack Nickelson

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my suggestion would be to do two things, 1) learn how to defend yourself with the skills you have 2) make some friends to roll with that can help you defend yourself. i would hope that you have some amount of either magic or mysticism, so you can try to learn how to use that to either kill people or make it so difficult for them to kill you, that they give up.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my suggestion would be to do two things, 1) learn how to defend yourself with the skills you have 2) make some friends to roll with that can help you defend yourself. i would hope that you have some amount of either magic or mysticism, so you can try to learn how to use that to either kill people or make it so difficult for them to kill you, that they give up.
He's not talking about self defense, he's talking about getting other people to kill people for ~being mean~ in chat.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was assuming he meant being rude about killing him, smack talk and such. guess that's what i get f0r assuming things. Ass-U-Me

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is siege perilous, post a bounty against your enemies and develop a reputation. If you provide the gold then somebody will provide the gank and dryloot.

Elander McTavish

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im guessing aran is the genleman in question here as his avatar clearly displays his awesome gun collection (missing the new ar-15 he intends to buy). I can only imagine the ferocity within him as he motorcycles across the desert on his commute home (in his sweet black leathers) avoiding hit and run drivers while waving a shotgun at his enemies. So let it be known to the realm, as this is my first hit i am taking out lets do it with a bang (get it? gun joke). i am offering 100,000 gold for the for the first proof of killing and looting Bastion Windsong (screen capture would be a nice touch) and 25,000 for each following kill with a total maxing out at 200,000. at which point we will re assess and see how he feels at that point. thank you

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your best bet would be to place the hit quietly. Posting it in public forums usually gets the turd to kill himself with his alt or with his friends and than they collect your money. Next time you can always pm the Bo and for the right price Bo will kill anyone, anyway and take screenshots for your viewing pleasure. The Bo is no stranger to this kind of work

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*inhales exhales* Time to give ya a Zenish pep talk, via she whom had studied human psychology in rl as her master in college.

We can not control how others act nor react. :) Nay there are those whom get their thrill pushing other peoples' buttons and if you let them control your buttons ...they win ! Folks think they possess the illusion of control on how others behave or act or react. Sometimes we can change others but most of the times the surest thing we can control, and do control, is our own reaction to JERKS ! :)

:) find ur inner peace grasshopper and kick some arse ur way , do not let some dork push your buttons, just cuz they know now or think they know now how to push ye buttons !

:)
And if all else fails........... show ur temper ur fire and...LET EM BURN BABY it is Siege !!

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your best bet would be to place the hit quietly. Posting it in public forums usually gets the turd to kill himself with his alt or with his friends and than they collect your money. Next time you can always pm the Bo and for the right price Bo will kill anyone, anyway and take screenshots for your viewing pleasure. The Bo is no stranger to this kind of work
*quietly PM's The Bo*