• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Public Service Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been stated on these forums far too many times that the way to handle or deal with the actions of some is to Mind Your Own Business. I find this statement to be contrary to the ideals of creating and building a stronger community on Catskills.

When we, as citizens of Sosaria adapt the idea that we should be allowed to say anything, or take any actions in spite of the effect it can have on the community at large, we are setting ourselves up as above the rest, and deserving of special note.

The phrase "Mind your own business" is nothing new of course. It has been uttered b children on playgrounds and in all places where those acting for their own good and profit hold court.

Catskills is my business. As it is the business of all of us who play and live within this virtual world. And coping an attitude of "I can do what I want and if you do not support it you must hate me" cheapens any past efforts made to forge any true alliance.

If we truly wish to make the community stronger. If working together to build something strong and enduring. Something worthy of note across the shards. Then we must realize that any actions taken by the one to the detriment of another hurts us all.

I am Aedon Durreah
And I approve of this message

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It has been stated on these forums far too many times that the way to handle or deal with the actions of some is to Mind Your Own Business. I find this statement to be contrary to the ideals of creating and building a stronger community on Catskills.

When we, as citizens of Sosaria adapt the idea that we should be allowed to say anything, or take any actions in spite of the effect it can have on the community at large, we are setting ourselves up as above the rest, and deserving of special note.

The phrase "Mind your own business" is nothing new of course. It has been uttered b children on playgrounds and in all places where those acting for their own good and profit hold court.

Catskills is my business. As it is the business of all of us who play and live within this virtual world. And coping an attitude of "I can do what I want and if you do not support it you must hate me" cheapens any past efforts made to forge any true alliance.

If we truly wish to make the community stronger. If working together to build something strong and enduring. Something worthy of note across the shards. Then we must realize that any actions taken by the one to the detriment of another hurts us all.

I am Aedon Durreah
:thumbup1:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I am Aedon Durreah
:thumbup1: x2

C

CatLord

I am Aedon Durreah

x3 :thumbup1:

C

CatLord

weird, can someone please delete one of those messages, my computer crashed in the middle of cheering...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am Aedon Durreah

Aedon for Prime Minister of Sosaria, imo! Heyyyy if the UK can have both a Queen and PM, why not Sosaria? ;)

C

CatLord

Oh I never stop moving...

Reminds me that old movie...

"we dont stop for anyone"

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am Aedon Durreah
As a player who has worked long and hard to improve this shard and make it a better place for ALL players. I also approve this message and the ideas and thoughts behind it.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am confused.

So Pitr just got a new castle, did he purchase the account that holds these buildings? Is that the deal? I just don't understand why couldn't he have just had a chat with his neighbors about his ideas for the castle and work with them? I mean look we all have to live together here, think about it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a public service, let me remind the forum it's not good business to make clear reference to previous disputes, even under the guise of a public service announcement. Let's be honest, shall we. :) Without that connotation behind it, I would have no trouble endorsing Aedon's message.

It would be a greater public service to leave behind the passive aggressive messages and, if we can't cooperate, just have our own independent fun and leave each other alone. That also is good community.
There was nothing passive/aggressive in the message my dear. Just an honest statement for the masses. Too much is being made of little intent here.

There is no secret in the fact that I support the preservation of the history of this shard. I have fought for and worked hard to try to keep some measure of what was built long ago alive. It has been said to me many times that the past is best left forgotten, and new paths should be forged. But I do not see why we cannot preserve our heritage, while moving towards our future.

If caring what happens to the towns built on this shard is a bad thing. if having a healthy respect for the work and sacrifices of others makes me seem in the eyes of some to be passive/aggressive. I simply do not care. Because in the long run, any taunts, slurs or innuendos I must endure to help keep the Catskills I recall alive will be well worth it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If caring what happens to the towns built on this shard is a bad thing. if having a healthy respect for the work and sacrifices of others makes me seem in the eyes of some to be passive/aggressive. I simply do not care. Because in the long run, any taunts, slurs or innuendos I must endure to help keep the Catskills I recall alive will be well worth it.
:heart:

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me tell all of you a little story about UO before the lands split in two. You see way back then I was part of a large guild and we had our own player city south of the Justice shrine. We has close to 15 building over a area we controlled and claimed as ours. Well low and behold someone not of our guild placed a house right smack in the middle of our territory. Some of my guild mates were angered by this and wanted the guild to harass this stranger till he moved away or one of us stole his key and home. Calmer heads wanted to talk to him and try and buy his place out or ask him to join our guild.

The calmer heads won out and a small group of us went to meet our new neighbor. He had no desire to sell his place and he already had a guild of his own so he wasn't interested in joining ours. So we returned to our guild with the news and once again some players started plotting against him. Me I took the time to get to know him and found him to be a pretty good guy. I became a friend of his over time and even got invited to his house in another state for a UO players weekend party. (I didn't make the party but those that did had a great time.)

This player not only turned out to be a good neighbor but also helped us defend our territory from attackers and became one of the best PvPers on the shard. He shared his knowledge of PvP with our guild and helped make us stronger.

So boys and girls the moral of this story is just be a good neighbor and give people a chance. It could end up benefiting both of you.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me tell all of you a little story about UO before the lands split in two. You see way back then I was part of a large guild and we had our own player city south of the Justice shrine. We has close to 15 building over a area we controlled and claimed as ours. Well low and behold someone not of our guild placed a house right smack in the middle of our territory. Some of my guild mates were angered by this and wanted the guild to harass this stranger till he moved away or one of us stole his key and home. Calmer heads wanted to talk to him and try and buy his place out or ask him to join our guild.

The calmer heads won out and a small group of us went to meet our new neighbor. He had no desire to sell his place and he already had a guild of his own so he wasn't interested in joining ours. So we returned to our guild with the news and once again some players started plotting against him. Me I took the time to get to know him and found him to be a pretty good guy. I became a friend of his over time and even got invited to his house in another state for a UO players weekend party. (I didn't make the party but those that did had a great time.)

This player not only turned out to be a good neighbor but also helped us defend our territory from attackers and became one of the best PvPers on the shard. He shared his knowledge of PvP with our guild and helped make us stronger.

So boys and girls the moral of this story is just be a good neighbor and give people a chance. It could end up benefiting both of you.
That could be true except in this case we all know the new neighbor does not have good intentions

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can not speak for everyone in GRI but I believe their intentions in Olympus are honorable and I also believe PGoH has been very welcoming.

I remember back to when I decided to move my RP guild to Trammel and Aedon himself found me a spot in Yew. I believe there are sparks of that same community spirit in this endeavor as well.

It is like when someone or a group of someones moves to a new town, IRL. The existing inhabitants are leery as there are unknowns but they show a warm welcome to put in the best possible chance of a successful transition.

I do not believe anyone in GRI wants to destroy Olympus or PGoH. I also do not believe PGoH is interested in showing prejudice against new neighbors. In fact it seems a lot of the negativism is being brought out by players in neither group.

Let me say this though, I will personally thwart any attempt made to destroy PGoH or Olympus, at least from those in GRI. I see no reason for GRI to create a town within a town and I do not believe that is anyone's intention.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can not speak for everyone in GRI but I believe their intentions in Olympus are honorable and I also believe PGoH has been very welcoming.

I remember back to when I decided to move my RP guild to Trammel and Aedon himself found me a spot in Yew. I believe there are sparks of that same community spirit in this endeavor as well.

It is like when someone or a group of someones moves to a new town, IRL. The existing inhabitants are leery as there are unknowns but they show a warm welcome to put in the best possible chance of a successful transition.

I do not believe anyone in GRI wants to destroy Olympus or PGoH. I also do not believe PGoH is interested in showing prejudice against new neighbors. In fact it seems a lot of the negativism is being brought out by players in neither group.

Let me say this though, I will personally thwart any attempt made to destroy PGoH or Olympus, at least from those in GRI. I see no reason for GRI to create a town within a town and I do not believe that is anyone's intention.
Podo, friend, because you don't pay attention to the politics you really don't see (or maybe refuse to see) what really went on up until the day Pitr got access to Highmoon's accounts. I assure you it's not as innocent as you've been made to think it is. The true intention has been made obvious to the "locals", and no amount of posturing here by two people is going to change that.

Zuckuss was honored because of intergrity with a castle that he has proudly let GRI use as it's headquarters. It's in an excelllent location with sister housing all around it. Ask yourself why this sudden change is being insisted upon by Pitr... if you care.... but please don't defend unless you know what is really going on. Please.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Podo, there is no negativism going on here, but a genuine concern for the hard work of others. To put this in perspective for you I will let you in on this.

A year ago, I had a member who joined Aegis after leaving PGOH. This person held a large plot in the heart of Olympus. For some reason this player decided it would be fine to not only keep the plot, but to make of it an atrocity within Olympus.

I could not allow a member of my guild to be so petty, and explained this to the person in no uncertain terms. The plot was released soon after.

Olympus, Aegis, Istas, Silverwood, Freehold of Roses, we have all had those not of our guilds living within our towns. Most who move in have bee very respectful of the towns histories, and their design. Some have even copied homes close by so as not to disturb the look of the area.

Olympus, as the largest still standing player town should be held in high regard by us all. This is not something which sprung up out of the ground when someones generosity lent housing to another. It is the culmination of a dream which began years ago in the old lands, and came to settle in Trammel at the beginning of the facet. No one of us should seek to change the nature and make up of this area.

The person holding these buildings has every right to keep them. But they should look clearly at the steps they take while professing to only wish to be good neighbors. They should rethink the load that some of the plans they have will bring to the area. And they should defiantly not design anything which puts forth a purposeful disruption to the grace of this town.

You can call me unfair for my views. Figure that I am out to in someway dictate the play of others. But in reality I am only asking that we give the respect to others that we demand for ourselves and our ideals. You cannot have a sense of community, if you are giving the impression of tearing it down.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podo, A year ago, I had a member who joined Aegis after leaving PGOH. This person held a large plot in the heart of Olympus. For some reason this player decided it would be fine to not only keep the plot, but to make of it an atrocity within Olympus.

I could not allow a member of my guild to be so petty, and explained this to the person in no uncertain terms. The plot was released soon after.

Ha I was accused of this by the new owner of the Mall of Brit, he sent message to a pgoh member saying it was me... *guess he did not realize I would and never do anything to pgoh* It was my first guild in game long long ago...Hopefully someday you will see the truth Podo until then

Strength and Honor

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your information is incorrect. The castle which Zuckuss generously shares with GRI/the Circle Alliance is located on the edge of northeast Vesper. As for "sister housing," there isn't any. A castle housing a private rares museum stands directly south. Otherwise there are no buildings in the area nor is there any land nearby where housing can be placed.

The Circle Alliance/GRI has not had an interest in creating a player township. New Haven is our RP home. Furthermore, our members have beloved houses spread far and wide over the lands of Sosaria, houses which they will not be giving in favor of any centralized living arrangement.

As for the rest, let me quote Podolak who has written,

"In fact it seems a lot of the negativism is being brought out by players in neither group."
You can quote until you are blue in the face my dear, but that will not make it so.If you truly believe that all that is being spoken by all is simply negativism directed at your guild then perhaps rather then point it out, you may wish to ask yourself why.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So any words, yet so simple.

There is no problem here.

1. PGoH is able to contact Pitr with its concerns about load.

2. PGoH is able to contact Pitr, Podolak and myself about housing design issues.

Should I use fewer words?

C

CatLord

This reminds me Aedon last battlecry when Aegis got involved in the story line...

"get out of my lawn?"

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better but use even fewer.

Any person alive who sits silent in the face of injustice is a lesser soul. And when words can take the place of violent actions, it is prudent to use as many as need be to try to get the point across.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I shall not be silenced or censored when matters demand intervention.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time will tell La Belle.

And so you do not get or jump to the wrong conclusions. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of PGOH, members of Aegis, or any other free thinking individual on this shard.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hey again,
yeah life is funny sometimes,I totally agree,and nothing would make me happier to see that GRI is getting the houses... It would be awesome to know you keep everything and add 9 properties to the Gri list.
Highmoon"

now SFU.
Translation for the literate among us

Ahem:

Neener neener neener.

I do not doubt her pleasure at you being able to but the homes. and any of us are always pleased when another guild is able to build on what they have started. I just do not think her words spoke to the current situation.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish someone would buy my account for $3000.00 :(

(not really, not trying to sell it either.. just saying.. man that would be nice!)

Oh look! There's Brad Pit over there!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quoting a person's ICQ message in full is frowned upon laddie. As far as getting off your back goes, I think if you look closely the only thing on your back is your own little monkey.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Peeks in*
What do we have here?
Oh, just pointless bickering about pixel real estate? Yeah. We're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.