• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Public Apology to Kero

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kraftsmann

Greetings Atlantic...

I wish to publicly apologize to Kero for a situation that arose at the Mystic Garden Mall...

Earlier this evening I purchased 2 sets of bulk Runebook libraries (Trammel Cities and Trammel Resources) and 3 single runebooks from her vendors (w/ my alt Mesmerelda) to place in my house for my convenience...currently I have a craftsmule w/ 115.3/120 tailoring, and growing tired of cattle farming in Delucia, I used a resource runebook in her library to begin marking runes to tanner shops in Trammel for the convenience of placing on my craftmule (the runes to these locs are in the runebook library i purchased)...at some point in my gateing back and froth, Kero tried to engage me in conversation about what I was doing....I missed her messages as I was distracted by the TV...and when I saw said messages...I gated back to MGM to reply...at which time she banned me from the Mall and Rune Library...and in my efforts to talk to her and explain myself...i think i made the situation worse...

So...I would like to apologize to Kero and hope she understands that I was not trying to rip her off or cheapen the immense amount of time and effort she put into the creation of MGM Library...

I am not asking to be unbanned or for forgiveness...I am just trying to clarify what happened and hope she'll accept my apology...thank you for your time

Mesmerelda

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like the owner was a jerk... you dont have to respond to anyone in this game but gms. In my experiences with trammel, its best never to speak to folks in the trammel ruleset as is. My advice, use the library of a less rude owner.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omnius,

If you walk into my house and I address you, you had better respond. If not, I will guess that you are a scripter and not there to respond, at which point, you are not welcome to use my marked runes or home for anything. Now, while you may not like it, it doesn't make the owner rude.

To the OP, nice apology, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding.

E

Escobar_TDT

sounds like the owner was a jerk... you dont have to respond to anyone in this game but gms. In my experiences with trammel, its best never to speak to folks in the trammel ruleset as is. My advice, use the library of a less rude owner.
People were more respectful when there was no tram.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw the apology and addressed him in PM.

Omnius, If I find you or anyone in my house, copying runes.. Not responding in any way or responding very rude. You'd be banned too.

You have the right to bann people from your house, so do I.

Just because someone does something with their house and opens it to the public doesnt take their right to remove people they feel are being rude towards them or their house away.

I had someone in my house that I tried to speak with multiple times that was copying my runes with me standing there. They really only tried to communicate to me what they were doing after I banned them.

Simple solution, If you want to copy my runes - I'm not on on most weekends, do it then or just ask me and put a book up saying you took some of our books. Either one will work.

N

Nh'bdy

qft.

Rune Library drama should be handled in private. New players doing recon on our game could see that public niceties are potential trouble spots [no offense to participants]. Cthulhu knows if they look into U-Hall they'll think every system is broken, scripted rule the market, and we're all a bunch of bickering sarcastic-

Wait, huh..suck about the rune library and stuff.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rune libraries that are made for public purposes are there to be public. if the owners really have a problem with people copying their rune locations and using the library to their full extent, they should probably own a private library or a guild library.

I don't allow folks to use my library unless personally invited. I don't flip out if those folks I invite use the location alot and ignore me. I never freaked out when i used to own a public library on pacific and people ignored me. It's a library, its not a place of conversation its a place of quickly getting what you need and leaving.

They ceased to be your runes when you made them public, why should you care if other people have them? It's not as though hundreds of other runes to the same places don't already exist. You are right though, it's your house and you may ban who you choose. Just don't expect to be viewed as some righteous anti-scripter for being a rude library owner.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ability to exact justice as you saw fit in the world and the knowledge that others could to had a strange way of keeping truly deviant behavior in check. Rudeness is far worse than murder in UO.

K

Kraftsmann

Greetings...

I have been able to talk to Kero and the misunderstanding is resolved and my honor..though smudged is somewhat redeemed I hope...

Be Well All...

Mesmerelda

M

Mirage

Absolutely true ! Also true... there would be no UO today if there was no Trammel. Wicked..

M

Mirage

No, the owner is not a jerk. She likes hockey, but even that don't make her a jerk.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mean any personal offense but I advise using a rival rune library and urge you to continue avoiding interaction in trammel. I wish I could have an ignore in trammel from all players but guildmates as I feel it is one of those big missing functions in UO.

T

Tazar

As a member of the Rune alliance, I have to say that this type of attitude towards the owner will get you banned from pretty much ANY rune library... unless you paid a huge bribe in gold to a certain place in Luna.

And by the way... you do have the option of "ignoring" everyone in trammel except guild-mates... All you have to do is stay away from the blue gates... Problem solved.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is UO son, the only good rune libraries are those that have been for private groups for a long time. And nobody would ever pay to use someone elses rune library when it takes under a day to assemble a sizable library themself.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely true ! Also true... there would be no UO today if there was no Trammel. Wicked..
Quite untrue as there is ample evidence if you use google that would be contrary to your statement.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I know Lady Kero in game, and she is one of the nicest people to grace the Atlantic Shard with her presence.

If you don't want to use her runes, don't. But this smearing of her name is 100% and completely wrong.

Can we get a lock on this thread??

T

Tazar

I agree Morgana. The Thread has served it's purpose.

*Installs Padlock*

Status
Not open for further replies.