• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Prediction re: the current URL situation

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site."
In the guild gump there is a field in which to enter the url of your guild website or guild forums. This then appears in your guild listing on UO.com. Many, if not most, guild websites and guild forums have banner ads.

I give it a week until we see reports of people getting suspended and banned because griefers are searching the UO.com guild listings for guilds with links to sites with banner ads and paging on the guildmasters.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i can say this: If anything good comes from this mess it will be a change to the rules. All those griefers who think they are hurting players by reporting URLs will only cause them to either blindly follow this rule and drive the few last good players out or force them to make changes to the rule which will be good for everyone.

I really wish they would stop catering to people who are destroying this community.