• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*A note pinned up on notice boards across the lands

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly please let me recap on recent events in Sosaria, for those that have not been available or have missed parts of it.

We have been following the trail of Mericle’s you might remember him from the Royal Ball when he appeared and took his daughter Hannah away to the Ancient Citadel in Ishena and we had to rescue her. Mericle’s is trying to gain immortality as an Undead and is thus of concern to all.
We recently returned to the Ancient Citadel and found a Diary written by Mericle’s saying that he had succeeded in making a gate into the Void and had sent Hannah’s love Dorian through it. The diary mentioned as well that he was using libraries to leave reminders for himself as his memory had started to fail him. We also found a note of jumbles letters that lead us to Terort Skitas where we found 4 more notes that in turn lead us to find and collect 4 strange crystals that are part of a communication device, that the evil mage Mericle’s had constructed and then separated. I sadly do not have the diary Mericle’s left in the Ancient Citadel and cannot share it with you, but below are the notes we found along with the location of the crystals. I am making these details known as we are trying to understand Mericle’s, as Callum said “details are important” and may aid us in the future.

Note 1
Ahead of the machines
Cellar full of books
This lead us to the first crystal in the bottom room of the southern annex of Blackthorns Castle in Ishena where we collected our first crystal.

Note 2
Bones, white skin
Circle, red blood.
We found the second crystal in the Savage camp Ishena

Note 3
Core ahead, heat all around
Dwelling in a pill of rocks
Our third crystal was on a pile of rocks by the elemental huts near Exodus Ishena.

Note 4
White
Wings at the mount
W
We found and collected the 4th and last crystal in the Gargoyle City Ishena.

We were unable to remove the crystals and it was only Hannah using a spell her father had taught her that could. Once collected Hannah put the sections of the crystals together but the only reaction we got was a slight tingling that Hannah felt.
We once again meet and travelled to Gargoyle City in Ishena to search for more information on the crystals. Thankfully Mericle’s had left a manual hidden there.

A Manual

How to charge the communicator:

Each of the crystals must be charged at the Power Generators located at the Power Core.

The energy stored in the Crystals must then be purified at the Raw Energy Generator in the basement.

Once this process is complete the re-assembled device can be used to communicate past the borders of dimension.

With this information we travelled to Exodus and Hannah placed each of the 4 crystals in each of the power sources outside of the dungeon. The crystals however needed to be left to recharge and we needed to return the next day.
When we returned Hannah once again gathered the crystals and we entered the dungeon to purify them. Hannah placed these on the generator to the north and they started to glow in harmony with each other, once they were in complete harmony she collected them and we retreated to an island for safety to use the communication device.
Once on the island Hannah put the 4 sections together and started to sparkle whilst saying how she tingled all over. She very soon after started to talk to Dorian and we listened carefully. This is the conversation from what I can remember:

Hanna: It is opening
Hanna: Travelling!
Hanna: I fell a connection
Hanna: It is getting stronger
Hanna: Dorian?
Hanna: Dorian are you there?
*yes I am here is that you Hannah?*
Hanna: Dorian!
Hanna: Are you ok?
*I am in a place so fantastic that it is hard to describe*
*I am alive if that’s what you mean. But what is life worth in a place such as this?*
Hanna: Oh my dearest Dorian
Hanna: Where is this place?
Hanna: *looks as if she is in a trance*
Hanna: Dorian? Dorian are you still there?
*From what I can see and what I have looked upon in the eons I have been here*
*I have learnt many things and read many books and spoken to many beings*
*I think you would call it the Void. In Sosarian terms it is*
*a place where evolution is taken at a frantic pace creatures evolve time and time again*
Hanna: Oh my Dorian
Hanna: That sounds awful
Hanna: Is there a way out?
*a way out? There are various gates but they only lead to more black spaces and more darkness*
*At least here there is light, although dim*
*I landed here alone cold and shivering with fear as if I fell from a great height*
*Mericle’s did this to keep us part my love*
Hanna: I know Dorian my love
Hanna: It is a terrible thing he has done
*You must find a way to build a gate here. It must be possible but make sure you are ready for w*
*What spews out once you do*
*unless you can seal it or make it one-way only*
Hanna: We will try Dorian
*Seek out the libraries across the lands for clues to building this machine*
*There are some places that HE has hinted at that HE looks to use to enter your lands*
*And he makes Mericle’s look like but a child in a toy-shop*
*He is so vast in power and knowledge that…*
*they are coming”*
Hanna: Dorian?
Hanna: Who is coming?
Hanna: Who is He?
With that Dorian was gone and Hannah was left very fatigued by the ordeal. We will be returning this evening at 8pm to the Council hall, Britain (next to Blackthorns castle) to search for any clues left in libraries, and request anyone able to help to join us.

Amongst many concerns I have is that Nathan Hawk keeps disappearing, which leaves us to work together without him.
Also in one of the notes left by Mericle’s leading to Gargoyle City the clues last line was “W”, Which does not make sense. But looking at something Dorian says “You must find a way to build a gate here. It must be possible but make sure you are ready for w”, this leads me to believe Mericle’s and this W know each other, also are Mericle’s blue demon savants he has been provided by this W.
The last thing I will say is Mericle’s is seeking immortality as an undead and Dorian says he has been in that place foe eons, how old is he and perhaps Hannah?
I am not sure we are doing the right thing in rescuing him but, I do know by the Virtues I have to try in case.

Lady Flame

[Out Of Character: This is purely a RP event held by the EMs which is mostly talking and venturing in Ishena. We are being given clues and using our knowledge of UO along with Roleplaying a story line. If you have ever wanted to see RP in action or be a part of a unique Europa history, then I hope the above will help you catch up. For those that have already been involved I hope it will aid you further in remembering things and filling in any blanks. I accept there will be things I’ve missed and hope someone will fill in the gaps.]

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting this Lady Flame! I´ve been playing RL for the last weeks and am quite out of the loop. However, I think I´ll manage some online time tonight and it´s good to know that it´s not too late to join in on this event.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*an extra piece of paper is added to the note*

The Diary of Mericles has been passed to me and reads:
Mericles Diary
By Mericles

Well after many years of trying I have finally found the proverbial key to the door. Having studied the ways that others have used in the past I am now able to send people through the void and can speak to those on the other side.

I have been fortunate enough to find a most powerful ally on the other side and with his/her/its help I hope that one day I can bring such vengeance down upon the people of this version of Sosaria as has been wrought upon those far off places.

In order to commune with this thing I have found I have constructed a crystal communications device of some power. It needs plenty of power before it can be used and only then in an emergency.

I must make sure I am powerful enough to resist its attacks should it come here and wish to do me harm.

It was obvious that I should choose as my first experiment to send Dorian to the other side and see if he still does live. And of course he is still alive but in a place where life may be much worse than un-life. I suspect he still now suffers more from being split from my daughter his beloved Hannah.

One of the strange side-effects of this crystal and indeed my search for ever-lasting life is that my short-term memory would appear to be failing. I seem unable to hold onto some of my most recent thoughts and to that end I have had to make many notes for myself.

I fear that Hannah will not be following in my dread footsteps and that she walks upon a different path. I only hope that her path does not lead us into direct conflict for I would not wish to send her to that most unholy place.

One of the strange side-effects of this crystal and indeed my search for ever-lasting life is that my short-term memory would appear to be failing. To this end I have split the communications device into four separate pieces and have hidden them across the lands known as Ishena I will leave my reminder notes elsewhere lest someone unwittingly stumbles across them. I should know where they are as I use one library here in particular all the time.
The places that have been searched across the lands for clues to building the machine so far are:

Gargoyl City
Jordan Jurrels
Umbra
Nu'jelm
Haven
Empath Abbey
Trinsic
Luna
Zento
Lyceum
Terot Skitas
Ankh Dungeon in Ilshenar
Serpentine Passage/Library
Cylops Dungeon/Pyramid area
Mistas
Sorceror Dungeon
Exodus dungeon
Reg Nax, Reg Volum
Ilsh's Tomb
Whisp Dungeon
Rock Dungeon
Both Desert Gypsy Outposts

please add your searches to the list when complete

Lady Flame

C

cheerful

To add to the first note, when Dorian had to leave in a hurry he mentioned going back to the caves, at first i assumed it was because he was hiding but if he has been there for 'eons' as he claims then how has he not been caught after all that time and how has he managed to 'read many books and spoken to many beings' unless he shares these hiding places with other refuguees or is in servitude to the masters of that realm and has some limited freedom.
Whatever, the fact that he has knowledge of the realm is relevant to the next point.

To build the device or not:
As was voiced at the meeting tonight (Lady Flame I believe, apologies if I'm wrong) I too believe that a war is on it's way and the fact that Dorian speaks of 'HIM' looking at places to enter our world suggests that it will be sooner rather than later and so we need to be prepared.
Opening a gateway ourselves may indeed speed this process up, however, the benefits of doing so could allow for a first strike (for those warmongers amoungst us) or more sensibly to rescue Dorian and use the infomation he has to our advantage.

It was a shame Hannah did'nt come to the meting tonight, I hope she is not suffering an illness, like um, short term memory loss for example as she may 'forget' where she left the crystals, maybe we should.....watch out for her.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think I edited the 'searched locations' book at the same time as someone else so mine didn't show up, anyway - Ankh Dungeon in Ilshenar is a CUK-certified clue-free zone!

S

Seasseragh

You can add

-Serpentine Passage/Library
-Cylops Dungeon/Pyramid area
-Mistas
-Sorceror Dungeon

All clue free

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[ooc - thanks to Lady Flame for last nights meeting I am enjoying what little of this I can get into and reading up the clues and stuff. Again thanks Flame and others! We did discuss a lot about this last night in character which was pretty interesting and lots of potential here. I am glad we have EMs who have obviously put some thought and effort into this story arc and we must concentrate on the positive. Also we should be doing stuff anyways even if the EMs aren't around in person.]

C

cheerful

Exodus dungeon
Britain libraries
Jhelom library
etheral fortress and lower levels including the royal council massacre bit

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[OOC was chatting with others outside EM HQ when EM Emile Layne dropped in to say will be back in about an hour for a chat. That will be at approx 9pm uk time, He said we are welcome to bring our own drinks. Also thanks for such a great responce to the searches, fantastic job all]

D

Divie

As a requester of provided as opposed to bring your own drinks (aka spike 2.0) i would appreciate hearing what transpired as I was unable to attend due to unforseen events (which incidentally involved provided drinks (hint hint) so i can't complain!)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah yah i too would love a update on the event...ive taken part on 3 occassions..hell theres no ways i can possibly make it every day..but ill drop in whenever the chance arises...untill then any good updates would be most appreciated so i can keep up with the storyline...guess we are still searching the libaires of the lands for clues to the time machine?

K

Kiminality

I'm rather behind on this, too...
But, if anyone one who has been there wants to write up a full report, I can do my "reporter" bit on it.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[OOC EM Emile confirmed that the W mentioned earlier was indeed due to the trance Hannah was in and not an actual clue (typo).
A book will be left in the council hall as to the time and date of the next EM continuation of the event. But of course as this is a RP event we don’t need Nathan Hawks attendance or permission to continuing the search, and if you do search more places please keep this thread updated so others know where has been done, also the Ems are keeping an eye on here too so they know too.
Hannah not being present the other night was because of a mix up and she had not said she would be there.
These extra events are exactly that, extra events, that Sarakan and Emile are doing in there own time and I would like to say thank you for it to both Ems.]

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks for keeping us up to date. I am having to play RL a lot at the moment, so it helps greatly!

C

cheerful

ooc[ I'll echo Lady Flames sentiments in thanking the EM's for their time in the event and for the nice little chat we had last night. Tried to get a few clues to the event but being nice did'nt work sooooo, it's the bed of nails for you next time Emile! Your doing a sterling job yourself LF, even though you have a tendency to hit people over the head with Mericle's diary. *rubs head*.
Can't wait for the weekend.]

T

Tak

Couldnt find anything in: Reg Nax, Reg Volum (couldnt open that doors in the secret dungeon), Ilsh's Tomb and Whisp Dungeon (was too lazy to solve that riddle).