• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*A Note on Colorful Parchment Attached to Two Large Canvases and Addressed to "Mister Hildebrandt"*

Stevie

Visitor
*A Note on Colorful Parchment Attached to Two Large Canvases and Addressed to "Mister Hildebrandt" in Heavily Curlicued Handwriting*

------------

Dear Mister Hildebrandt,

The Commander said I should take my idea about reagents to you, and I guess that makes sense with you being the Court Jester and always running out.

I think the Royal Botanists should make them at Darkthorn's castle!

The easiest would be the screaming ginseng root, since it's a plant. There are already planters at the castle to keep them from spreading out too much, AND there is a music hall nearby--someone could probably teach them to sing (or at least hum!) instead of scream, and they could be a real asset to the castle.

The petrified nightshade is a little trickier, but I THINK that pickled nightshade might work just as well, at least for some spells. Normal nightshade is easy to get, and Darkthorn has a kitchen that doesn't look like it gets much use, so that's a perfect place for it. We could probably even grow it in there since it's just about as dark as night in that castle. (I offered to paint it for him, but I guess he likes boring colors.)

For the noxious spider's silk, all we'd have to do is capture some of the terathans that make it and trap them down in the basement there. I'm not sure why Mister Darkthorn keeps such icky stuff in his own basement, but he does, and a few more shouldn't make a difference--but these ones would at least be doing something helpful!

The giant red pearl is a little trickier. Somehow fiery rocks falling from the sky make it. I thought maybe someone with a dragon could sit on the back of it, throw rocks in front of it, and tell it to breathe fire at them on the way down. That seems like at LEAST a two person job though, and once a dragon is loaded up with two people and a basket of big rocks it's going to be pretty weighed down and won't be able to fly long. So I'm not sure about that one. Do you have any ideas?

Even without the giant red pearl, that's a lot more special reagents for you and the Royal Britannia Botanist Guild! I think it would be a big help! I made a couple of paintings to show you how this all could work, using current Royal Britannia Botanists to demonstrate.

In the first one, I'm there with my tambourine singing along with the no-longer-screaming ginseng roots while Mister Laurel plants some more colorful flowers for the castle with the seeds I sent him. Doesn't that look nice?

In the second one, Piper and Tobias are pickling some nightshade. Tobias probably shouldn't be touching the leafy part, but he probably shouldn't have let himself get eaten by a kraken either so I figured his judgment probably isn't the best anyway. Piper has enough sense to hold it by the stem. And to not get eaten by a kraken. Tserim is there (wearing his Royal Britannia Botanist kilt!) holding back a terathan from the basement--since Tserim is a legendary ranger I thought the terathan would probably give up and just hand him the noxious spider's silk rather than try to fight him for it. That would be the smart thing to do!

Let me know if you have any ideas for the red pearl and I'll see what I can do. You can use these paintings to convince the Commander and Mister Darkthorn--I don't know how they wouldn't be convinced!

Your friend,
Stevie

*the note is attached to two large rolled canvases*

singingginseng.png

singingginseng2a.png