• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A new project to recreate Ultima Online in a 3D first person view using Wurm Unlimited

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and well met old friends. Although I'm quite sure most of you don't remember me, but I played UO for 13 years back in the day and UO will always have a very special place in my heart. These days I'm playing Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited, and I decided to set up my own server in Unlimited. But it needed a theme, a concept - so what better choice than to recreate Ultima Online there!

I've started a video series which will document this process. You might find this interesting. This will be fun!

Love, Saphireena

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was really awesome. Now I'm going to have to check out Wurm. And I do remember you and all the art and high rez-art work you did. I always wished you would have been hired on in the UO art department.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was fun to watch! My lumberjack character was getting really anxious to jump into that world and chop some trees!

Near the end the land popped up and said it was Vesper but I think it was Trinsic?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail Friend

Great to see you back !

They should have hired you a long time ago, it's all of our lost they didn't

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello old friends :)

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone! I'm honored that you guys would have entrusted our precious UO art to my hand and crazy mind hehe.

SugarMMM: Thank you SO much for pointing that out! Yes! That is meant to be Trinsic, I just messed up. I added an annotation to cover and correct it now. A shame YouTube is removing the ability to add annotations soon. They serve such a useful purpose for situations like these!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I remember you, and think your current project is truly amazing! Although UO is my one and only online game, I'll look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This tread needs to be in uhall so others can see this.

I realize there are a few downers there about everything thing just ignore those trolls.

Really glad your back.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the kind words of support old gypsy and skett! I'll be sure to report back once some progress has been made :).

And skett, I considered writing this into Uhall but didn't want to post something where it doesn't belong and then just get the post dumped somewhere else. In this case it's hard to decide whether it's off topic or not. It's about Ultima online, yet in a game that is not UO. Hmmm tricky!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And skett, I considered writing this into Uhall but didn't want to post something where it doesn't belong and then just get the post dumped somewhere else. In this case it's hard to decide whether it's off topic or not. It's about Ultima online, yet in a game that is not UO. Hmmm tricky!
It was probably a good idea posting it here in off-topic, whenever something like this gets posted in Uhall someone reports it, and I or another moderator usually end up having to move it here to off-topic anyway. This is a really cool project though, I hope it succeeds! :)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just watched your 'building Britain' video on youtube. It looks absolutely fantastic!
Thank you very much! I have such a hard time talking naturally though at the same time as I play, so the next video I decided to write a script for, then capture the material separately. Much shorter and more streamlined. Then again, it's perhaps less relatable. I'm not sure. I'd love to hear from you all which format you think is better.

"Talk as I go along" = Slow, but more genuine and relatable, spontaneous

or "Scripted" = Short and snappy, efficient and logical

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much! I have such a hard time talking naturally though at the same time as I play, so the next video I decided to write a script for, then capture the material separately. Much shorter and more streamlined. Then again, it's perhaps less relatable. I'm not sure. I'd love to hear from you all which format you think is better.
Personally I prefer the unscripted. It feels like its more that Im sitting alongside you and you are showing me around. You have a remarkably relaxing voice.