• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A New Idea .....give me your feedback

G

What if when a creature killed you it got your insurance money? It would make the final loot for whoever killed alot more satisified in some cases. For example i kill a fetid essence during the moonglow event and all i get is 400 gold even though he may have killed 3 people. they are a pain in the ass that alot of people avoid. I avoid because the loot sucks. I think it could be possible to arrange this since it already works in PvP play. any thoughts?

F

five oclock

I agree with ya. There are old school monsters that still loot your gold if you have any when they kill you. I think that would be even more fun.

Lets say you have 10K in gold. Lets say the monster also loots ya when it kills you.

G

I agree. Them stinking lil brigands do that sometimes. And again I am going to refer to the current Moonglow event just because its a busy place right now. Demon Berserkers slaying people left and right that get in the way Fallen Warriors flamestriking you down or even in Doom this would an awesome idea. They may kill three or four people before they are actually brought down themselves. Maybe not allow the creature to take the full insurance money but even half would be nice. It would add that extra incentive to get your death robe off and go kill that SOB that just flatlined you. Me and you as a player are not losing anything extra here. Lets say when I die I have 4k in insurance cost. well guess what, I lost it anyway. I think it would make hunts that much more competitive.

G

Nice idea, I'm for it.

I have a feeling it could be awhile though. We managed to sneak out a pic of EA's selection process for UO ideas that they use during their meetings....

G

Gumbo

I was thinking of the same thing last night while I was in moonglow. That would be an awesome idea.

G

Movie quote...(Dumb and Dumber) Lyod-So what are the chances of me and you...you know getting together. Mary Swanson-Probably one in a million. Lyod- So there is a chance!!!

I

imported_Cysphruo

not to be the negative one but factor in all the aholes who would lure monsters onto people, it would essentially be fel in tram, you just get the monster to kill the person and take their insurance.
plus insurance is the only real gold sink in uo...

I

imported_kalzaketh

hey five, those older looter types still exist, down in the bowls of tram despise, the titans are very attracted to any uninsured magical items I personally have about 10 nightsight items to the giant thieving hands also the liches love magic items as they wander through the woods hiding your items.

S

Sethblackmoore

I agree its a great idea but I'll restate (in a different way) what has already been said.....that darn gold sink ain't going nowhere!!! But if they do implement it you get all the credit Gus..lol.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds awesome
you people are all out of your f&*^*( minds!!
but...does sound good

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

sounds awesome
you people are all out of your f&amp;*^*( minds!!

Please tell me you all ready knew this? :p I mean come on we play UO LoL.

As for monster loot why stop at just gold? Heck let the monster dry loot us

G

Hmmm, kind of like slot machines that keep adding to the potential winnings. I think I like it.

F

five oclock

as a prior post said...people would lure to the gate and BAM when a new player died the monster stole all his stuff etc etc...Ok how about this..since you did mention slot play.

Monster kills ya. Takes your loot. Now if you go back and kill that monster you can get your loot back. Give it like a 5 or 10 minute timer or whatever.

Now lets say within that timer if anyone else kills that monster they have a chance of getting the loot the monster looted off of you, but if you helped in killing it..you get your loot back..but then the damage you did to the monster as loot back. Now once the timer is done...the monsters loot is a free for all. Or something like that?

This way people would not lure onto other people just to get there loot in tram. This way its still balanced to a point..hey this is a rough draft. But its also a slot play. Spin thy wheel see what comes up.

G

where in trammel do u see this stuff happening? especially on Napa shard? I hardly never ee a large group anywhere and in Evil glow there really arent any Newbs in there. If your in there and die that easy then u shouldnt be in there.dont take my stuff just my insurance money. Cause i dont want to lose anymore than i have already lost. which is insurance money. that money just disappears! I cant claim it on my taxes! So why not give it to the monster? If a weenie rat kills you shame on you. If someone lures a berserker daemon they go after the person with the higher fame anyway. so lets rethink.