• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) A new Call to Arms has sounded. Who will answer it?

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Adelin told me of all the heroes who risked everything to save Susan last week, and I have diligently recorded their deeds for the ages. I was so relieved to hear of Susan’s complete restoration, though I’ve been told she had a few relapses in her speech Friday night at the auction. Someone please assure her that this will pass in time—she is only suffering some residual effects of the very strong curse cast on her by Andros.

Adelin also told me about the strange words he uttered upon being challenged, and I pressed her hard to remember what they were, even if she could not understand them at the time. Upon further research, I’ve determined he was speaking in the ancient language of the Shadow Lords. Considering he called upon Astaroth, the Shadow Lord of Hate, on the night he changed Susan into a goblin, it has become plain that he’s in league with them. They alone would have the power to release him from Despise. How deep his connection to them goes cannot be told. Andros may be powerful, but he’s no Shadow Lord! It is quite likely that one or more of them is merely using him as a pawn to further their own dark plans for this world, even if Andros is fool enough to believe otherwise.

I am afraid I must sound the Call to Arms once again. Britannia will need a group of warriors who have the courage and determination to fight for her and stop the Shadow Lords. Much of their power lies in their ability to deceive, and to move about unseen among us, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. In challenging them face to face, the façade will shatter, and their hold on this world will weaken for a time. Andros will be cast aside, left to rot once again in his prison, and the Shadow Lords will slink away into the darkest corners of their realm to devise a new plan.

Challenging the Shadow Lords will not be easy—they hide beneath the waves of Gravewater Lake in Malas, where no ship can set sail. Fortunately, I’ve heard of a way to reach them. Speak with Hepler Paulson, the Salvage Master at the Shipwright in Trinsic. He can tell you how to get a special suit that will allow access to the underwater realm of the Shadow Lords.

Now that you know what you're up against, are there any brave souls willing to face whichever formidable foe is behind Andros’ release? Next time he strikes, he might do far worse than turn one of our own into a goblin! We will gather our forces at 8:30 p.m EST this Thursday, Feb 17th in the Beruna Pass Great Hall. (Gates and runes can be provided.) Be sure to bring your underwater gear with you. Taming will be a useful skill to have on this adventure, though pets cannot survive the plunge into the lake and will be left behind.

Want to come but don’t yet have an underwater suit? Borganne and Adelin have followed Hepler Paulson’s instructions once before. They are willing to serve as both guides and protectors. Simply ask during the week and they will be happy to help. Once you've obtained a suit, it's yours to keep and use indefinitely.

Last edited:

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Hey hummie = yooz gotz uh copie ob dat spell Andros yoozed? Meez vulunteerez to keep it in uh saf saf place. Meez promisin neber to yooz it!
Sweetpeez,
I do not have a copy of the spell, nor do I know what dark rituals Andros conducted beforehand to give the words he uttered their power. To seek out such knowledge would require desecrating my own soul by searching through the most evil of the ancient tomes. It is likely that Andros had to swear his allegiance to the Shadow Lords as well, and make promises to them I would be horrified to know, let alone make myself. Such spells are best left unspoken and unwritten, their very existence forever lost to the ages.