• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A need for a title for the new Chapter of the event cycle

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Subject line says it all....The current Chapter of the Warriors of Destiny event cycle needs a name.

Look here:

http://www.uoguide.com/Warriors_of_Destiny

for the names of the previous Chapters.

I figure one of two things will happen with this thread....Either the manufacturer (Draconi, for example, hint hint!!) will show up with a title. That's how the most recent chapter got its name. Because they are actually writing at least the outline of the story (even as we provide the specifics), their word should be taken as definitive. Or, they'll decide to stay out of it, and then we'll title it ourselves. I guess there's a third possibility, which is that the way things will unfold in this Chapter isn't known yet, and a title will suggest itself within a week or two.

My personal suggestion will be "Blood Feud," because based on what we know so far the next phase will be dominated by the way our characters are caught in the middle of what appears to be a dragon blood feud.

We could also have a title that somehow refers to the fact that we still don't know if Casca is good, or evil, or something else yet. His behavior can be read either way. One example would be "Penumbras," because the term "penumbra" refers to an unclear space between light and shadow. It's also a legal term, thus making reference to the fact that Casca's a lawyer by trade.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen, Penumbra is not a legal term. Its most noticeable usage in legal terminology was a very contested supreme court decision based on everything but the law and precedent. Don't say it has legal meanings when most lawyers and paralegals will tell you it not only doesn't but it's a scientific term for shadow.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Penumbra is also a character in Ultma 6, so it might be best to save the name just in case she shows up. :p

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen, Penumbra is not a legal term. Its most noticeable usage in legal terminology was a very contested supreme court decision based on everything but the law and precedent. Don't say it has legal meanings when most lawyers and paralegals will tell you it not only doesn't but it's a scientific term for shadow.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penumbra

#3.

The only time I've ever personally seen this word actually used was in a legal context.

Specifically, if memory serves, Roe v. Wade, wherein the decision was based in large part on "penumbras" (or implications, suggestions, "shadows") of a right to privacy in the Constitution, though there is no such explicit right there.

Also, if you actually read my post, you'll see that I already referred to the term's actual definition.

*sighs*

So, any title suggestions? You know, the actual topic of the post?

-Galen's player

J

Jhym

Ahem, perhaps I need to be louder.

DESTINY'S SHADOW.

Or

SHADOWS OF DESTINY.

V

von Beck

How about...

Destiny Of The Greifers

... or ...

Shadows of the Poison Fields (Cast By Annoying Players To Disrupt Events)

... or ...

Warriors of Spamming at Events?