• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "A Magic Katana"

C

CowFace

I have recently come back to UO after a 4 year "Hiatus" and came across an interesting item in my bank box.

It is "A Magic Katana" with *Demon* Slayer. I will attach a picture with this post. Also, this item is on the Chesapeake server.

Just wondering what you guys think of this item. From what I can gather there are no more items with the "Magic" tag. One idea given to me was that it was not identified prior to the AOS launch, which is why it kept its name. Does anyone know what it may be? Have you seen any others like it?

For now I suppose it will just be bank candy until I can find out more about its potential value.

Attachments

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess you could sell it for a few hundred thousand. They seem to be about the same price as double exceptional items. They make great little decoration pieces for your house though. I have "A Magic Warfork" on display at my house, it is also a demon slayer.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Wetherlocke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came across one myself on an old character who hasn't seen much action over the past few years. Magic katana with orc slaying. Very nice deco piece for my guardhouse's anti-orc display. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Far as I know if someone uses the item id skill or an id wand/staff it reverts to just a normal item title.

C

CowFace

Far as I know if someone uses the item id skill or an id wand/staff it reverts to just a normal item title.
Aye, so I have heard.

I also just found a dagger on my Siege char with "use charges"

Didnt think daggers were supposed to have a certain number of uses.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because it's Siege. Any weapon used as a tool, for skinning cows for eg, will get 'uses' and eventually break if you continue to use it for that purpose. Many a new player on the shard has lost his best weapon through not realising this fact about the shard.

C

CowFace

That's because it's Siege. Any weapon used as a tool, for skinning cows for eg, will get 'uses' and eventually break if you continue to use it for that purpose. Many a new player on the shard has lost his best weapon through not realising this fact about the shard.
Figured as much. Wasnt sure myself though. Thanks for the info.

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, this is true, unless it has changed in just the past few weeks.

I think the title "A Magic (Whatever)" appeared on all old slayer weapons and remained there until they were Item ID'd, before a patch changed that. Does that sound correct?