• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Magic *insert weapon type here*

B

BellaofCats

Hello,

I have a bunch of weapons beginning with the words "A Magic". For instance, I have a bow that is named "A Magic Bow". I am wondering if they are worth hanging onto or if I should use them for turn-in.

Thanks for any info anyone may have! :thumbup:

Bella

P.S. I've just found some other weapons with names such as "Vanquishing", "Mystic" and "Power". A few of the Power named ones also have "Ophidian" in the name. Any info on these as well would be most appreciated.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Vanquishing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

The "magic" ones are older than the vanq, power, mystic. I am not positive but think they were gotten in another invasion type deal years ago. The ones during the Ophid invasion also had a chance of coming tagged with Ophid along with the vanq, power mystic as well. They were a rarer drop tho.

Cyrese Tor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The A magic (insert weapon here) where loot on monsters and you needed the item id skill or an id wand which also randomly spawned on liches etc to reveal the properties of the weapon. Once Id'd they no longer say A magic anything just stats.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone mentioned that these could be ID'ed by anyone while locked down. So if you hold onto them, may want to keep them out of site.

B

BellaofCats

Thank you for your quick responses! I do appreciate it! Can you also tell me if any of these are worth hanging onto or should I use them for the turn-in - if they are even on the list?

I'm not a collector per say, but I do like to hoard stuff. I'm more of a packrat I guess! Which is why I'm finding all sorts of things I've forgotten I even have! I have a sneaky suspicion once I'm done cleaning up I may no longer need those "extra" accounts since I'll have tons of storage that's opened up!

Thanks again!

Bella

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Item ID still work on these weapons. Any player (a human will have 20 item id just because the JOAT) can use the skill on the weapon while its locked down, or in a vendor, or in a paperdoll in a vendor or player and the "magic" word will be removed :(

About the price.. no idea, since there is no sense to drop it on a vendor or to display it on a public house.

B

BellaofCats

Thanks everyone, for the responses. It sounds like I'd be better off trying to turn them in during clean-up since they'd lose the "A Magic" title should anyone try to ID them.

They've been hidden away in a box for quite a few years now, which is of no use to me I suppose. However, if I can turn them in they will have served a purpose!

Thanks again!!

Bella

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 items like that, both are slayers. One is a broadsword the other is a drum. The only property a drum could have is a slayer. So if its revealed already and it still says ¨a magic drum¨, how can it still be ided?

Im not sure but werent those exactly that? just slayers?

I thought they were there at the same era of the vanqs, before the ophidian invasions. WHen u got a title for 3 main mods :

Durability ( fortified , indestructible...)
Accuracy or HCI ( exceedingly accurate, supremely accurate ...)
Damage Increase ( Of Vanquishing, of Power )

and the sought after Undead property ( Silver )

They were titled differently from the Ophidian invasion weps too . You would read them as a ¨Fortified , supremely accurate silver Bow of Vanquishing ¨

So im not sure at all bc its been so long, but i think those magic weps were at the same time, but just a different kind of loot altoghether, with just a slayer property.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 items like that, both are slayers. One is a broadsword the other is a drum. The only property a drum could have is a slayer. So if its revealed already and it still says ¨a magic drum¨, how can it still be ided?
yah, I've got a couple like that, also.... still say 'magic' but have a slayer property

and no, not dropping them in the turn-in barrel!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I have a bunch of weapons beginning with the words "A Magic". For instance, I have a bow that is named "A Magic Bow". I am wondering if they are worth hanging onto or if I should use them for turn-in.

Thanks for any info anyone may have! :thumbup:

Bella

P.S. I've just found some other weapons with names such as "Vanquishing", "Mystic" and "Power". A few of the Power named ones also have "Ophidian" in the name. Any info on these as well would be most appreciated.
if you have any double axes like this, i will buy them