• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) A Lover's Dance, Feb.13th 8 PM EST, City of Umbra

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am excited to announce the up and coming "Lover's Dance" being held in Umbra on Sunday Feb. 13th at 8 PM EST to honor Valentine's Day. We're making it a night early to be able to give folks a chance to enjoy an in game event without overstepping the real life event :)

The following prizes will be given out to couples that join us and CoD members will do the judging in each category...

Best Dressed Couple --- 100,000 gold. (1 couple)
Best Rehearsed Couple's Dance --- 500,000 gold.
Best Lover's Poem --- 25,000 gold. (Best 3.)

Best Rehearsed Couple's Dance is actually quite difficult to do and takes a lot of practice. So you and your partner must practice!!! The dance must be a coordinated step dance, where the two of you execute the same steps in unison. The best execution with the least mistakes wins!

Best Dressed Couple will be awarded at the end of the night. Each couple will have a screen shot taken that will then be featured on UO Stratics, Catskills section as well as our on our guild's home page.

Poems must be submitted in a "red leafed book" (sealed) to us at the beginning of the evening!!! The winning poems will be selected and then you will be called to the podium to recite them for your loved one, so keep a copy handy.

We will see you there!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But... But... Boys have cooties :(

Cool event idea though! Hope it goes well. I don't think I will be able to attend since me and my John are having our Valentines day a day early on the 13th.
I will be working with him to build my new computer as my Valentine present!! Yay! Hes been ordering all the parts here and there so kinda hard to keep that a secret lol.
Its going to be complete with windows 7!!! *screams*.

Best of luck to you though. If you need any pre-event help just holler!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I cannot attend, Sundays the Rest is open, and if I am not there, I will be out with the wife. Good luck.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww well, time with the wife is always a good thing.

I forgot about the Rest being open, but I think its okay for both events to be held. Ours is open to the whole shard and yours caters to a certain group. We could ask to change it up a bit with the EM's... if you are definitely open that night maybe we can work to change it. If you go out with the wife, we'll keep it as is.

Let me know! :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Bianca,

Thank you for your kind words. In honor of you, and out of respect for the hard planned events of others I will be closing the Knights Rest the night of your dance and encouraging all to attend this event.

I hope I have a chance to make it there as well. If not, I hope it will be a huge success.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the dance sound like fun. i'll try make it. but i don't know what hubby has plan that weekend

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not long off folks. Best get your dates lined up for the event, or you will have to dance with me, or alone.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my good clothes pressed and am nice and sober. Bring on the dancing... ladies.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be wonderful. Poor dear has been through so much. She said the other night she just wish her hands would work right again.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really miss her, cannot wait till she is feeling well enough to visit with us some again.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a pity that this dance will be held on a sunday. Marcello would have loved to attend. Make sure to take pics and share with us how it went. :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be wonderful. Poor dear has been through so much. She said the other night she just wish her hands would work right again.
I sure hope she's feeling better in a week. I am sure we all in CoD would be happy to see her; she treats us so well. :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope she's feeling better in a week. I am sure we all in CoD would be happy to see her; she treats us so well. :)
*smiles*
I am going to send Aph this link to be sure she reads this. She is a real sweetheart for sure.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks this is tonight!!! Get those gowns and them tux's out.

Remember to BRING YOUR FAVORITE LOVE POEMS!!! Put them into a book guys and you will all have the floor to recite them to your loved one... we will be adding the poetry collection from tonight to our Poetry and Literature section in our library. The best poem will chosen based on not only the written work, but also the delivery of the poem... You can recite either your own work or that of another, both are equally judged. Make it heart felt! We will be giving 25,000 gold to the best 3 at the end of the night!

The best dressed couple award will go to those that look the nicest TOGETHER and coordinate the best. The best couple (only one couple) will be awarded at the end of the night!

One event we're removing is the couple's dance... and that's for time's sake since we also have a public event at 6 before the dance.

I'd also like to remind everyone that while this event will have a pre-dominantly RP'er base (a lot of us will be in character --- I will be in and out of character as the hostess), it is OPEN TO ALL players equally. Please be respectful of all play styles...

See you all tonight!

- Pandy