• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Little SA information for those who may be interested

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I copied this information from quotes made by Draconi about the upcoming expansion "Stygian Abyss" when he was chatting about it in UHall a few weeks ago. I found it all very interesting and thought I would share it with those of you who may of missed it.

~The majority is Trammel at launch, along with a subset for Felucca.

~The areas are not mirrored - there will be a main entrance on Fire Island in Trammel, but not Felucca. Alternate entrances for Felucca will lead to the common PvP portions, which are mostly for the champ spawns. In other words, a certain portion (but not all), of the bosses available in SA will be champ spawns shared in the Felucca ruleset.

~No, you can't accidentally walk into the areas. It will require teleportation from Point A to Point B and a confirmation of your intent. Much like taking a moongate into Felucca.
All it means is that we're planning to add even more levels and content to the Abyss in the future - some will be Trammel, some will be Felucca.

~For instance, X time after Launch if we want to add A, B, and C, we will. A and B might be Trammel, and C might be Felucca.

~All shards except Siege: Main entry point for Trammel ruleset SA content is at Fire Island at the newly risen volcano.

~Felucca ruleset SA content is available from Felucca entrances to the Abyss hidden within other dungeons (i.e. we're expanding the "Underworld")

~Siege: Alternate entrance to the same area that the Fire Island entrance would normally send you to. Still has Felucca entrances to the Abyss as well hidden in the dungeons.

~Righto, I should also clarify that the Abyss content is being built on a separate facet from "Facet 1: Trammel", it'll be "Facet 5: Ter-Mur"

~Even on Siege, all the map will still be available, just like Ilshenar, Malas, and Tokuno are.
Keep in mind, we're adding a volcano to Fire Island that will only be on the Trammel facet. It will not affect Felucca, thus, the main entrance to the Abyss on Siege may be in a different spot than the other shards.