• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Letter to Sir Dupre (Rising Darkness Plot)

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*a letter is being delivered to Sir Dupre*

Dearest Dupre

I hope that my letter finds you strong both in body and spirit, since your service is once more urgently needed in Trinsic. As the stalwart defender of our beloved town I beseech you to take the lead in the investigation concerning the threats ushered during last night’s council meeting. The man accused King Blackthorn of various deeds, most of which you will already have heard. I shall spare you the repetition.

However, it was most worrying to hear the threats uttered directly against Trinsic. He spoke of a rising darkness and doom and gloom and the usual ravings of mad men. However, as you are aware, I possess certain abilities and the scene left me with a certain dread which I cannot set aside.

Furthermore, his Majesty seemed intent on blaming the entirety of Trinsic and its citizens for this man’s deeds and that, I am sure you will understand, cannot be accepted, either. We must therefore do all that is in our power to investigate this affair. Since you are both a close friend of Trinsic and (as far as I am aware) a trusted advisor to the King, I ask you to take the lead in this investigation.

The guard tower overlooking the Western Gate and situated next to the bank and provisioner has been aired out and set aside for your use. Whatever support you require during this mission will be offered to you, so long as it is in the power of the city and its governor to provide.

You might wish to consider keeping records about the participation of citizens and friends of Trinsic during this affair. These records might help prove to the king that not we, the people and visitors are to blame for this matter. Instead, it will show how much effort is being invested in order to find the truth. Maybe we can even discuss a reward for those citizens or friends of Trinsic, that distinguish themselves from their comrades?

However, these details can be discussed at a later date. For now I trust that you will not ignore our plight and I look forward to welcoming you in our beautiful city.

Yours faithfully
*signed and sealed*

Aryala

Governor of Trinsic etc. etc.

P.S. Already several tavern maids asked if you would come…
OOC Note:
Yesterday night saw the beginning of a new plotline that we will hopefully spin further during the next weeks. Respective posts will be marked with the 'Rising Darkness Plot' in the title for you to follow them as the story unfolds.

Such a plotline very much lives from the feedback and active participation of you, the players. We would therefore like to encourage you to take part and to share your experiences here on the boards. We have spoken to the EM about the possibility of a reward scheme and while there cannot be any promises yet, it seems at least possible. Such a scheme would be based on the amount of visible participation, in events or here on the boards, so get going!

First and foremost however: have fun!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC : Potentially a lot of fun here, and how Blackthorn responds - and what Dupre finds - gives us a lot to work with for the future!

Speaking as Governor of Britain ....

The King is worrying me greatly, and his outright strange reactions at the last Governor meeting are not even slightly reassuring. Far too much pride, verging on outright arrogance, and he clearly seemed to have already decided that the 'investigation' would conclude that Trinsic was a threat to him regardless of what Dupre may discover. I'm not certain yet if he is simply struggling to get a grip on his new role as King, or it is actually much worse and an outright threat to all of us. His actions and words just do not add up - and his complete reliance on spies and deception, plus his almost paranoid secrecy about so many things, are horribly reminiscent of Casca......

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OOC: Indeed a lot of potential fun here...yes yes i know i havent done an event for new mag yet *sighs looking at his very full work schedule*

Speaking as Governor of New Magincia
Has The king absolutely gone stark raving mad? The threats against Trinsic and even the threats to the security of Britannia in general is worrisome at the least..a grave concern at worst. Angus looks at his notepad and says "Well you were right bout our king he isnt the man of honor he proclaimed is he?" No definetly not and now hes cracking down on opinions and dissent that dont conform sending in his lapdog skaros to do the masters bidding....bloody madness!