• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A hack to see hidden/stealthers?

R

RedDaTeef

Is there such a hack to see hidden/stealthing players? Just wanted to confirm or disprove a rumor.
Thanks!

Jeremiah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tracking, and if you move something in your pack while hidden eveyone can see it.

R

RedDaTeef

I heard something like they could see you as a hidden player (how you see yerself when your hidden) but they can't see the name.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing this is just a rumor, because people are too dumb to realize humans can track gm hiders/stealthers

O

Ole Cheapy

I'm guessing this is just a rumor, because people are too dumb to realize humans can track gm hiders/stealthers

If the above statement is true, then deathstrikers should just drop tracking and if they're elf go human and save 100 skill points. Correct?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds more like it, Speedy. There seems to be a rule that says 'if you don't know how it's done, it can't be because they know more than you, so it must be a hack'.

A GM once told Terry on Europa he'd been paged on 3 times for healing up while mortalled by Miasma. - char is a samurai with 120 bushido.

O

Ole Cheapy

Is there such a hack to see hidden/stealthing players? Just wanted to confirm or disprove a rumor.
Thanks!

There is a huge diffrence between a hack and a bug. My guess would be to just stay away from server lines.

M

Mogluk

I remember hearing something about one quite awhile ago. but I didn't quite follow it. I do know of a few bugs but I thought that they had been fixed.

C

Corrupted Goblin

If the above statement is true, then deathstrikers should just drop tracking and if they're elf go human and save 100 skill points. Correct?
You save 100 points but you lose 8 damage to your death strike (10 if your elf)

C

Corrupted Goblin

Also with the JoaT it is much more difficult to track gm hiders takes several shots to do it.

O

Ole Cheapy

You save 100 points but you lose 8 damage to your death strike (10 if your elf)
So if you have GM tracking you get 60 dmg on the first DS (from tracking target), then 50 dmg on the next DS during the fight (without tracking Target). Is that right? Assuming of course you have maxed skills in hiding/stealth/ninja of course. So without tracking with maxed skills in the mentioned skills as a human you do 42 dmg? Ru explained all this to me before but I just like to be 100% certain before I waste time Rotting a skill. Thanks in advance.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only way I know of to see the location of hidden players is by using tracking as a human... or having the skill.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds more like it, Speedy. There seems to be a rule that says 'if you don't know how it's done, it can't be because they know more than you, so it must be a hack'.

A GM once told Terry on Europa he'd been paged on 3 times for healing up while mortalled by Miasma. - char is a samurai with 120 bushido.
It is not a hack! It is not a bug either. I think it is intentionally done by the
game designers to show the activities. Most players do not notice the effect!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know pets will still follow a stealther and you can still hit them with snowballs.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, sorry, not a rumor. I won't say where, or how. But I know for a fact it is out there. Let's just say it's not a bug and it takes illegal software to actually do this...la