• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Friendly Reminder...

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dor of Sonoma

...from a Tired Person (me :)

This forum (UHall) is for discussions...many and varied discussions.

The entire foundation of discourse is laid at its beginning with differing viewpoints, and discussions may take several forms, including (but not limited to) disagreements, voicing of opposing views, unhappiness with the state of the world...but to really qualify as a Discussion, it is necessary to include civility, a willingness to hear and listen to others' points of view (and perhaps to even entertain those, though I digress), and rational, reasoned arguments and stances.

Please understand that a differing opinion is only that...a differing opinion. It is not a threat to your way of life or thinking...it is simply another point of view. Sharing opinions with each other is one way to learn from (and about) others. It won't give you cooties. The act of allowing others to share their views with you should add to your human experience, not detract from it.

Yelling and screaming and throwing your oatmeal across the room have no place in a healthy discussion. Those are more properly labeled Rants, and as such, do not belong here. Employing histrionics invariably weakens any argument that you are trying to make, causing it to become muddled, obscured, or flat-out studiously ignored. (Thus, it is a most inefficient attention-getting tactic to use here :)

It is quite possible to be extremely upset with a situation and yet entirely refrain from yelling and hollering and kicking the nearest dog. It's true! Go on and give it a try, if you haven't already. You may be surprised at the improved responses and attention that you will receive as a result.

Heh...give peace a chance, eh? *winks*

G

Grom_Lighthammer

It has been a little rough on the boards today.

I don't think I have been out of line, but If so
I apologize. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Grom!

C

cherub

LOL yes i agree, i would like to have a discussion on why you are so tired!!!!

with all of this fighting , and childish people be getting on your nerves,. for some reason people think they can force others to do as they say and if you dont go along with them then everyone is wrong but them. LOL.. i can see why you are soo tired. lol , sooner or later they will grow up.... heheeh maybe later!....

what you need is a nice bubble bath, a semi dry wine. maybe some nice cheese,, and when your done youll feel much more relaxed, and have had enough rest to
lock, lock, lock those posts!!!!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif now doesnt that make you feel any better.....

H

Hottie

Hello DOR /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Pleasure to see you again /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
(willow from the first fan fest ) ( and we went to the REN FEST in CA with you)
Just wondering if its ok for people to say
"SHUT your PIE HOLE" ? on this forum? or not as I want to know How I should
respond to it..... I dont want to start a riot /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif.

*Madly Behaves*

G

Amen to that Dor and don't you find you pay more attention to a well reasoned argument than you do to ranting, raving and screaming?

D

Dor of Sonoma

Hiya, Willow (of course I remember you...and that loooong Crack of Dawn bus ride :)

Here's my free advice for the eve! If you ever find yourself wondering how to respond to a particular post...chances are probably pretty darned good that you should not respond at all. *winks*

D

Dor of Sonoma

I most assuredly do. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

When it comes to the latter, my first impulse is to plug my ears and start humming loudly to myself...err...*looks around*...umm, they fail to garner my attention at all. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

Good morning, all. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*points up*

Something (for those of you whom may have missed it) to ponder, whilst I grab some coffee and try to wake UP.

*smiles groggily*

Jeeze, I hate mornings...*musingly*

Status
Not open for further replies.