• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few of the new Balms

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a bit o time out with a freind who worked fame and honor wth his tamer.

I took advantage of the killing and marked the Ballies he was taking out.

After a few hours I now have

2 Wisdom
2 life shields
1 mana drought
1 Swiftness
and 4 Stone Skins

I am curious if these are somewhat monster dependent?

Anyone else got any ideas

R

rajadeah

This forum is for PvP thieving, not PvM...sorry...la

Umm pardon me if I'm wrong here, but the name of the forum is UO Thiefs forum right? So where do we post and ask questions about PVM related stealing if this forum is for PVP thiefs only?

H

house4saleUO

This forum is for discussion of the Cartography, Fishing, Item Identification, Lock Picking, and Remove Trap skills. " this is directly from the Treasure hunting forum, now where are we suposed to post Eh??" Humm we are theives in all facets!!!!

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is for discussion of the Cartography, Fishing, Item Identification, Lock Picking, and Remove Trap skills. " this is directly from the Treasure hunting forum, now where are we suposed to post Eh??" Humm we are theives in all facets!!!!
This is recurring problem. I am thinking that perhaps 2 thieving forums are needed? One for pvp ruleset, and one for "rogues"- crate, rare, perhaps occasional pvp thieving, and perhaps include begging and dungeon rogues, who are after the trapped treasure there. Similar, yet different, and each needs special advice for skills.
Only my opinion.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this from the Thief forum FAQ:

Before we begin,
If you came here looking to ask questions about or even talk about stealing rares from Doom or from town crates, or basically anywhere except from another player, you are in the wrong place. This forum is for the pickpocket profession and nothing else.
'nuff said...la

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humm sorry,

but now my two cents

Since the merge of all the forums there is No place to discus stealing, which nowadays also includes dailies, Stealable Arties and such so could we please get a place to discuss these.

:) this is the only place i could see to post this.

S

Sweeney

Artifacts are followed by the "rarity" tag.. try the rares forum.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humm sorry,

but now my two cents

Since the merge of all the forums there is No place to discus stealing, which nowadays also includes dailies, Stealable Arties and such so could we please get a place to discuss these.

These topics have always belonged in the rares forum. Try there.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humm sorry,

but now my two cents

Have you even bothered to try the forums that have been suggested? Oh that's right, no...no you haven't.

Thanks...la

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As there is NO other forum setup to discuss these items since they are ONLY obtained by theiving then they belong in the thiefs forum get off your high horse and accept it.

I ave seen many posts in your precious forum about rares stealing, stealth etc.

Under Thief forum should be a header just like all other stating what to talk about wait there is only on skill in the forum and thats Thieving.

NOW since these items are ONLY obtained by steling them then they belong here.

This is not a siege forum they have their own, if oyu want it to be one go there.

I will post about items obtained from stelaing here as i see fit oyu as a mod should be undersanding of what fits in your forum and not.

A

Abyss

I guess the question must be asked.

Why is there an entire forum dedicated to people who steal bandages and regs?

Face it. The new thief is a dungeon thief. Stealing from Monsters is still stealing. Your profession is no longer used in today's UO unless you steal powerscrolls which encompasses like 3 of you. The other 10-15 active users on here are just holding on to the last bit of Player thieving left in game. If you see a post you don't want to read because they aren't taking bandies off of some random dude then don't read it. It isn't hurting anyone and at least some people are posting in your forum.

And for the record there is no description to this forum in the list. Fix it or stop hating on people for posting here. This isn't the old stratics and there aren't 100 forums. Everything is combined. Adapt.

And for another matter the post referring to a box on siege isn't a thief issue either but you didn't say a word to him/her about posting in the correct forum. I would have to ask the mod to be consistent with their scolding.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is there an entire forum dedicated to people who steal bandages and regs?
LOL, as if that is all that is available in players packs. Stop making things up please.

And for another matter the post referring to a box on siege isn't a thief issue either but you didn't say a word to him/her about posting in the correct forum. I would have to ask the mod to be consistent with their scolding.
From the RoC:

I. Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited.

Thanks...la

A

Abyss

ROFL. sorry i didn't mention the occasionaly moron who doesn't insure things and go to fel or has a useless item in his pack uninsured.

And I didn't discuss your actions. I discussed the lack thereof. Good way to hide behind a technicality instead of giving a real answer. I will speak with someone about it tho.

Thanks.

S

Sweeney

I don't speak for the mod(s)[I've only known one].. you can post whatever you want here. But trammy/doom/npc bastardizations of the thief skill will gladly be shot down as seen fit.

The Treasure Hunter forum isn't just for treasure chests.. but all forms of "treasure." You should blame them for being elitist if they think your treasure isn't fit enough.

If you have a decent question.. such as "How do I rob in Trammel" or "How do I Escape" or "I think my stealing/stealth/hide is bugged", we will gladly answer it the best that it can be done.

A

Abyss

I don't speak for the mod(s)[I've only known one].. you can post whatever you want here. But trammy/doom/npc bastardizations of the thief skill will gladly be shot down as seen fit.

The Treasure Hunter forum isn't just for treasure chests.. but all forms of "treasure." You should blame them for being elitist if they think your treasure isn't fit enough.

If you have a decent question.. such as "How do I rob in Trammel" or "How do I Escape" or "I think my stealing/stealth/hide is bugged", we will gladly answer it the best that it can be done.

I'm sorry but your bitterness is showing.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went into ferret form I konw it shouldnt help but what the hey.

and i was figuring about every 8 - 13 ballies would produce an item.

rough i can tkae a stronger look next time.

I have also tried staling from a few generals and such and got bubtcus.

Crimmy produced a bundle of 8 necro scrolls.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol your a funny one Rico - on one hand Startics has been mentioned how they have combined forums (for more reasons than i will bother listing here) but you think this forum should be dedicated to just PvP theives . . . give me a break I have played UO for 9 years and except for Seige theiving, stealing from players on the other shards has become obsolete/redundant etc. If you think this forum should be dedicated to Seige theives only then the forum should be removed entirely and you could ask your questions in the Seige forum.

You direct people to post in the rares forum and T.hunt/cart forum for advice, well the rares forum is for items that are not readily available in the game not for doom theif items that spawn regularily or for items that can be stolen from monsters at any time. The rares forum abuses these posts worse than what I have seen in here. While I roam the t.hunt forum less often I honestly dont think it is watched regularily by any theives to answer many questions about stealing.

So while you might not like it truth is with more forums combined it really only makes sense to have stealing be combined in the thieves forum. I know you will disagree but thats only fair as I disagree with your stance as well.

...LA

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rares forum abuses these posts worse than what I have seen in here. While I roam the t.hunt forum less often I honestly dont think it is watched regularily by any theives to answer many questions about stealing.
The funny part about this is, I have yet to see a single post on either forum asking about Doom items, crate items or the new monster loot. Nobody has even tried, but continue to come here and get told the same thing...post those questions in the other forums.

Is it that difficult to draw up a question and post it there? Nobody here (for the most part) steals from doom, crates or monsters, so why would you post in a place where the posters cannot, or will not help you?

Stubbornness?...la

H

house4saleUO

The funny part about this is, I have yet to see a single post on either forum asking about Doom items, crate items or the new monster loot. Nobody has even tried, but continue to come here and get told the same thing...post those questions in the other forums.

Is it that difficult to draw up a question and post it there? Nobody here (for the most part) steals from doom, crates or monsters, so why would you post in a place where the posters cannot, or will not help you?

Stubbornness?...la
Humm sounds like we need a new Moderator, perhaps one thats older then 12. Grow up!!:hahaha:

S

Sweeney

Thieving questions will be answered.. Theifing questions will be mocked. Stealing from a mob is the same as begging from a mob, no talent involved. I recast my previous vote for the new stealables from the THunter forum to Beggar forum. At least Doom thieves need a map/timer.

[edit] It's a sad day when I respect Doom thieves more than other types of thieves. [/edit]

J

jelinidas

So while you might not like it truth is with more forums combined it really only makes sense to have stealing be combined in the thieves forum. I know you will disagree but thats only fair as I disagree with your stance as well.

Sorry Al, I have to agree with this.

A

Arch Magus

Maybe some of the balm stealers will find themselves venturing into Fel spawn areas and decide to take a shot at something 100x more exciting?

Hey, I can have dreams...

R

Robthemilt

Enough with the crap about thieves being dead. I play on ATL and in the last 6 months of casual play. I've stolen NUMEROUS powerscrolls, a couple runic crafting tools, a good amount of solid useable crafted armor, and a pair on inquisitors resolution ALL FROM PLAYERS. The rules have made it more difficult, but not impossible, quit crying all the time and open your eyes. THERE ARE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE!

And to be clear, I dont even normally talk to my targets. NO SCAMS. I see something that doesnt look right, and I take it.

Now the real reason im replying. When i got bored 8-9 months ago and quit logging 6-7 hour sessions i started Doom stealing. I got the same bull**** both in T Hunters and here "WRONG FORUM". There is a post hidden somewhere in the Rares collectors with maps of doom and tokuno. I dont remember the name of the poster or what thread, but it was posted by a mod in there.

As far as the new stuff, I've been stealing from the monsters at champ spawns and have lifted 10 items in probably less than an hour of doing it. Pick the monsters off on the perimeter of the spawn so you can get away, its easy. REALLY EASY. And while your there, if someone comes around to do the spawn, STICK AROUND!!!!!

ALL stealing entertaining. Whether its massive payday, irritating a loudmouth 15 year old red, or decorating your bank box, look at it this way. "Your a thief, people are going to hate you regardless of what you steal." Shinobi. Look this guy up if you want to learn how to be a real thief on the modern shards. And it doesnt mean "persuasion" or "scamming"

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=423
That should be the link to where i found the maps. they were posted by Petra Fyde.

E

Effie Faylinn

I agree with UORelic, thieves on most shards have a go at whatever is available. If the moderator of this forum cannot accept the way things work anywhere other than Siege perhaps he should consider his position? These forums are surely for topics that will be of interest to the players... not to the moderator.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Your a thief, people are going to hate you regardless of what you steal." Shinobi. Look this guy up if you want to learn how to be a real thief on the modern shards. And it doesnt mean "persuasion" or "scamming"
ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Shin to use your instead of you're. He couldn't cut it in the S|S so after he was kicked out, he made POO. And you want to talk about 15 year old reds? POO, really?...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the moderator of this forum cannot accept the way things work anywhere other than Siege perhaps he should consider his position?
LOL, I completely understand how thieving on production shards works. If you have issues with how I moderate the forum. Please feel free to contact the administrators here at Stratics...la

S

Salty Pete

If you have issues with how I moderate the forum. Please feel free to contact the administrators here at Stratics...la
Done.

For those others who have issues with this moderator I think it is time to politely start messaging the admin yourselves.

F

Fink

This is recurring problem. I am thinking that perhaps 2 thieving forums are needed? One for pvp ruleset, and one for "rogues"- crate, rare, perhaps occasional pvp thieving, and perhaps include begging and dungeon rogues, who are after the trapped treasure there. Similar, yet different, and each needs special advice for skills.
Only my opinion.
I don't think Begging belongs in that group. Beggars ask, thieves take, it's a fundamental difference. I won't argue what constitutes Stealing, but Begging is a profession in its own right. As such, we have our own forum and it suits us fine.

On topic, I've managed to snag a few of each potion.

I was reluctant to give it a try due to my original sentiments somewhat echoing Rico's, but I've relented. Years of thief neglect have softened me on the whole scene rather than making me bitter (okay, I went through a period of that, too).

I can see why these new items would be useful, of course, although I still wonder why they're stealables and not craftables. Also I'm surprised they made them insurable and in some cases blessed. They missed an opportunity to enrich the game for thieves of all facets.

S

Sweeney

I can see why these new items would be useful, of course, although I still wonder why they're stealables and not craftables. Also I'm surprised they made them insurable and in some cases blessed. They missed an opportunity to enrich the game for thieves of all facets.
They're insurable still? Regine promised a change to that.

R

Robthemilt

ROFL. I wouldn't put it past Shin to use your instead of you're. He couldn't cut it in the S|S so after he was kicked out, he made POO. And you want to talk about 15 year old reds? POO, really?...la
The dude probably hasn't even read this thread. Why bash him? Honestly if I knew he had such a bad rep on here, i'd have left him out of my post. But I shouldn't have to.

And attacking grammar...