• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few Oddities for Warrior Gear

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I'm wondering if you can leech life from wep,or vamp form when "under rage"
  • Being under a RAGE / Berserk effect blocks healing on your character by a similar amount as the dmg that is blocked... but REGENS seem to work fine .

As for focusing gem it look's like it would be worth it in long fights.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Life Leeching is not healing in the normal sense. And normally your leeching so much with a sampire it shouldn't matter. Focusing Gem of Virtue Bane would be good on Boss Mobs.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Life Leeching is not healing in the normal sense. And normally your leeching so much with a sampire it shouldn't matter. Focusing Gem of Virtue Bane would be good on Boss Mobs.
Have you actually tested Life Leech or vamp form while in rage? or just going with common sense? cause i haven't actually tested the being in rage thingie.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Educated Guess. Have to get a suit to test it. I think its around 200000 Clean Up Britannia Points to get.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Educated Guess. Have to get a suit to test it. I think its around 200000 Clean Up Britannia Points to get.
I made my fair share of educated guess's in my time,just to find out that my guess isn't all that "educated" ehehe.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then there is the Focus Gem of Virtue Bane.
Focusing[/URL] Gem of Virtue Bane - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia[/URL]
If this resets damage after every miss then i think its useless. Bosses parry or evade very often. If it works like perfection. Then it would be worth a try

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rage Focus is an item property found on weapons that causes the damage inflicted to start off below -40% of the weapon's base damage but steadily rises until it is +20%. I can surpass the 300% damage cap. In effect, initial damage is lower than normal, but eventually reaches a point where the attacks are higher than otherwise possible before the cycle ends and then begins to repeat.

Overall, the effect of the property is to give more cumulative damage when used than when not, with less damage initially and then more damage conclusively.

Information was taken from UO Guide. It doesn't reset like perfection. It works just like the Spell Focusing Sash.

They are hard to obtain, since they only spawned during the Bane Chosen event.

I found a few in one of my old character bank box. Unfortunately, it's not a shard I play anymore.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found out the Bestial Armor not so great now. When it first launched the Devs did a poor balancing job. As a end result once 8 seconds go by and you take no damage you loose Bessemer mode. The following 8 seconds after that all your healing is negated by half. It also has a 60 second cool down.

You can imbue it, but I don't know if you can PoF it.

Focusing Gem of the Virtue Bane got my hands on some. You can use them and put a 6th property of focus on a weapon, but it becomes brittle. The bad news according to the buff icon your first hit on a target starts off at -50% damage. Not worth it for normal mobs, or if you have to switch targets on the fly. Pretty much worthless on Balrons or any lesser mob.

Conclusion: Only useful against named monster, peerless, boss mobs, and some paragon's.