• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few odd questions about archers

G

So i just started an archer. And my stat cap is at 240. so what should i put my stats into, currently its at 90/100/50. How much would it cost to get a stat increase? Can someone help me please

C

Connor_Graham

First off, you should move 25 of your Int to Dex. You need max Dex for Archery or you'll be shooting way too slow, even with high SSI. A +25 stat increase scroll runs around 3mil or so, depending on shard.

G

ok. Then in that case of me having 25 mana, What would be good spells to cast to kill things in doom?

C

Connor_Graham

This is where having a good Demon & Undead slayer with Mana Leech comes in, mana increase & mana regen on your armor, and Int increase on jewels & armor (Stormgrip gives 8 Int bonus), along with converting to being an Elf for the extra 20 mana. Try to honor 1 thing in every other room or so and you'll be fine. My elven archer has 87 mana & 6 MR, with a base of 30 Int, so it's really not that hard to get up there. As long as I can honor something in every other room, I'm set for mana, and rarely run out. I normally only run out of mana when I'm soloing one of the bosses.

G

When your saying honor a creature. your refering the the busido spell Honorable Execution right? and what exactly does that do. i can not get a straight answer on that

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you dont state what your skills are..

you say you have 240 stats? thats already +10

the most important thing is dex, 125 is on the lower usefull side.
dex affects your shooting speed as well as your healing speed.

you can try to get armor parts that add to your base stats.
first, spirit of totem bear mask. +20 str
second, rune beetle carapace, +10 int
third, gloves of the pugilist +8 dex
fourh, leggings of bane +8 dex
fith, jackal`s collar +15 dex
this gives you 61 more to work with.

you now have 301 stats.

with 301 stats i would run
110 str
150 dex
41 int

of course if you take off your armor your stats go away.. this is the only down side.

give yourself a heavy or reg cross bow elemental slayer type or demon if you can find one.. with mana leach close to 40% and no less then 30 SSI.
some jewelerly with 25% DI each with some HCI or DCI plus some resists.
some good sleeves with some MR or whatever you can find that fill in the spots with less then 60 on resists.

and your set.

your armor resists would look something like this.

sleeves and jewels it wouldnt be too hard to get everything in the mid 60s.
the main ones are psy, fire, and energy for doom.
with 3 second heals it really doesnt matter much..

G

Ahh sweet. Thants a ton of help. Do either of you play atlantic, and want to hook a poor man up LOL. Well how much would all of that run for?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

When your saying honor a creature. your refering the the busido spell Honorable Execution right? and what exactly does that do. i can not get a straight answer on that

[/ QUOTE ]

No, when I refer to honoring an opponent, I'm referring to using the virtue "Honor", which can either be accessed via the virtue gump, or even better, by setting up a 2 key macro in the UO options macro menu. The macro is "Use Virtue" "Honor". Make sure to use a 2 key as there is a conflict with "last target" that can cause you to embrace your own honor, which uses up an entire dot of hard earned Honor. With Bushido, it allows you to build up levels of Perfection, up to 10, with each level giving you 10% damage increase at GM Bushido, along with 100 luck per level, with the max in each being 100% DI and 1000 Luck. If you miss your target, you drop 3 levels of Perfection.

The only 2 Bushido spells an Archer uses are Lightning Strike and Confidence.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Ahh sweet. Thants a ton of help. Do either of you play atlantic, and want to hook a poor man up LOL. Well how much would all of that run for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'm on Pacific, so the artie prices will be a bit different than your shard, but the Rune Beetle Carapace seems to run around 2.5mil, Jackals around 7mil, Spirit of the Totem around 5mil, Leggings of Bane around 1mil, Stormgrip (rather than gloves of the Pugilist for the 8 INT &amp; 25% DI rather than the Dex and 15% DI) around 1.5mil. There's also the Ring of the Vile which has 8 Dex on it, which I use on my Archer now that runs around 2mil.