• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Diabolist's Den (EM Static Quest - Additional Information)

EM Dramnar

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Today at 7 PM EST "A Diabolist's Den" static event quest has gone live!
Things you should know about this quest:
1. Not every oracle's responses come from direct words they say. If they ask a question, you might want to respond as you would to a normal person. I will, Yes, No, Where is...
2. You MUST do the quest in order.
3. The quest can only be fully completed once per account.
4. You can insure things you get along the way; This is a GOOD idea because if you don't, you can lose them and cannot get another.
5. Read any and all signs in RED or books in RED. These are absolutely vital!
6. When you refer to people, some of them have titles. Some people will only respond if you use the title that person has been awarded with.
7. There is danger along this quest, and you will be expected to hold your own. You may (or may not) need assistance at various parts from other questgoers depending on how skilled or capable you are.
8. If an NPC tells you to say "Jimbo gave you directions" you should tell the next NPC "Jimbo gave me directions"
9. Some people speak in dialects, and respond best if you use the same bizarre accents. Others do not. Try thoroughly!
10. If you find anything that looks like it may be worth keeping for later.. chances are it is worth keeping for later!
11. Now, if you've read all that, the quest begins at Gelen the Healer at the Yew Healer's Hut. Remember, Greetings is the most common form of hello in Britannia!
Have fun!

EM Dramnar

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Oh, and one more thing..!

The tuition form quest is not involved with this one.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I have to admit, I'm rather annoyed. After the fest, I kept my main on Pacific until last night, getting everything set for xsharding everyone's stuff to Chessie. As there was nothing posted here about this quest having ended, and with part 2 not scheduled until tonight, I assumed that there'd be enough time for me to finish part 1 and be ready to pick up with part 2 tonight.

Only thing is, I'm told that part 1 was turned off after the first two weeks, or so it was apparently said at the last HOC. Problem is, again, there is nothing posted *anywhere* about this. I just spent 30 minutes in Doom trying to figure out what I could possibly be doing wrong trying to get the item from the graveyard so I could proceed with the quest, before I was told by one of the governors that it was turned off.

Why would part 1 be turned off before part 2 starts? All the clickies are still there, they just no longer function. So now, presumably, not having the rose, I am also prevented from taking part in part 2 (and 3, 4, etc)?

Not happy. :(

Brian

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know how you feel Brian, I left for vacation at the end of November thinking i would complete the quest when i returned. Granted I could have done the quest before I left, and had i known we only had 2 weeks to do it, i would have. I figured with the clickies having a 4 week timer... we had 4 weeks to complete it. Silly me.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Exactly; it came out the night I was packing and xsharding to the fest on Pacific. Time was very tight, and I made those same assumptions based on the timer - I just couldn't spare those several hours *plus* get packed and xsharded to Pacific in time. So I planned to get back in time to still be able to do the quest before the next step, based on all information made publicly available.