• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Big Fish On A Little Island; Vote Fer Nemo, Mateys!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yaaargh, are ye sick of the lack of attention paid to the anglin' arts by the King and his Council? Art thou tired of havin' thy pants purloined, or yer fishin' rods bent into bows fer archery contests by yer so called Governors of Skara Brae? Then what ye wants is a new tiller at the wheel!

Yes, vote fer Nemo Herringwary fer Governor instead! You'll be dead impressed by him, I swear. So impressed, he'll drag ya to sea to tackle violent crustaceans if ye votes fer him!

Don't think of it as a bribe, or an excuse to use up me bait, or even a violation of yer civil rights, narrgh mateys think of it as gettin' yer required daily dose of fresh sea air and a healthy diet full o'Omega 3! And anyone who sails with Nemo on his adventures will get a fancy title, so his chums can find ye in the pubs again later and get the loot back off ye...

What's more, Nemo promises to deal with the real pressing issues of Skara Brae; are ye sick of the sight of bears eatin' all yer local fish stocks as I is mateys? Does the image below fill ye full of loathing and hatred?

Too right it does! So Nemo promises to not just have killed any bear that comes to Skara Brae, but also to ban anyone from wearin' bear hats on the island! We can't take no chances with these hairy landlubbers, even on someone's head it could be a cunning plan to get at our cod!

What's more, Nemo will demand the King do something to address our dwindlin' piscine stocks. Perhaps he can cast Vas An Trout or somethin'. We'll see what the good fer nuthin' Royal Matey agrees too.

Nemo also promises to attend every council meeting he can get too; unless there's a real big 'un on his fishin' line, in which case yer'll just have to go yerself. Ye wouldn't want it to get away now, would ye?!

He might also listen to yer complaints an' suggestions, and pretend to agree to spend the cities coffers on somethin' other than fishin'.

So ye know where to cast thy bait... I mean vote, me buckos! Not on some mad man who steals yer pants; yer don't want any whales bitin' on yer exposed worms now do ye?! Nor on a Governor who thinks yer can face down an enraged cuttlefish from hell with some wimpy archery. There's only one thing the surroundings o'Skara Brae appreciates, and that's a dose o'cannon fire up the cloaca! And I'm just the matey to give it to 'em!

VOTE NEMO HERRINGWARY FER GOVERNOR!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as an owner of a rl bear onesie and a lover of all things bear anda wearer of a bear hat I don't see what the problem is. where the mariners go is deep water and a bear will not go that deep

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yer would have the people of Skara Brae go without shallow water fish would ye missy?! Not on my watch! We'll have no poachin' o'perch and other tasty fish by those big hairy beasties! What ye does in yer own nautical naughty time is yer own business, dress up as a bear if ye must, just keep it in the home and keep bear hands off the halibut!

(Herring however is shifty as the tides and we have to be wary o'them...)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Naaargh, now I has the Skara seat, we'll be doin' somethin' about those bears, matey! We'll make onesies of them!

As a reward fer yer votes, and ignorin' that scoundrel Escaflowne, we'll be seeing about buffs fer Skara Brae soon. Don't be expectin' Nemo to be payin' fer it though, he's skint! What do ye lubbers be wantin' as a buff though?