• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A “Chicken-hearted” Pirate?!!!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of these NPC Boss pirate names… are flat out stupid. They all look the same, act the same… fight the same. But what about what happened Sunday, when my uncle and I were out hunting them?

After successfully teaching him the fine art of pirate hunting… we were out for special loot, not the bounties. We set up shop in the only pirate hunting area I know, someplace near the jungles… someplace near Jhelum, I guess. I know the area well. I have served as a cannoneer on 2 other boats and have successfully seen several dozens of outlaws captured. This was different… we just wanted the loot. To get the loot, find the ships… fight the ships… all enemy hands must be dispatched.

The first ship… not a practically difficult one. The challenge was to get the new captain to learn the difference between his left and his right. Thankfully this pirate boat wasn’t exactly maneuvering crazy, like they do. The ship fell… looted, on to the next. The 2nd ship was one of those crazy maneuvering ones… very difficult to sink our shots in where I wanted them. Eventually, they fell like the last. The 3rd ship fell like clockwork. Nothing special in the line of loot, but we were well on our way. The 4th ship… a good size crew, not difficult at all as we attacked and they couldn’t hold their ground. They ran. They ran… and ran… and ran, but cannonball after cannonball… ripped into their wooden hull. The mystery started as the enemy ship was crippled.

As originally spotted… this 4th enemy ship lay dead in the water… the cannon went silent… the big dog came forward to board the boat and attack what was left of the pirate crew. To my shock… only 1 badly wounded orc bomber lay cowering, as far away from our ship as he could go. The dog ate him in a single bite. Missing… the pirate boss. There wasn’t much room to hide on this boat! Still, he was gone. We made a quick job looting, a short conversation about how confusing this whole thing went… we packed up and headed out for kill 5 of the evening.

Then… ship 5 comes into view. We prepare for battle. A red name spotted… we know the fight is on. Confusion… the ship is already dead in the water. This was another pirate ship… not to be confused with the ruined hulls left to drift as careless hunters leave their boats to be target practice by pirates. The only soul on the boat… the very same pirate boss we were just chasing on the last boat, the 4th boat of the evening. Yes… he JUMPED SHIP!!! As his boat was fleeing our attack… we must have passed near enough by that the boss decided to run away from the definite dispatch at the teeth of the big dog. Never seen anything like it before. A Chicken-hearted Pirate! Not like it saved his yellow neck. We dealt him an honorable death, if he liked it or not.

May the seas run yellow with the blood of these pirates!!