• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] 95.1 skill and easy

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a ball of knowledge in my pack. The ball had been saying optimal until I turned 95.1, Now it says easy. Is open sea fishing no longer challenging from here on up?

Dexterslab

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Copied from UOGuide
"Crystal Ball of Knowledge
If you have a Crystal Ball of Knowledge, turn it on and try out different fishing locations until the ball reports "Optimal" difficulty. It will let you know exactly where the optimal spots are. The distance is about one step further away from land every 5 skill points. Once you reach 95.1, it will only ever say "Easy" even in deep water.
Expect to catch around 3,800 fish to go from 50 to 100 skill(as well as plenty of nets, treasure maps, white pearls, delicate scales and footwear) while using the crystal ball under optimal conditions. If you just go straight to deep water after 85 without using a crystal ball, you may unknowingly be fishing in slightly over-challenging areas, slowing the rate of skillgain. "

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did forget to include my current location when I was getting those messages. I was totally in blue water with no land in sight anywhere. I can see this is going to be a hunt and search mission from here on out. Thanks for the post on the ball. I hadn't read any of that before.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made GM Saturday and I am still getting easy readings at 102.5 just surface fishing. The only different reading I have seen since the first easy is a very easy South of Bucs Den. I haven't tried a dungeon yet, I did go buy a dozen more traps though and should go find one just for the heck of it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made GM Saturday and I am still getting easy readings at 102.5 just surface fishing. The only different reading I have seen since the first easy is a very easy South of Bucs Den. I haven't tried a dungeon yet, I did go buy a dozen more traps though and should go find one just for the heck of it.
Gains come fairly quickly lobster/crab fishing, I suggest you buy a few hundred traps instead of a dozen. Put them out in a line of 100 while moving slowly, let them sit for 10 minutes, go back and pick them up. Rinse and repeat and you'll get lots of gains, figure out the most efficient way of doin the "Deadliest Catch" lines and you'll have a lot of crabs and lobsters for your fishing quests, which I assure you, you will need.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember you can still gain at "easy". It's the next step after it where you can't gain.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Start fishing up ASOS thats how i gained from 100+