• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

80 Resisting Spell skill points for Warior question

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The question is how much Resisting Spell is needed for wariors in PVM. I run pure paladin setup with 100 Resisting Spells all the time. I was thinking if 80 Resisting Spells would be enought so i could move those extra 20 skill points to Tatctics or somewhere else. If formula is correct i won't lose a lot of DMG reduction points by duing that. I also wonder how long spells will last at 80 Resisting Spells. Maybe i can lower it to even 60? People mostly use 100, 120 for PVP or none (sampires), or use stones to switch with Anatomy (but still 100 or 120). Didn't found solution of this problem on web. Any ideas? I will try to check it on Test Center.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
At 80.0 Resist, I typically get 6% reduction in stats from stat reducing spells from Joe average daemon. Most ice elemental stat reduction spells fizzle.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did small check on in test shard. At 0 Spell Resisting i got like 15% reduction in stats from Lions. On 80 and 100 i got like 4-7% - i didn't see difference.

Froum uoguide we can read that percentage reduction of Blood Oath at 100 skill is 15%, and at 80 skill is 14%., not much difference. I think i will test it on my main character on some bosses like Stygian Dragon, Wywern [Renoved] or Deceit Champion Spawn. For me it's important because my character is made by different way (will publish it soon). I cannot just swich Resisting Skills with another skill depending on spawn. So i can use it from 0 to 100.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 120 RS and o anat on my sampire and love it....makes survival a lot easier when dealing with casters.... Let's face it almost all the big stuff casts on you...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I only find resist necessary with necro casters that use blood oath. I go 120 or nothing typically. When I have 0 resist, I run in protection so my casting is not interrupted. Mana Vamp is the only downside. I mitigate debuffs by having enough stamina to avoid falling down a swing speed tick and using Remove Curse (as necessary).

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There are also enchanted apples which can be used to remove course and those cannot be interrupted. It's very comfortable in battle for paladin when we don't need Remove Course from Chivalry. Down side of those is that 30sec delay. Anyway thanks a lot for help i will try out 80 Resisting Spells on my char.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Resist are mostly helpful against Blood Oath and Mana Drain... when enhanced apples can't help.
I believe that a dexxer without Healing skill need (Resisting + Mana >= 160).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only find resist necessary with necro casters that use blood oath. I go 120 or nothing typically. When I have 0 resist, I run in protection so my casting is not interrupted. Mana Vamp is the only downside. I mitigate debuffs by having enough stamina to avoid falling down a swing speed tick and using Remove Curse (as necessary).
I have multiple sampires (got tired of using stones) that have templates and armor for specific encounters.

Honestly, I worry more about mana drain than I do blood oath.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heh, i remember when Resist Spells skill was mandatory for both PvM and PvP. I miss it's ability to resist direct damage spells :(