• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

8 Root Soup and the Naked Leprechaun

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all! And thank you for a very enjoyable evening!

I greatly appreciated the help gathering ingredients for my 8 root soup, an Old Sosarian Recipe (yummy). I hope it wasn't too difficult a task.

I apologize for the snags in the beginning, as everyone was handing me things from pumpkins to bowls of corn (and my pack quickly became overrun with things) and it was my first time being a part of an event.

Thank you Fern Goodfellow for bringing me empty bags and feeding Gabrielle the Baker all the extra stuff. (I am sorry Kemer did not show up for you). And for helping Eeyore.

Thank you Ceno for the ode, I shall cook for thee anytime! Zackarias - what an awesome idea, Nicholas The Old, Wildstar and anyone else I may have missed.

Sleath looked adorable In his Lucky wear. And the only thing that could have possibly made this any better would have been to have Xel skinny dipping in the sake pond.

Good job all. Special mention to Fyieri Fyre (know I spelled that first part wrong) she was the only one to bring me wasabi!

The 8 roots for 8 Root Soup (there are 9 that I found in our land) - turnip, onion, garlic, ginger, ginseng, carrot, mandrake, potato and wasabi!

Be Well!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for helping, Lady Magdalena! We couldn't have done it without your special touch. *Bows*

Also, everyone who took screenshots for the event, please PM them to me. WildStar and I are going to prepare a write up for the news.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to be part of this event and had a total blast. You all did a wonderful job and I'm glad I was able to make it online in time to be a part of it. The BSR was held right after and that just topped off a wonderful evening of fun, friends and laughter. I do love Baja!!!!!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could've attended this one, but I had family coming over at the time (they were still on the road), and during the Fire and Ice event, I literally had a lot of good stuff on the grill. I can multi-task like that, and I cook a mean BBQ :D. I know I went overboard on the food for the family, but hey, I'm all for variety, and leftovers are always a plus!

The 8 Root Soup and the Naked Leprechaun sounds like a huge success and much props and sake shots to those who got it together as well as those who were fortunate enough to attend. :thumbup: Magdalena's chef skills are legendary, so the soup probably tasted faaaantastic!

For the Naked Leprechaun event, was everyone nude and the leprechaun wasn't, was the leprechaun nude and everyone else was dressed, or was everyone just nude? Inquiring minds want to know. Wait, wha...??? :love:

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harlan said:
I know how to take them but not PM them.
Harlan, you can email the pictures to me. My email address is either...

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks, man! *Smiles*

Mama Faith said:
I was able to be part of this event and had a total blast. You all did a wonderful job and I'm glad I was able to make it online in time to be a part of it. The BSR was held right after and that just topped off a wonderful evening of fun, friends and laughter. I do love Baja!!!!!
*Laughs*

Where we're you, Mama Faith? You never made it to the last leg of the event. The volunteers were all in party-chat togeather, betting on who would arrive first.

Sleath: Hrm... I am betting on that Kai. Hooded Shroud of Shadows? Hawt!
Ceno: Well, you know who I am betting for! Pandora, for the win!...
Nicholas: No, no you guys! Mama Faith is on a roll!
WildStar: You guys underestimate my man Shovel!
Sphinx: Help!... Mama Faith and Eeyore have me pinned against a tree!
Lucky: Pfft... We all know Fyeria Fyre is going to win!
Sleath: Well, you know who I am betting for. Nick, I raise you two of Xel's Fingers, and Bucko's Straw Hat.
Nicholas: And I raise you one of Oriana's ears. Ha!

Oriana, if Sleath comes to collect later today, I am sorry. :D

Xel the Wanderer said:
I wish I could've attended this one, but I had family coming over at the time (they were still on the road), and during the Fire and Ice event, I literally had a lot of good stuff on the grill. I can multi-task like that, and I cook a mean BBQ . I know I went overboard on the food for the family, but hey, I'm all for variety, and leftovers are always a plus!
Ha, thats where we all should've been yesterday afternoon. Hanging out with Xel!

Xel the Wanderer said:
For the Naked Leprechaun event, was everyone nude and the leprechaun wasn't, was the leprechaun nude and everyone else was dressed, or was everyone just nude? Inquiring minds want to know. Wait, wha...???/
The poor leprechaun fell victim to a miss placed "Des Nudi" spell. Ceno can fill you in on all the juicy details, since he was responsible for Lucky's plight.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't figure out the "city of Justice" clue to save my soul. I was quite frustrated but then decided to keep at it until I was told the event was over. It was all so much fun that winning didn't even come into the equation for me. I just love these events.

Poor Sphinx! Eeyore and I were having so much fun with her. I still think that "silence" clue came from Oriana. She's the only one I know who quotes, "silence is golden but duct tape is silver". :lick: Good job all of you and I can't wait for the next event!! You're all winners in my book. :bowdown:

Btw...could anyone teach me that "Des Nudi" spell? I think that could come in handy while in the heat of battle. Muwahahahaha

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must...learn...Des Nudi Spell!!! :love: Better yet, if I could perfect the Des Nudi Spell and upgrade to Vas Des Nudi (Mass Undressing and/or Mass Nudity Spell!), I believe that it would bring peace and prosperity to the Kingdom! I must explore the possibilities and focus my full attention to this endeavor. *takes sake shot* After I have some sake and edamame. Oh, and after I have a dip in the hot springs. And after I give Zelda (my Herald) a task to retrieve some imported sake from Zento. And after I purchase more fish steaks from Millie. And after I get more gingerbread cookies from Magadelana. Oh, and there's that massage that I have scheduled in Felucca from that woman who lives in Trinsic. And after I stop looking at Tyler's home and vendors near the Yew moongateOkay, I forgot what I was going to do now. Dang! :wall:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering where that hat had disappeared to.....:dunce:

Harlan, you can email the pictures to me. My email address is either...

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks, man! *Smiles*

*Laughs*

Where we're you, Mama Faith? You never made it to the last leg of the event. The volunteers were all in party-chat togeather, betting on who would arrive first.

Sleath: Hrm... I am betting on that Kai. Hooded Shroud of Shadows? Hawt!
Ceno: Well, you know who I am betting for! Pandora, for the win!...
Nicholas: No, no you guys! Mama Faith is on a roll!
WildStar: You guys underestimate my man Shovel!
Sphinx: Help!... Mama Faith and Eeyore have me pinned against a tree!
Lucky: Pfft... We all know Fyeria Fyre is going to win!
Sleath: Well, you know who I am betting for. Nick, I raise you two of Xel's Fingers, and Bucko's Straw Hat.

Ha, thats where we all should've been yesterday afternoon. Hanging out with Xel!

The poor leprechaun fell victim to a miss placed "Des Nudi" spell. Ceno can fill you in on all the juicy details, since he was responsible for Lucky's plight.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I still think that "silence" clue came from Oriana. She's the only one I know who quotes, "silence is golden but duct tape is silver". :lick:
It's nice to know that even when I'm away people still think of me lol.

F

Fyiera Fyre

My my... this event was fantastic and uber awesome! I had such a blast!
I spent many times returning to the previous place to get the clues again!

The 8 root soup was interesting... my first guess was 8 reagents which brought me down to two mandrake & ginseng, so then I figured it had to be vegetables... then I stumped and was trying so hard to figure out what else in UO could possibly be a "root" thus WASABI!!! it was worth the shot and got me to the next phase. But mind you Maggy, I gave you garlic in my first bag and you said no!!
Then came the tavern guy, sorry dont remember your name! Could not figure out what he wanted to get the next part, yet he kept saying he was thirsty! So I offered to buy him a drink and viola next phase complete!
Ahh yes,, the library and the books.... embarrassing! Frankly I did not know about "inscription" or how it functioned until after 5 minutes of trying to type 5 books!
Then Sleath, easy as pie! Of all things a dark elf could ask for would be bone and flesh! Mind you I had the heart in my bag already and had bone in my bank from gathering resources earlier that day! Yes I do carry flesh and bone majority of the time... it brings me comfort to know it is not my own...
That clue took forever!! I mean I would leave and had to come back again maybe 6 times to have him tell me the clue once more... I thought hard and harder about the "City of Justice" and ran around YEW looking for a damn tavern!!! Then I ran through The juka city looking for some secluded spot that Nicholas could possibly be hiding from the Jukas and finally after 10 minutes and just decided to give up I see down to the South!!
Nicholas the old was fairly easy and it took me a moment to think of a clean joke to tell to the Old man. Which my joke turned into a disaster, because I believe he didn't know I had finished it!
On my way back to Lucky I was very excited to have all the pieces and then was devastated to have to go find Samarian to get a fry pan! I checked every town smith and thought well where could it possibly be, I heard a clue said Britian Smith so I checked both of them and it wasnt until after the contest ended that I discovered there was a Smith inside Britian's Castle! I mean common serious.... Who Puts a SMITH in a Castle?!?!!
Either way I had a great time and would enjoy doing stuff like this again! After returning from a 5-year World of Warcraft binge, nothing in comparison could compare to the orginazation and dedication of the players that put together this fun event! Thank you guys for being awesome!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my way back to Lucky I was very excited to have all the pieces and then was devastated to have to go find Samarian to get a fry pan! I checked every town smith and thought well where could it possibly be, I heard a clue said Britian Smith so I checked both of them and it wasnt until after the contest ended that I discovered there was a Smith inside Britian's Castle! I mean common serious.... Who Puts a SMITH in a Castle?!?!!
*laughs*
Well....the reasoning would be if the castle were ever to be attacked...they have smiths there ready to make weapons! or repair them!

Most people dont know about that smith shop but that would have been the first place I would have looked because:
A) I know of that shop
B) I use to steal from Lord Brit castle and sell the armor/weapons to that shop =P

S

Sleath

First I'd like to thank everyone that participated... Secondly I'd like to thank everyone who came up with the idea... Don’t know whose idea it was specifically but great job...
By far the most fun I’ve had in a long time…
I can’t wait to see what’s next…
I know the Dark Tower is thinking something very Romanesque….

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir Zackarias of Dawn (also known as Lucky the Leprechaun) was the mastermind who came up with the event. I merely organized it, and contacted the folks involved.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I'd like to thank everyone that participated... Secondly I'd like to thank everyone who came up with the idea... Don’t know whose idea it was specifically but great job...
By far the most fun I’ve had in a long time…
I can’t wait to see what’s next…
I know the Dark Tower is thinking something very Romanesque….
Really...? *Curious*