• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] 700 mils by 1 mil checks...

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone wants to make some cool decos? I have tons of 1 mils checks....icq me if u want

300 153 673

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good, I will have to move them manually to my bank then. I hate life

InfernO will come to get you

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
clear your bank - put 124m into a bag - drop on bank - does the same trick...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whys it a secret to mkake a check...who gives a monkeys toss... they cant be xsharded so they cant be duped... 1m checks are lame

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
saying that ill up Zandors bid to 275m for the 700 x 1m checks....lest have some fun with this

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehehe guys Since nobody wanted them I manually put them in my bank :))

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure what the process is to make new checks, but if it's an exploit please don't post it here. That would be against the Stratics rules and a moderator would have to delete the post and send a warning for it.

If it's not an exploit, posting it here is fine though.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
take vendor with another account not the owner house and pay the vendor with 10m exemple and not put yes at renew and in few days the vendor go in sign house and after few hours the vendor go in crate house and you win millino check :)

Chanel #1

Adventurer
not exploit when u have vendor rental and go in crate house and the vendor is loaded million but all check go in crate house :)
This is correct. Many player's vendors dropped at my house, and I had billions in gold to give back to people in check form. Very easy to reproduce and not an exploit.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whys it a secret to mkake a check...who gives a monkeys toss... they cant be xsharded so they cant be duped... 1m checks are lame
What makes you think that because they cant be transferred that they couldn't be duped?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, let's just say they'd be a lot harder to dupe, given that most dupes I've heard about (after they stopped working) in the past decade involved shard xfers.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes you think that because they cant be transferred that they couldn't be duped?
wrote above...most dupes DID involve shard transfers...so yah i dont think checks can be duped anymore....LEST be honest that was the whole point of the newdigital gold system ....WAS IT NOT

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a vendor contract is not renewed, cuz u forgot ( and u curse yourself) , u will find his contents in The moving crate

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wrote above...most dupes DID involve shard transfers...so yah i dont think checks can be duped anymore....LEST be honest that was the whole point of the newdigital gold system ....WAS IT NOT
Dupes were happening in this game long before shard transfers were possible... LONG BEFORE.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dupes were happening in this game long before shard transfers were possible... LONG BEFORE.
care to enlighten us how...its prety well publicsised the shard transfer dupes.....and the TRILLIONS of gold checks that were deleted etc etc due to the xshard dupe......hence the new digital monetry system......comments higher up confirm this...iam all ears to your LONG BEFORE dupes

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
care to enlighten us how...its prety well publicsised the shard transfer dupes.....and the TRILLIONS of gold checks that were deleted etc etc due to the xshard dupe......hence the new digital monetry system......comments higher up confirm this...iam all ears to your LONG BEFORE dupes
There was duping in the very first month of UO's existence, and it never went away. Making gold checks non-transferrable definitely helped a lot, but I highly doubt it stopped it completely.

Merus is completely right that there was duping long before shard transfers existed. Based on what I've heard from some of the dupers themselves, it was more difficult to do it back then but was certainly possible.

One of the ways they used to do it way back then (it has not worked for like 16+ years) was that they would get someone to put a pile of 60k gold in their backpack, and then have 2 mages simultaneously cast poison and explosion on them. If they timed it correctly, the explosion and poison damage would happen at the same time and kill the person. Then when the person went and got resurrected for some bizarre reason their backpack would be completely filled with piles of 60k gold which also put them way over the maximum weight limit.

That information came directly from one of the oldschool dupers who used to do it. I'm assuming that dupe was discovered by accident during pvp, but who knows where they find out how to do that type of stuff.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was duping in the very first month of UO's existence, and it never went away. Making gold checks non-transferrable definitely helped a lot, but I highly doubt it stopped it completely.

Merus is completely right that there was duping long before shard transfers existed. Based on what I've heard from some of the dupers themselves, it was more difficult to do it back then but was certainly possible.

One of the ways they used to do it way back then (it has not worked for like 16+ years) was that they would get someone to put a pile of 60k gold in their backpack, and then have 2 mages simultaneously cast poison and explosion on them. If they timed it correctly, the explosion and poison damage would happen at the same time and kill the person. Then when the person went and got resurrected for some bizarre reason their backpack would be completely filled with piles of 60k gold which also put them way over the maximum weight limit.

That information came directly from one of the oldschool dupers who used to do it. I'm assuming that dupe was discovered by accident during pvp, but who knows where they find out how to do that type of stuff.
I would say this, just in pure theory... Making gold into a number on the account feasible made duping gold checks better for the dupers. Here is why:

With the old system there was a storage limitation on how much gold you could functionally store. Yes, with a castle full of vendors each at two billion, that amount is quite high, but still hit a limit. Now if you can dupe checks you just drop the extra in the bank and poof... no more storage issue...

The only real way converting gold to a number would have ultimately helped the duping of gold would have been to forcibly remove ALL checks. By allowing checks to remain in game, anyone who wanted to keep duping checks just filled up a house with checks prior to the conversion. This thread is evidence of that... in NO WAY am in implying that the OP is duping anything, just evidence of the fact that people made lots and lots of checks prior to the conversion.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I couldn't tell you how... never duped an item in UO... EVER.

But I can tell you that I played from 1998 to 2003. If memory serves me correctly, shard transfers don't seem like they came out until toward the end of that stretch... but the issue of duping was always present.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say this, just in pure theory... Making gold into a number on the account feasible made duping gold checks better for the dupers. Here is why:

With the old system there was a storage limitation on how much gold you could functionally store. Yes, with a castle full of vendors each at two billion, that amount is quite high, but still hit a limit. Now if you can dupe checks you just drop the extra in the bank and poof... no more storage issue...

The only real way converting gold to a number would have ultimately helped the duping of gold would have been to forcibly remove ALL checks. By allowing checks to remain in game, anyone who wanted to keep duping checks just filled up a house with checks prior to the conversion. This thread is evidence of that... in NO WAY am in implying that the OP is duping anything, just evidence of the fact that people made lots and lots of checks prior to the conversion.
indeed many many peole made duped checks ..some were caught some were not... but the gold check dupe did indeed involve xsharding and the checks are now shard bound... so to be me the issue is fixed... maybe duping other items not involving xsharding wont be fixed

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if u have fears checks are still beeing duped i suggest u message mesanna and the team... iam pretty confident the issue is closed