+5 or +10 fishing power scroll

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Sorry if this has been asked before. I have looked around for the answer, but I am still a bit in the dark.

I just reactivated and I have a fisherwoman with 100 skill.

So how do I get the +5 or +10 ps so I can gain and then go for the bigger orders for the possibility of a 120 ps? At 100 I don't get any quests for the dungeon fish, so there must be some way to get to 106?

Or do I get bigger orders if I have a really big ship?

I am using the points calculator on uoguide.

Thanks!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
You dont need quests for dungeon fishes to get +5 and/or +10 powerscrolls.
I 'just' started doing those quests on my newish fisherman and I got 4 powerscrolls yet. (3* 105 and 1* 110) That was at 110 fishing and doing 100 quests so far. (Actually done 120 quests but still only those 4 powerscrolls.) It is just about your luck with your rewards since powerscrolls are still somewhat rare.
You get bigger orders randomly after you have done a certain amount of those quests and if your ships hold can hold the weight of those orders. Your fine with any of the HS ships. With a classical ship your stuck to small orders but even those could give you a +5. In your worst case you would need to bind a 110 out of 105's. (Actually 105's are not worth reading.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
if all you have is a 105, it is worth reading to get a head start on skill gain to 110. But that's about all.

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for info :)

I do have another question...
Now I've been sitting on this snow crab quest for a while. I just don't seem to catch them. I've gone and had a browse for a bit and I read you should leave the in the water longer or wait for a second bob? Well when I do that, they always disappear even before they bobbed at all. So I am a bit confused as to when to pull up the traps. All of them when 1 bobs? Or only the one that bobs?

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 2, 2004
I put 125 crab nets on the deck of my ship, ask the tillerman to go slow forward and drop all 125 in a row, then ask the tillerman to go back - ignoring all the bobbing that is happening while we are returning to the original spot. Once I get back there I start pulling up the crab nets. You will lose some - depends on the day how many. When you pull them up you will be overloaded but they will just be placed on the deck in a pile - empty, refill and repeat!
Happy Crabbing!

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 24, 2009
ohhhh well there's an idea. I am going to try that (well not the 125, I need practise :)...Thanks!