• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th year Gift

G

<blockquote><hr>

Best I remember, the polite thing to do was NOT WHINE when you got a gift. I could be wrong though

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right !

Another old saying springs to mind "Never look a gift horse in the mouth", you certainly won't want to be looking my 5th anniversary gift in the mouth

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Best I remember, the polite thing to do was NOT WHINE when you got a gift. I could be wrong though

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right !

Another old saying springs to mind "Never look a gift horse in the mouth", you certainly won't want to be looking my 5th anniversary gift in the mouth

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason you don't look a gift horse in the mouth is because you might find the old nag is much older than you expected or wanted. Appropos, very appropos.

Words are everything. Calling these subscriber recognition awards "gifts" makes some of you think about the etiquette of gift giving -- and yes, the polite thing to do is say "thank you" no matter what you really think of the gift.

However, these are not truly "gifts." They are recognitions for subscribers who have paid out $480 for the 4 year gift, and around $600 for the 5 year (more for you non-US subscribers.) These are recognitions for customer loyalty. And, the quality -- or lack thereof -- of loyalty recognitions says alot about how the company feels about the importance of its customers. Enuf said.

G

Or they are symbols and their uniqueness set them and the recipient apart.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Or they are symbols and their uniqueness set them and the recipient apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is true that these items will be for sale to all, that removes the symbolic aspect.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Is that a rumor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it? I was hoping it was. (I'm an optimist.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

However, these are not truly "gifts." They are recognitions for subscribers who have paid out $480 for the 4 year gift, and around $600 for the 5 year (more for you non-US subscribers.) These are recognitions for customer loyalty. And, the quality -- or lack thereof -- of loyalty recognitions says alot about how the company feels about the importance of its customers. Enuf said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you're mistaken. Show me anywhere in any post by a dev that they have not been called gifts, but rather 'recognition' objects, or 'reward' objects. They have always been, and will always be gifts as far as anything I've ever seen reference to, and as such they should be treated like any other gift......as a bonus rather than a requirement. Would a person be disappointed if they didn't get any gifts on their birthday? Probably. Should the same person who hadn't had any gifts for 2 years pancake and complain because the gift they got was something practical like clothes instead of the new CD they wanted? Absolutely not. If they did, they might find themselves not getting any gift again from the person they bitched to.

In your words, 'Nuff said.

G

subscribers who have paid out $480 for the 4 year gift

Actually $0.02 for the gift itself and $479.50 for the fun and pleasure of playing TSO. Total $479.52 ($9.99x48).

G

<blockquote><hr>

subscribers who have paid out $480 for the 4 year gift

Actually $0.02 for the gift itself and $479.50 for the fun and pleasure of playing TSO. Total $479.52 ($9.99x48).

[/ QUOTE ]

Point made, Gamer, as always.....I missed that little quote. If you (the collective you who are complaining) paid $480 just to receive the 4 year gift, then no wonder you're disappointed with the prospect of what it is said we are gonna get. I'm glad the money I paid went for the game itself....I definitely got my money's worth.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Why would you pay $480 for a cheesy gift? You're suppose to play because you think it's fun. I'm surprised anyone would spend that much simply for 1 object! Why, you can go in Offline Sims and create your own 4 year gift for...$40. (the price of the Sims game)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why would you pay $480 for a cheesy gift? You're suppose to play because you think it's fun. I'm surprised anyone would spend that much simply for 1 object! Why, you can go in Offline Sims and create your own 4 year gift for...$40. (the price of the Sims game)

[/ QUOTE ]

$480 = 48 months (4 years) x $10 subscription (rounded up from $9.99/month)

Not $480 at 1 time, $480 over the period of having an account for 48 months at $9.99 a month.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

$480 = 48 months (4 years) x $10 subscription (rounded up from $9.99/month)

Not $480 at 1 time, $480 over the period of having an account for 48 months at $9.99 a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point remains in tact, whether its a lump sum payment, or over 48 months like we're talking about. Dali made the comment that she paid the $480 (in however long) TO receive the gift....so we're asking why anybody would pay that much just to receive the gift, even if it is over 4 year's time. I think most of us pay to play the game, not for the 'goodies, extras or gifts'. Those are bonuses, its just that you must pay the fee for 48 months to receive those bonuses, if and when they are given out. There's nothing in the ToS that says they will be given out on time, on a certain date, or even that they will...so this sense of entitlement is ill-placed, is what we are trying to say.

You're of average intelligence though, so I'm almost certain you knew that and were trying to divert the point arguing OT details.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Yeah, they are called "gifts." Just like when the bank offers you a "gift" to open an account, or you can get a "free gift" for signing up for two years cell phone service. Or, as you know, like when Pogo offers a badge because you've been a customer a certain number of years.

You paid for it, no matter how you look at it. I'm glad you enjoy your "gifts." Did I ever say I wanted to take away your joy?

And don't be silly. You really think I paid $600 to get an anniversary gift? Pffft. That is only what the years of subscriptions paid on each account adds up to. I figured that the logic was clear, but I should know better than to assume.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, they are called "gifts." Just like when the bank offers you a "gift" to open an account, or you can get a "free gift" for signing up for two years cell phone service. Or, as you know, like when Pogo offers a badge because you've been a customer a certain number of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Pogo did give a badge for the first 3 or 4 (not even sure without looking at my badge book) years of service. But, if we don't get a 5th year one, I don't expect people will close accounts in protest, or that we'll see alot of complaining in the rooms if we don't get one.....that's what I meant. And badges *are* the point of a Club Pogo membership, yet I still don't think people would be all that pissed about not getting a special 5th year badge. But objects aren't the premise of TSO. They assist in game mechanics but they are not the crux of it. Why can't you see that this is just much ado about nothing and understand that we'll get an answer when we get one, whether that answer is that the gifts are indeed the cannon, that we won't get any further gifts at all, or that the gifts won't come for another 3 months. You don't have any more control over it than the rest of us do, so I don't understand why you are wasting time getting your feathers ruffled over it instead of enjoying what we already have, or finding something else to enjoy. I don't want to believe you enjoy complaining, but when you continue to do so even in the presence of logical answers and/or lack of the answers you want to hear, what else is there to think?
This is seeming to be less and less about the issues being complained about and more about other things entirely.

<blockquote><hr>

You paid for it, no matter how you look at it. I'm glad you enjoy your "gifts." Did I ever say I wanted to take away your joy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Each post filled with complaint after complaint, from whomever is doing the complaining does chip away some of that joy for alot of people, even if that's not part of the original intent. I know you know this, because it's been said before. The only option therefore, if the person does not want to see the continuous complaints and the complainer refuses to stop, is to put that person on ignore. I've known you for long enough time that I personally don't want to do that with you, because I know that you usually do see reason, so why would I write you off?

<blockquote><hr>

And don't be silly. You really think I paid $600 to get an anniversary gift? Pffft. That is only what the years of subscriptions paid on each account adds up to. I figured that the logic was clear, but I should know better than to assume.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was clear to me, I just wanted YOU to see it. To see that even without the anniversary gift, even if we never get another one ever again, the money we spent on the game is not wasted because of the countless other things we *have* gotten, even in the 2+ years that there were zero updates at all, even without Free Green, or even without holiday items. Yeah, all that stuff is cool, but if what was already there wasn't worth crap, then all you'd have is cooler version of the same crap.....which is why I don't understand how anybody would say they stick around just for the anniversary items, cuz you are not the first person to say that only they actually meant it just like that. I'm glad you do realize though that your $600 is still well spent as things stand

M

mike1977

I guess we wait until we're all in EA-Land so only 1 sim per qualifying account gets them?