• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

48 susp

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saris

for saying "I remeber when they first put concusive blow on axes back in the day. it used to take 1/2 their mana pool. back then axers used to **** mages.

now my question is used in that context, how was I being vulger towrards anyone?

Im sorry if you need to add the word to the bad lanq filter go ahead but I was refering to "AXERS USED TO PWN MAGES WHEN THEY FIRST ADDED THE PROC FOR CUNCUSIVE BLOW"

I just said it in a differnt way.

I hope the GM that suspended me got a chuckle, its not funny to me.

I dont care about the little silly feelings of players that much to watch every word I say, thats why they have a filter damnit.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for saying "I remeber when they first put concusive blow on axes back in the day. it used to take 1/2 their mana pool. back then axers used to **** mages.

now my question is used in that context, how was I being vulger towrards anyone?

Im sorry if you need to add the word to the bad lanq filter go ahead but I was refering to "AXERS USED TO PWN MAGES WHEN THEY FIRST ADDED THE PROC FOR CUNCUSIVE BLOW"

I just said it in a differnt way.

I hope the GM that suspended me got a chuckle, its not funny to me.

I dont care about the little silly feelings of players that much to watch every word I say, thats why they have a filter damnit.
Im offended by this they shoulda perma ban you!

S

Saris

no realy im sure it was cause I had to tell this guy who wanted me to join his guild that I had some guests arive at my house, and had to go afk, he then felt like I owed him some time got pissed and paged on me, he was not offended while we were talking.

Whats bad is they had a GM do thier dirty work.

I was in party chat when i siad that, only one person in my party, I was talking metoophicly about two classes pvping back in the day.

how is that offensive, whats offensive is that he wasted my time and a gms time for this.

Any person with athority with the power to reveiw what happend would find the truth.

Another player wanted to guild me cuase I had xpesive items on me, so he could try and loot me, when I did not bite, he used a gm to have me suspended.

Nifty trick, bravo.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GMs are not supposed to do anything about that... I paged once because someone was being very offensive... like totaly vulgar, and they told me to turn on my family filter, that there was nothing they can do... only repeated spam and offensive *NAMES*...

wth ?

S

Saris

Log of incident: Saris 16:41:37 used to **** mages with axer

There thats what I was banned for in party chat with one person.

offensive?

sorry but thats how ppl talk reminissing of PVP, I ment no offence and the person at the time did not express to me that they were offfended.

E

Escobar_TDT

Unfortunately, there are some words in this game you just can't say regardless in what context is was used in. In this instance, the word "****" got you suspended. Sure it's lame but there's nothing we can do about it.

(Off topic) Have you heard from Dana GM of Evermore?

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, there are some words in this game you just can't say regardless in what context is was used in. ...but there's nothing we can do about it.
Surely there's a game out there that allows individuals to express themselves freely, however they see fit. If not, there oughta be. I suspect it would attract a hardcore following; probably even make a profit :) Who wouldn't be curious about a game named, say, "2nd Amendent."

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saddly, we live in a country of crybabies, if not a planet. Name calling back in the day was for little kids. You ran to mom, and she replied with sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt you.

What happened?? I can see the word **** "bothering" someone who has suffered from such a violent experience........in your case some dweeb used it against you. It sucks, and may you have the liberty to break his nose one day.

Notice how many times we get this here on the forums.....you use a word the wrong way and someone is offended? Back in the day, it was toughen up or see a shrink (no offense to you psychologists out there)

moral of this......trust no one.

S

Saris

(Off topic) Have you heard from Dana GM of Evermore?[/QUOTE]

Yes my old GM, have not talked to her online in a few months though

S

Saris

Surely there's a game out there that allows individuals to express themselves freely, however they see fit. If not, there oughta be. I suspect it would attract a hardcore following; probably even make a profit :) Who wouldn't be curious about a game named, say, "2nd Amendent."
mean like UO back in the day, I miss the mature rating, just cuase folks got offfended you could cut bodies up, you can stilll blackrock your body :p

24 hours left :p

S

Saris

well they squared me away with this

Ever gotten 'spanked' in a guild war? Have you 'owned' players in PvP? In a game like UO, where players from all over the world come together in a society of their own creation, it's common for terminology to evolve into new meanings. Sometimes those words are innocent, like the words above, and sometimes, as in the case of the word '****,' they're not.

The word '****' is not an acceptable term to use in UO, regardless of whether it's being used to mean the act of sexual assault or simply having '****d' someone in PvP (meaning to have won, or dominated, the fight).

Why is there no distinction made? Well, our GMs have no way to discern what someone actually means when they use certain terms, and we will not get into debates as to the intended meaning of terms that are considered offensive by others. So if the word '****' is used and called in as harassment, the player will have their account penalized up to and including termination, regardless of the context.

When talking to other players you don't know, don't assume that they understand your meaning in cases like this. They could be new to the game, or maybe not a native English speaker. In short, please consider your audience when speaking!

I still cry bull****, I dont like the the pc crowd, and I start MO beta soon, so if you guys dont see me for a bit thats why.

I will guess that my meaning was missiterpreted because EA is cheap and outsources every job thy can, and makes me deal with ppl that dont understand my lang.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is sad. Get paged on a private party chat?
That's just way harsh considering I've seen much worse even in front of EM's on general "say" onscreen.

I hear that word thrown around at work constantly (by girls no less). I better watch myself.

S

Saris

Tell ya what IF I ever quit then maybey......but beta testing will require alot of time, in order to do a good job. I dont plan on quiting UO, just taking a small break.

What can I say, I put in for beta in SA, EA dropped the ball, not me.

lol ok now back to whats up, so is it 48 hours the sec you get logged off, or 48 hours at server log?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 48 hours + server lag + paperwork + taxes... thank you !

They should have paid me 20$ an hour to beta test the thing too, while EA came to run the boat... I was finding on average 2-3 bugs a week and also with simple fixes... many of which got implemented while I was a companion. They know I'm good... but did I get a letter or did my application even got reviewed ? I highly doubt it. They saw my account name and pushed the sheet in the paper shredder.

You have to see that there is more to it than meets the eye.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I once saw someone in UO called 'HitlerWasRight'

Just saying.

S

Saris

It just bothers me that I was told, it was the word, that got me. If the word has no way to use it, without breaking the tos, why is it not filtered.

It also bothers me that, someone abused the paging system, and won.

In all my years, I have never been paged on for harrasment, I have never had a "bad mark", always played by the TOS and aways gave ppl crap for breakiing the TOS.

Now I am the bad guy.

with all the cheating, real harrasment, ppl spewing obsenties toward EMS at events, folks unattended in Luna training at the time, along with someone spamming gold for $.

If they person that paged on me would have truley been offended would not they have told me. Havent most of us been told in the past, "before paging on someone, ask them to stop harrasing you".

ps still cant log, lol a few more hours hopefully

S

Saris

well I am back, but in jail. So do I page a gm, or..... just bang my cup on the walls.
edit
Alright free!

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just bothers me that I was told, it was the word, that got me. If the word has no way to use it, without breaking the tos, why is it not filtered.

It also bothers me that, someone abused the paging system, and won.

In all my years, I have never been paged on for harrasment, I have never had a "bad mark", always played by the TOS and aways gave ppl crap for breakiing the TOS.

Now I am the bad guy.

with all the cheating, real harrasment, ppl spewing obsenties toward EMS at events, folks unattended in Luna training at the time, along with someone spamming gold for $.

If they person that paged on me would have truley been offended would not they have told me. Havent most of us been told in the past, "before paging on someone, ask them to stop harrasing you".

ps still cant log, lol a few more hours hopefully
You really are one big crybaby, get over it you broke the rules and got ban it happens.

S

Saris

I think you got pancakes and cryng messed up, crying is what you would do if you ever ran out of ppl to rag on.

I however pancake when I feel screwed over.

I am truly sorry you mom did not like you btw, and hope that by randomly insulting ppl, your life is filled with purpose.

Now if you will exuse me, this thread is done, as I am off the suspension.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets leave moms out of this ok ?

I am angry enough as it is, Xandria thinks justly that I wanna kill myself and it wants revenge on who makes me feel like this.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I once saw someone in UO called 'HitlerWasRight'

Just saying.
I've used "****" in the same context at brit bank years ago, Got paged on, But I talked my way out of it with the gm ( i always seem to get the sensible ones, thank god)

Also Got Paged On for having a character named "Adolf Hitler" Just told me to delete the character within 7 days ;/

[I dont even play anymore. Why am i on these forums. @_@]

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because despite the time away, you are still addicted, there's an expansion coming, and you've got the itch? :D
Very good guess sir, But I must say NAY!

I havent logged on in a year, But for some reason on my favorites bar is stratics, so i habitually click on it from time to time. I rarely find myself posting tho.. Thats why i was like wow when i started to post a reply and realized im on a forum posting for a game I no longer play. :p

But yeah maybe if I didnt sell off my main account i would give Stygian a whirl for a bit.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you got pancakes and cryng messed up, crying is what you would do if you ever ran out of ppl to rag on.

I however pancake when I feel screwed over.

I am truly sorry you mom did not like you btw, and hope that by randomly insulting ppl, your life is filled with purpose.

Now if you will exuse me, this thread is done, as I am off the suspension.
You misspelled crying and excuse, work on your grammar before tossing out personal attacks on someone's mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.