• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

42.0 throwing

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I can't get ANY gains, no matter what... I have thrown at everything... NOTHING gives me gains.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you throwing at? I'm throwing at brown bears and the Crystal ball of knowledge tells me its optimal so the gains are fine.

You realy should get this globe, tells you perfectly if you throwing towards the right monster /animal. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at 52 throwing and for that ettins in Despise are optimal.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you throwing at? I'm throwing at brown bears and the Crystal ball of knowledge tells me its optimal so the gains are fine.

You realy should get this globe, tells you perfectly if you throwing towards the right monster /animal. :)
I have it... Eveyrthing is optimal... I am at 540 skill points, I should be gaining!@

M

MudFace

Do you have a shield equiped? if so try droping the shield,on open beta if you had a shield up while throwing you wouldnt gain for some reason. I dunno if they fixed that for the live version or not but wouldnt hurt to try if you do use a shield

D

Drawde2

Just the standard answers to these types of questions, so sorry if they don't apply in your situation. But these are often the problem.

Do you have any skill points left to gain, or do you have a skill marked to go down for the points? Or did you accidentally mark throwing to not gain?

S

Syndan

Im at 80 throwing and have to say its pretty quick, at 40 i hit up the graveyards first and gained up till about 60, then started on some lizard men, til around 70 or so and just moved up to alternating betweem ogres, trolls, and ettins earth eles to get up to 80. Also i would not wear a shield even at gm parry it still hinders my hits so im still running around without one. I have a little bit of swords skill too it seems to help on the closer hits a good bit.

I've also just been using a boomerang no CW or EOO so i get more hits on a single monster.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like any other weapon skill, your skill gain is based on what you're hitting. Go hit something tougher.

L

Lilweezybaby

My opinion, if you are using a new garg char and stuck at 42 throwing...head out to new haven.

E

Evlar

Has anyone not tried the old Golem trick, as tends to work quite well enough with other weapon skills? :thumbsup:

L

Lilweezybaby

My guildies were using a Cu and gaining throwing off of them...I believe they did use an altered 100 poison wep on a golem to gain the swords to negate the HCI issue.