• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 years I'm back anyone else i know still

• Thread starter sundown198
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

sundown198

Hiya all. I played this game way back when. I think 04 maybe 05 was the last i saw of it. Wondering if anyone still around actually 4 mins after starting back ran into some one from back in the day then saw another on the forums. So wondering if anyone might know any of these names

Darvo settor ammand ferrell
Murdock
Dedguy or D'artagnan
Izzy the fool
Thaqui
John Mcdermot
Doran M
Leela
Moravek
Riley
Hundii Que'yen
Auther Hawking
Dravyne
Silvara Takissis
Stig
Talamia
Tolkien
Woarn of Orolak
Zathos
Raven Estiu

Or any members of the old rp guilds of which i can only remember KaS but leela was gm of one so was silvara and Hundii or Hundii was high up in it

Also there use to be a run libary and vender mall that was run by a girl named opal and a guy named something tony was his icq

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are quite a few names from the old days on that list that I recognize, but don't think any of them are still around.

Welcome back!

S

sundown198

I guess i shoulda added in there i am Elric Wolvesbane from the KaS and had a tamer bard named Cutter Kinseeker

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya all. I played this game way back when. I think 04 maybe 05 was the last i saw of it. Wondering if anyone still around actually 4 mins after starting back ran into some one from back in the day then saw another on the forums. So wondering if anyone might know any of these names

Darvo settor ammand ferrell
Murdock
Dedguy or D'artagnan
Izzy the fool
Thaqui
John Mcdermot - Still around and running the town.
Doran M - Still Brokering though into other games now more heavily
Leela - I keep in touch with her on ICQ but she isn't in game right now
Moravek
Riley - She was in WoW but she is quitting that soon, not coming back to UO though.
Hundii Que'yen
Auther Hawking
Dravyne
Silvara Takissis
Stig
Talamia - She has moved around a lot IRL, I talk to her on ICQ but not sure if she plans on coming back to UO.
Tolkien
Woarn of Orolak
Zathos
Raven Estiu

Or any members of the old rp guilds of which i can only remember KaS but leela was gm of one so was silvara and Hundii or Hundii was high up in it

Also there use to be a run libary and vender mall that was run by a girl named opal and a guy named something tony was his icq
Opal and Tony have long since departed UO. They ran "TLT or Travel Lodge" and that has since disappeared too...

S

sundown198

Travel Lodge that was the name of that place. Tell rily to say hi some time i remembered my old icq number. What was the name of johns guild was celtic i member that couldnt understand a damn word any of em said

S

sundown198

well old uo pics at he fall of the kas i had screen shots made some of the guilds
Bedlam
Knights of Yew
Mist of Avalon
Guardians of Virtue
Ancient order of Syr

R

rajadeah

Doran M and Tony from TLT both left the game but both still use the same icq and can be reached that way.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back matey! Visit us at the Red Skull Bay tonight, when we hold the Black Market! Ye still able to handle a boat? Ye can win 5 million in a boat race on Sunday. Check this message board for details!

S

Stig

Hi mate good too see ya again last night, hope ya decide to stay :)

S

sundown198

you going to have to see reading up on the game now as i have no idea what is what or what i need to try and find out but sense i seem to have tons of the 03 04 and 05 xmas gifts and 5th and 6th anniversary stuff ima going to maybe make a winter wonder land

L

LyraDarkstar

Tim!!!

I just came back recently too! I couldn't remember my ICQ password... new icq is 595805323.

Can't remember which char name you would remember the best but I think it should be Lyra Darkstar... Maybe Kalai Terelyn...

How are you doing?

Let me know if you need anything...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi There, yup, me and John McDermmot still alive and kicking. Nice to see you back.
Hundii- gone
Talamia-gone-I think she is playing COH still.
Silvara- gone
Auther-gone
Shoot me an ICQ at 312-213-645, or com by the Knight's Rest in Aegis Tuesday nights at 9 pm est.

Below is the web address of the RP forum
http://catskills-rp-portal.proboards.com/index.cgi

S

sundown198

been a long time wheres the kinghts rest at for some reason im thinking yew but thats wrong im sure

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hugs tight*

Hey stranger!!!!

I haven't read this message board for AGES, don't know why I popped in today....however, I saw your message and just had to reply.

I haven't played UO for a while now. I went back briefly (convinced Podolak to come back then left again....I'm a BAD friend!), it just doesn't hold the same interest for me anymore. The great RP is long gone, and the now RP groups are just different.

Shoot me an ICQ some time 82866172. I get on there occasionally, not very often, but I might more often if I know someone is looking for me.

And just FYI....Leela was never the GM of the GV, Dramora was! Dram was always the troublemaker!

L

LyraDarkstar

I remember Dram too! Ahh the good old days. I assume that Trev Majere is long gone?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knight's Rest is in Aegis. First clearing south of the Yew/Trammel moongate. Old Knight's of Yew land.

C

CatLord

We should have a Gathering there while the return to Britania is on...

We will need lots of wheelchair parking spots, very confortable chairs, wenches (personal request)...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dram is correct. Most of the great RP is gone. A lot of RP tends to revolve around current UO plotlines. The communities that are there seem to exist mostly alone.

We are a bit fragmented with no real foe to fight, so the good guilds tend to just fight one another.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should have a Gathering there while the return to Britania is on...

We will need lots of wheelchair parking spots, very confortable chairs, wenches (personal request)...
And Geritol, lots of Geritol!!

S

sundown198

I am not Hundii I was asking if any of them people were still round I have played this game off and one for about 10 years now a friend was a alpha tester. But thems was the people i remember from the last time i played which was round 04 or 05. I had a couple of RP plots with hundii towards the ends i was one of the GMs of a guild called the Knights of Arcane Steel My chars i really cant go much into i had 7 to 9 accounts over the years normally ran 5 my RP char was either cutter kinseeker or elric wolvesbane

dram n john i still got ya on q my numbers the same 60750145 i just quit useing the pc for a few years and when i cam back vid chats and wow took up my time and icq isnt good to use in wow.

Vivacia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back my friend! You may recognize the name SeDacia. I was in KaS for a short time. I remember some of the names you list but not seen any of them. I have been back in the game for 2+ years after taking about a 2 yr break, STILL learning new stuff. If you need anything my ICQ is the same as before. And if your interested in a guild "GRI" can be found in Haven. They are an ally leader of an alliance that is 35 guilds strong. I am in one of those 35. We are always doing somthing and a guild is great to be a part of when theres so much for a returning vet to learn! Wish I had found them when I returned. Welcome back!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know Elric, for a long time I had the KAS recruitment stone. I kept it in a box inside my house in case anyone ever returned. Unfortunately, during a patch a lot of my stuff went poof. That stone, and the one from my wife's old guild were among the stuff lost.
Send me a tell a message if you are on ICQ. Sometimes I do not seem to be online, but I tend to hide a lot. *grins*

Do you recall Beleg? He was also Green Arrow and Mika'el from KOY. He still plays and has a village next to Aegis.

C

CatLord

We are a bit fragmented with no real foe to fight, so the good guilds tend to just fight one another.
We could all make a foe... and have a character in the evil guild... that way the foe would be everyone and no one... avoiding drama and making people accountable for their actions...

I have a demon ready... a fallen tormtar that is currently possessed.
I'm not much of a rper but I can make people mad... honest I can.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working on that bit of RP as we speak. Though your new foe (yours truly) may not be too powerful at first we'll build up and make it a challenge!

S

sundown198

If there is anyone or podo if your going with a truely evil guild im willing to help. But i dont want some panzified evil im talking back in the day evil.

D

Des

*sneaks in* Hi Sundown. Podo was right. I don't play UO or WoW at the moment. R/L calls and have to take care of things there! I hope your return is great though!

-Riley/Des

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sneaks in* Hi Sundown. Podo was right. I don't play UO or WoW at the moment. R/L calls and have to take care of things there! I hope your return is great though!

-Riley/Des
Hey! Have you finished your online classes yet??

C

CatLord

see... not that hard to realize we are all on the same bloody boat and our fun and enjoyment of uo is in our hands... petty, childish arguments aside.

now... I want the classroom seat next to the window...
*engages hunter in a tic tac toe contest!*

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
see... not that hard to realize we are all on the same bloody boat and our fun and enjoyment of uo is in our hands... petty, childish arguments aside.

now... I want the classroom seat next to the window...
*engages hunter in a tic tac toe contest!*
Same boat maybe,I just don't like how some try to appoint themselves captain of the "boat"....oh and I take the upper left square.

C

CatLord

We only have one captain on catskills... that is Pike.
Everyone else, outside UP, are landlubbers...
People lead by merit...
There are many, one member guilds that once were great rping guilds... it is a sad thing to see, such entropy.

Upper middle square...

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We only have one captain on catskills... that is Pike.
Everyone else, outside UP, are landlubbers...
People lead by merit...
There are many, one member guilds that once were great rping guilds... it is a sad thing to see, such entropy.

Upper middle square...
Yeah I am a land lubber. RP wise Lebrun is just Lebrun. Or "Cookie Man" to some. I should make a mystic for the Stone Form and act out a half human/half elemental something-or-other character.

Middle square...

C

CatLord

Lots of possibilities... main thing is accountability, respect and open ended rp...

Upper right Square...

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of possibilities... main thing is accountability, respect and open ended rp...

Upper right Square...
Seems lately accountability is a one-way street in the RP community as a whole,especially when a few that have the equvalent of this
any discussion or in my case,desention,is an up-hill battle all the way.

Lower right square

A

Ashlen

Its good to see you back sundown, I hope you enjoy yourself
back in the new lands.

I was in Ancient order of Syr with Gothamy and Kaara and I use to
hear from them from time to time but not anymore. They moved
to NC from NY and our contact became less and less.

I miss those people on that list so much we had so much fun back then.
Izzy and Raven taught me so much about rp and about defending myself.
Plus they were just fun to be around.
Raven was one of the best story teller on the boards I thought.

If you need anything just let me know. My rl keeps me from playing
as much as I like but i do check the boards regularly.

C

CatLord

Well... we can always have the Podolak meeting and find something everyone agrees..

* Checks the three in a row *

Duh... you got the classroom seat next to the window...

* moves to the back of the classroom with an hidden grin *

Welcome back Lebrun... *winks*

Z

Zathos

Hey Elric and everyone else who remembers The Knights of Arcane Steel (KaS),
For some reason I decided to check and see who may still be hanging around UO these days.
Izzy the fool/Corin Aesir
Zathos
Dravyne
Laz
Raven was in WoW for a while but we've kinda lost touch.
We are all currently playing WoW; Blackwater Seawolves on the Argent Dawn server. There are a few others from one of the Elf guilds with us also. A few of us miss the good old days of being evil and causing mass destruction and death trying to find our swords. Role playing is pretty much nothing like it used to be and that is missed also. I tried to come back last yearish but everything was soo different just didn't like the changes. Unfortunately KaS didn't end well for most of us and it still pains some of us to think about it, KaS was a family that worked well together and faught hardx to be the best evil guild around. Being the Gm when the guild actually had it's final days was rough and i still feel like i let people down. This is the unposted final story of KaS that should have been posted to all. It is rough and still has some things that would have been worked out between guilds.

The battle raged on for days, both sides had taken many casualties, but the battle was winding down. The Knights of Arcane Steel had been eventually beaten back to their stronghold. With all their strength, the Steel finally succumbed to the over whelming numbers of Fae, Elves, Knights of Yew, Syr and Guardians of Virtue. This would be the last war the Steel would fight. Their rein of terror would end this day.
The Knights of Arcane Steel rallied around Zathos and made their final stand in the hall of acceptance. Zathos looked and waited for the invaders to breach the castles powerful defenses. The Knights stood their ground as the deafening boom echoed the halls, each Knight a statue of their training allowing the blood to flow from their busted ear drums rather than take their eyes off the last direction the invaders could come. Finally the invaders made it inside and walked up the stairs to the Hall. The Knights stood ready as the first invaders approached.
Silvara (or one of the other GM's of the attacking guilds) spoke offering the remaining Knights a life of servitude. Zathos approached and spoke; he allowed his notched arrow to loosen.
“We the Knights of Arcane Steel surrender.” The words echoed through the hushed mass of warriors. The Knights approached his position and lowered their weapons slightly.
Then an evil laugh began to come from Zathos, the plan he thought of to allow his warriors to get closer had worked. Raising his head to look upon the invaders his eyes glowed yellow and his face twisted into a snarl and a growl reverberated from his throat.
“WE SURRENDER ONLY TO DEATH!” Zathos shouted dropping his bow, smoothly pulling his kryss and charging. The Knights took his sign and charged to their fates.
The battle was hard fought and took days, but at last the Knights fell. The halls of the castle were filled with the metallic smell of blood and an eerie silence fell over the castle. It was time to finish what they had come to do. Reaching the engraved stone that contained the names of all the Knights, the stone that bound them body and soul. Someone (name to be chosen later) raised the sword known as shield breaker and smashed the engraving stone into three pieces (the number of guilds may be more and therefore so will the pieces). Each leader took a piece and quietly left the castle to the ghosts of the Knights of Arcane Steel.

Hope you guys enjoy the last story. Also hope you guys are having fun and trying to keep RP alive. The old crew and RP is missed.

Zathos
Arcane Archer
The Knights of Arcane Steel

S

Stig

"Pleb laying on the floor amongst the carnage slowely sips the blood flowing from his fallen comrades, regaining strength from each sip", "once enough strength was restored he quietly made his way out and vanished into the wilds of Sosoria"

"Rumour has it that Pleb was seen in Tokuno, but there have been no confirmed sightigs in many a year......"

(Pleb was a Knight of Kas, Rp'd as a reformed Vampire who only drank his foes blood ..... not known now what he drinks......)

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noooooooooooo!

Sorry, I just don't accept that the KaS all died. Never going to happen!

The Swords of Power story line was clearly one of the very best stories I ever had the honor to be part of. And just to let everyone know....I still have one of the original swords of power, and the book that accompanied, it in my bank box someplace.

Zathos, does the Seawolves have a website?

C

CatLord

Cool, we got Dramora to post...

Now to get her to lead the Rping Senate...

A

aquias

I'm with Dram. KaS were fractured, backstabbing, hoodlums when... err... whozadunit was in charge. There's not much chance that Dark was standing there in a final battle beside KaS, he'd be slinking off somewhere else instead of confronting an obviously stronger foe in a fight he couldn't win.

Oh... yeah, HAI!

As for getting RP going, just let a bad guy have some free reign. Don't pre-plan and fire it up. Dark got chased by half the server because no one (not even me) had a clue what was going on or where the story would go next.

As for me, old school player. Former KaS and AKB. The fella most tend to recall is Darkmane.

And no, I'm not in UO. Dunno why, a whim took me to check these forums today.

C

CatLord

Maybe you can still log in... the return to britania program is/was running.

All accounts are/were active.

Good to see you around!

Z

Zathos

If everyone reads the story carefully the only one named is Zathos. There is always room for a come back. Although there are still several swords in game dram does have one. KaS will always live on in the hearts of those we tormented and poisoned and those who experienced our great treasure hunting adventures, oh and the fishing net craziness. I still say UO is the best game that allows for open ended RP and endless possibilities.
Good luck in getting the RP going again.
I may still have all those notes from when we tried to revamp RP Dram
Z

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Elric and everyone else who remembers The Knights of Arcane Steel (KaS),
For some reason I decided to check and see who may still be hanging around UO these days.
Izzy the fool/Corin Aesir
Zathos
Dravyne
Laz
Raven was in WoW for a while but we've kinda lost touch.
We are all currently playing WoW; Blackwater Seawolves on the Argent Dawn server. There are a few others from one of the Elf guilds with us also. A few of us miss the good old days of being evil and causing mass destruction and death trying to find our swords. Role playing is pretty much nothing like it used to be and that is missed also. I tried to come back last yearish but everything was soo different just didn't like the changes. Unfortunately KaS didn't end well for most of us and it still pains some of us to think about it, KaS was a family that worked well together and faught hardx to be the best evil guild around. Being the Gm when the guild actually had it's final days was rough and i still feel like i let people down. This is the unposted final story of KaS that should have been posted to all. It is rough and still has some things that would have been worked out between guilds.

The battle raged on for days, both sides had taken many casualties, but the battle was winding down. The Knights of Arcane Steel had been eventually beaten back to their stronghold. With all their strength, the Steel finally succumbed to the over whelming numbers of Fae, Elves, Knights of Yew, Syr and Guardians of Virtue. This would be the last war the Steel would fight. Their rein of terror would end this day.
The Knights of Arcane Steel rallied around Zathos and made their final stand in the hall of acceptance. Zathos looked and waited for the invaders to breach the castles powerful defenses. The Knights stood their ground as the deafening boom echoed the halls, each Knight a statue of their training allowing the blood to flow from their busted ear drums rather than take their eyes off the last direction the invaders could come. Finally the invaders made it inside and walked up the stairs to the Hall. The Knights stood ready as the first invaders approached.
Silvara (or one of the other GM's of the attacking guilds) spoke offering the remaining Knights a life of servitude. Zathos approached and spoke; he allowed his notched arrow to loosen.
“We the Knights of Arcane Steel surrender.” The words echoed through the hushed mass of warriors. The Knights approached his position and lowered their weapons slightly.
Then an evil laugh began to come from Zathos, the plan he thought of to allow his warriors to get closer had worked. Raising his head to look upon the invaders his eyes glowed yellow and his face twisted into a snarl and a growl reverberated from his throat.
“WE SURRENDER ONLY TO DEATH!” Zathos shouted dropping his bow, smoothly pulling his kryss and charging. The Knights took his sign and charged to their fates.
The battle was hard fought and took days, but at last the Knights fell. The halls of the castle were filled with the metallic smell of blood and an eerie silence fell over the castle. It was time to finish what they had come to do. Reaching the engraved stone that contained the names of all the Knights, the stone that bound them body and soul. Someone (name to be chosen later) raised the sword known as shield breaker and smashed the engraving stone into three pieces (the number of guilds may be more and therefore so will the pieces). Each leader took a piece and quietly left the castle to the ghosts of the Knights of Arcane Steel.

Hope you guys enjoy the last story. Also hope you guys are having fun and trying to keep RP alive. The old crew and RP is missed.

Zathos
Arcane Archer
The Knights of Arcane Steel
A fine story indeed. I recall the swords of power plot when it was gong on. Some of the best RP I have ever seen or taken part of come from those time. And yes, the Arcane Steele will always live on for those of us who remember another time in the RP history of UO.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Sundown, contact me if you decide to form an evil guild to challenge the goody two shoes.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Evil is the path to ultimate power...And it is also the funnest way to go about ones business.